Naturals:Where Are You getting Protein?

MizzBrit

Before i braided my hair last week, i decide to do a protein treatment. I had just enough of the Aphogee 2-step for an application. Tell me why when i washed it out ..my hair felt so SOFT:rolleyes:. I'm guessing my hair really needed it. So now i'm going to incorporate more protein treatments into my hair. My hair frowns upon those protein sprays..but treatments are different for some reason.Aphogee 2 step is too expensive for ME:ohwell:..so any other substitutes? where are you getting your protein from?

Stacy TheLady

I use Profectiv Anti Breakage, it contains Wheat germ and Wheat Germ Oil as well as some other protein stuff. Works great for me. My hair doesnt like too much protein so once a month protein DC is my maximum.

mj11051

Aubrey's Organics GPB or for a little heavier protein I use Elucence extended moisture repair treatment.

lilsparkle825

Aphogee 2-minute
Megatek
Nexxus Emergencee
egg, mayo and EVOO (NO HEAT, unless you want scrambled eggs in your hair)
Joico K-Pak DPR (or the GVP version)

I have used all of these with great results. My curls really POP when they get a taste of protein. I just add a squirt of the 2-minute or Megatek to my moisturizing DC, or use one of the others separately then followup with one of my staple moisturizing DCs.

Lyoness

I use Megatek , Aussie moist reconstructor , MOP extreme protein treatment for a good ole protein boost.. those get the thumbs up from me.

I've tried ORS but I hated the citrus smell

ladytea

I'm a natural who needs protein too.

I use Deity America Deep Penetrating Conditioner for Damaged Hair. Love it 'cause it sets the protein/moisture balance to right. This treatment wants you to apply it to freshly washed hair, baggy and sit under heating cap for 15 minutes (moisturizing), then remove baggy and get under the dryer to make the hair crispy dry (protein). Then rinse. The hair is so soft, pliable and strong. Whereas Aphogee 2-step leaves me strong but too stiff. I do it every 4 - 6 weeks.

Note: Even if the roots do not dry completely, make sure the bottom half of the hair is crispy dry because that is the areas we have the most issues with.

I get it from the BSS.

Also let me add that I don't have any problems with detangling, and want to keep it that way. It took a long time to fix this problem. So I will not keep anything in my regimen that throws off my detangling process. The Deity made the cut.
HTH

Last edited:

vkb247

I'm not natural...but I use yogurt for protein. I want to try a gelatin mask too.

Last edited: