Naturals: Was/Is Your Hair this Long at 14-15 months??

DrC

I understand that everyones growth rate is different, and it also depends on the length of transitioning, but this girls hair is OMG :infatuated: super long to me for only 14-15 months. (I'm guessing she transitioned for a while.)
I am 15 months natural and have the slightest idea of how long my hair is blown out, but I don't think its that length (#Moregrowingtodo)

Hmm I wonder if she is still growing natural ( off to research)

miltonmarie
YouTube - 15 MONTHS 1 WEEK 4 DAYS being natural

Last edited:
Her hair is pretty and her progress is good. Her and I have about the same length and I'm almost 12 months. Your hair is probably growing faster than you think, especially if you never stretch or pull it out. :)

I don't think her growth rate is outside of the norm. I just bc'd myself, but looking at some of the old treads for 1 year updates from LHCF members, that seems to be the average lenght that one can expect after 1 year, at least that is what I am expecting.

Looks like normal growth rate.

My hair is her length in her 20 month video and I am 18 mo natural and transitioned 10 weeks

Yeah Mine was like that when I was growing mine out. When I did flat iron it or whatever my ends were not awesome and I just kept cutting them off :( Now I have learned some methods to try and not do that. I didn't know they could be save I figured they were dry and crunchy so every time I did the flat iron thing I just cut them and I'm talking like 2 inches or more. Not to long ago I did a stretch and it had grown so well and I kinda bumped my ends under cuz they were crunchy. I ended up putting it in a pony tail and cutting it the whole thing off. Sure wish I had it now lol. It's all grown back now and i'm learning how to get more moisture. Your hair is probably A LOT longer than what you think.

ETA- It was one year ago a little more than that when I had cut the whole pony tail off I just looked at the picture information.

Last edited:
I'm at 20 months too and my hair is about the same length as hers - maybe just a tard bit longer in some places because my hair grows in extreme layers. I didn't transition - I had about an inch (or less) of hair when I BC'd. I agree with one of the posts above, I think this is about the average growth rate.

Yeah Mine was like that when I was growing mine out. When I did flat iron it or whatever my ends were not awesome and I just kept cutting them off :( Now I have learned some methods to try and not do that. I didn't know they could be save I figured they were dry and crunchy so every time I did the flat iron thing I just cut them and I'm talking like 2 inches or more. Not to long ago I did a stretch and it had grown so well and I kinda bumped my ends under cuz they were crunchy. I ended up putting it in a pony tail and cutting it the whole thing off. Sure wish I had it now lol. It's all grown back now and i'm learning how to get more moisture. Your hair is probably A LOT longer than what you think.

ETA- It was one year ago a little more than that when I had cut the whole pony tail off I just looked at the picture information.

2 inches? Whoo girl that is a lot. Yeah thats hair which could've been salvaged. How many times did you flat iron a month? What do you do for moisture and sealing your ends????

I'm the exception here. I was natural for 26 months. I grew my hair out from a buzz cut and my hair length stretched before I relaxed it was just 8.5 inch in the longest place.

Her growth rate seems normal. If you have a lot of shrinkage and never blow it out or stretch, you'll feel like your hair is at a stand still for months. 14-15 months, should yield 7.5 (stretched) on the average head, some more some less.

I think she's experienced a normal growth rate and you shouldn't think that you can't get there.

When I was natural, at months 13-15, I had a little more hair than shown in her videos (as pictured below) and that is after being really scissor happy and going to Super Cuts where my hair was butchered.

Day4Twistoutpic1-vi.jpg

...when these twists from an old twistout were stretched, they were past shoulder length.

2 inches? Whoo girl that is a lot. Yeah thats hair which could've been salvaged. How many times did you flat iron a month? What do you do for moisture and sealing your ends????

This time around was my second time doing it, I lost my flippin mind and cut about alot off and it left me with like 2 inches maybe almost three that I got permed bone strait instantly I regretted it lol Which brings me to the second time. Ok so I was determined to make it work again but I was still battling the same thing dry ends. I was so certain that cutting them off would make it better. I was doing nothing for moisture I just didn't want to put in the extra work BIG MISTAKE!!! If I would have kept all that hair It would be at least 6 inches or more from my neck. So one day I literally put it in a pony tail and just cut the entire pony tail. Even before then I was hacking away. So now fast forward to now where I have decided i'm not cutting it no matter how ratty it is lol So I decided to come back here and try and help my hair out lol. It's growing really good though. When I stretch it all the way down it's past my neck so barely touching my back and every mm counts lol

how long did she transition? my hair is about that length stretched out and i havent had a relaxer in almost 13 months

I think she's experienced a normal growth rate and you shouldn't think that you can't get there.

When I was natural, at months 13-15, I had a little more hair than shown in her videos (as pictured below) and that is after being really scissor happy and going to Super Cuts where my hair was butchered.

Day4Twistoutpic1-vi.jpg

...when these twists from an old twistout were stretched, they were past shoulder length.

:lick: Luscious

Back