Need Help Finalizing Regimin

Millahdoowop

Need Help Finalizing Regimine

Okay ladies, I need help. I want to make sure that my regimine is cool, so that when I take out my braids I won't be having any hair mishaps. This is what I have so far:

Wash hair with Nexxus moisturizing shampoo
Clarify with baking soda and water
Aphogee treatment (every six weeks)
Deep Condition with Nexxus moisturizing condition (humectress?)
Do a final rinse with the ACV

Last edited:
Guys I need help, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.:( I need to make sure that this combo of things is okay. I'm confused about the whole ph balance thing. Would it be okay to do the baking soda clarifier before the protein treatment or should I do it after?

The only way to find out if your regimen works is to try it out. No one can tell you ahead of time what will work for you. What works for one may not work for another. Trial and error.;)

natalied said:
R U clarifying and doing a rinse every time you wash? And how often are you washing?

I'm in braids right now, I'm trying to get this regimen(sp?) together so that when I take out my braids I'll have things in place, ready and set to go. I plan on doing a rinse everytime I wash and clarifying about once a month or more when needed. When I'm out of braids I usually wash once a week.

MeccaMedinah said:
The only way to find out if your regimen works is to try it out. No one can tell you ahead of time what will work for you. What works for one may not work for another. Trial and error.;)

Makes sense. I think I'm more curious about doing my first protein treatment and this whole baking soda clarifier thing. I'm confused about the ph balance in hair and adding stuff to the hair. I'm so lost... :confused:

Millah03 said:

Makes sense. I think I'm more curious about doing my first protein treatment and this whole baking soda clarifier thing. I'm confused about the ph balance in hair and adding stuff to the hair. I'm so lost... :confused:

I think your regimen is a little confusing b/c of the Baking soda clarifier and the ACV rinse. Most people use the ACV as a clarfiier. So I'm not quite sure why you need the Baking Soda and the ACV.

Also, I would clarify every 4-6 week or as need when the hair seems to have a lot of buidup or is dull.

Many people find a light protein treatment for every week or every other week beneficial to their regimen. Some suggestions are Aubrey Organcis GPB or Nexxus Keraphix.

You didn't mention a leave-in conditioner in your regimen. Some suggestions are: Salerm 21, lacio lacio, or Elasta QP H-Two.

What do you do with your hair after you wash? If you blowdry or do a rollerset you will need a heat protectant/serum. Some suggestions are Biosilk Silk Therapy or NTM Healing Shine Serum

You also didn't mention a daily moisturizer or any the use of any oils. Do you have a daily moisturizer?

Last edited:
natalied said:
I think your regimen is a little confusing b/c of the Baking soda clarifier and the ACV rinse. Most people use the ACV as a clarfiier. So I'm not quite sure why you need the Baking Soda and the ACV.

Also, I would clarify every 4-6 week or as need when hear seems to have a lot of buidup or is dull.

Many people find a light protein treatment for every week or every other week beneficial to their regimen. Some suggestions are Aubrey Organcis GPB or Nexxus Keraphix.

You didn't mention a leave-in conditioner in your regimen. Some suggestions are: Salerm 21, lacio lacio, or Elasta QP H-Two.

What do you do with your hair after you wash? If you blowdry or do a rollerset you will need a heat protectant/serum. Some suggestions are Biosilk Silk Therapy or NTM Healing Shine Serum

You also didn't mention a daily moisturizer or any the use of any oils. Do you have a daily moisturizer?

what she said.........

natalied said:

Also, I would clarify every 4-6 week or as need when the hair seems to have a lot of buidup or is dull.

Oh yeah... I didn't even think about that. I don't know exactly what it is I'm going to do with my hair when I take these braids down, because I have recently learned that heat is not my friend. There's not much I can do with my hair aside from wearing it down because I have some damage spots that I try to cover up. I have this Olive Oil hair moisturizer by ORS, WGHO, and Lotion Motion #9 for my hair as daily moisturizers. Before I got my braids I stopped blowdrying my hair to get it dry. I airdry. I just went ahead and revised my regimen so I took the ACV rinse out. I haven't really used leave-in conditioners so that is also something I should take in consideration. Oh yes, and thanks for responding. :)

natalied said:

DITTO!!!! you definately need some oil and a leave in.

Re: Need Help Finalizing Regimine

Millah03 said:

Deep Condition with Nexxus moisturizing condition (humectress?)
I can't give input on the other products, but I just wanted to say that Humectress is not a deep conditioner. It's a moisturizer, can be used as rinsse or leave-in, but if you want a deep, moisturizing conditioner, you may want to try Humecto (in the tub, not the bottle).

Millah03 said:
Oh yeah... I didn't even think about that. I don't know exactly what it is I'm going to do with my hair when I take these braids down, because I have recently learned that heat is not my friend. There's not much I can do with my hair aside from wearing it down because I have some damage spots that I try to cover up. I have this Olive Oil hair moisturizer by ORS, WGHO, and Lotion Motion #9 for my hair as daily moisturizers. Before I got my braids I stopped blowdrying my hair to get it dry. I airdry. I just went ahead and revised my regimen so I took the ACV rinse out. I haven't really used leave-in conditioners so that is also something I should take in consideration. Oh yes, and thanks for responding. :)

WGHO- is great for softening new growth. I don't use it on the length of my hair tho'.

I would look at also using oils for the hair and sealing the ends. Cocunut oil for shine, and jojoba oil or shea butter for the ends.

Have you though about doing the baggie method? and then using a phony pony? or how about using an instant weave while you nurse your hair back to health?

Last edited:

webby said:
I can't give input on the other products, but I just wanted to say that Humectress is not a deep conditioner. It's a moisturizer, can be used as rinsse or leave-in, but if you want a deep, moisturizing conditioner, you may want to try Humecto (in the tub, not the bottle).
humectress isnt a deep conditioner? oopss......

Dolapo said:
humectress isnt a deep conditioner? oopss......
I'm pretty sure it's not. If I'm wrong...please, someone correct me.

Webby is right. It is not a deep conditioner but, it can be used as one. Using it as a deep conditiner came for the Shamboosee book. ( I have book at home in my hair/make-up library). I use it as a deep conditiner and as a leave-in. It works really well. It really moisturizes my hair. My hair is really soft and moist afterwards.

HTH

webby said:
I'm pretty sure it's not. If I'm wrong...please, someone correct me.
:eek: i guess ive been using it the wrong way. im pretty sure the bottle doesnt say its a deep conditioner. thanks for the heads up webby! :ohwell: :)

auntybe said:
Webby is right. It is not a deep conditioner but, it can be used as one. Using it as a deep conditiner came for the Shamboosee book. ( I have book at home in my hair/make-up library). I use it as a deep conditiner and as a leave-in. It works really well. It really moisturizes my hair. My hair is really soft and moist afterwards.

HTH
when i use it to deep condition, i usually mix it with my other deep conditioners or oils.....no wonder when i used to use it alone, it never really helped. ill use it as a normal conditioner and and a leave in now

Well I would loooooooove to be able to do the baggie method but I can't. My edges are pretty much gone and I can't put my hair back in a ponytail without it looking retarded. :( I'm going to try the Lenzy's Request for my hair and possible some type of topical biotin treatment. But right now putting my hair in a ponytail is out of the question. Hopefully I'll have some growth on my edges when it's time to take my braids out. I've got to figure something out. :ohwell:

Back