Naturals what do you use...

LuyshuZ

Natural ladies what do you use for curl definition? What is the process for getting the curls I see a lot you have, im going to my bestfriend's graduation later and I want curls for the little 1 =). Her hair is about 3b when wet A lot of definition but dries and her end half (in a pony) will be straight with a few big swoops of curl, and 3c other random places. Thank you for responses I need to get to the BSS early.

ladylibra

^^^lately i've cut out leave-ins and just been using conditioner with honey... instead of rinsing out, i just squeeze out the excess conditioner after detangling. that's how i got the coils in my avi. :yep:

honey really makes curls "pop" IMO, you don't have to use a lot and it doesn't give a stiff hold like gel. also it's a humectant so it helps keep those curls moisturized.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
^^^lately i've cut out leave-ins and just been using conditioner with honey... instead of rinsing out, i just squeeze out the excess conditioner after detangling. that's how i got the coils in my avi. :yep:

honey really makes curls "pop" IMO, you don't have to use a lot and it doesn't give a stiff hold like gel. also it's a humectant so it helps keep those curls moisturized.

What a great idea!!! I've been trying to figure out how to make my dd's curls come out of hiding, usually it dries into a big poof with a few curls here and there :lol:

I'm trying this today! :grin:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I've tried a lot of curl products but by far I get the best results with Beyond The Zone Noodlehead. I'm gonna stick with that cuz nothing else works better. A denman brush really makes the curls form well too.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

What conditioner do you leave-in? I tried this method using Suave mixed with Hello Hydration as my leave-in and the results were just ok'ish......well maybe not ok, it was pretty frizzy as the day went on. I had to wash it out the next day which is something I don't normally do. Maybe some conditioners are better than others to leave in.

Robin41

I just recently started using Garnier Brilliantine Wet Shine Gel and it makes my 4A-B curls shiny and moisturized. After shampooing, I run a bit of indian hemp hairdressing throughout and that really works to keep my hair soft (don't know why) and then smooth through the Wet Shine Gel and that's it.

It really works well for twist outs and braid outs too. Keeps them very shiny and they don't look all stiff and dried out by the end of the day.

I'm going to give the conditioner w/honey a try too and see how that works.

silvergirl

just been using conditioner with honey... instead of rinsing out, i just squeeze out the excess conditioner after detangling. that's how i got the coils in my avi. :yep:

thats what i did, except for the honey, helps retain the curl and leave less frizz

LuyshuZ

Thanks for the responses. I tried the conditioner with no honey and "Silk Elements Curl defining mousse" it worked ok but I'll definately try the Noodle Head stuff. Any specifics before hand? Regular wash? and apply on dry damp or wet hair? I'll try to get pictures up.