Need your opinion:

aileendq

So I'm considering bunning away for the rest of the winter, but I have two small dilemmas:

1) I look HORRIBLE with my hair up and no bangs. With longish bangs it's okay. Should I cut bangs so I can start bunning?

2) My hair is about APL (not all of it, just the longest part). I have about 1 1/2-2 inches of "scraggly" looking ends (uneven from layers growing out and spot trimming splits off). Should I cut those inches off and start blunt and fresh before I start bunning for the rest of the winter?

I'm thinking I can go until June and gain about six inches.

What do you all think? Especially those of you that have bunned successfully or are bunning successfully.

I sort of feel (given that I'm also recovering from back surgery and stuck in bed half the time) like I'm "going to ground" until Spring.

Any advice from you sage ladies would be appreciated!

shunta

1) I look HORRIBLE with my hair up and no bangs. With longish bangs it's okay. Should I cut bangs so I can start bunning? No, dont cut your bangs, chica.:) Put on nice some cute dangly earrings and a lil lip gloss and call it a day.

2) My hair is about APL (not all of it, just the longest part). I have about 1 1/2-2 inches of "scraggly" looking ends (uneven from layers growing out and spot trimming splits off). Should I cut those inches off and start blunt and fresh before I start bunning for the rest of the winter? Cut those scraggly ends and start fresh!!:D

What do you all think? Especially those of you that have bunned successfully or are bunning successfully. I think it will all be worth it in the end.

sareca

1) I loved having bangs to break up the monotony of buns. I say have a pro cut face framing bangs for you.

2) I say cut 'em. I think buns protected my hair, but they only protected the healthier strands. What needs to be cut today will need to be cut six months from now.

3) Hair grows 1/2 an inch a month. Six months is 3 inches unless you're one of the lucky few that get 1 inch/month.

aileendq

sareca said:
1)
3) Hair grows 1/2 an inch a month. Six months is 3 inches unless you're one of the lucky few that get 1 inch/month.

I do get one inch, or slightly less, but KEEPING it is another matter entirely!
Thanks for your advice! I didn't even think of the "face framing" bit!

Ms Lala

aileendq said:
So I'm considering bunning away for the rest of the winter, but I have two small dilemmas:

1) I look HORRIBLE with my hair up and no bangs. With longish bangs it's okay. Should I cut bangs so I can start bunning?

2) My hair is about APL (not all of it, just the longest part). I have about 1 1/2-2 inches of "scraggly" looking ends (uneven from layers growing out and spot trimming splits off). Should I cut those inches off and start blunt and fresh before I start bunning for the rest of the winter?

What do you all think? Especially those of you that have bunned successfully or are bunning successfully.

I sort of feel (given that I'm also recovering from back surgery and stuck in bed half the time) like I'm "going to ground" until Spring.

I am in the same boat. I have been putting a part on the side and swooping the front across into the bun (I hope that makes sense) like a bang kind of. I"m trying to grow my bangs out but now you're making me want to cut them again. I need hair in my face and over my forehead!

Mystic

6" in 6 months????? That is VERY ambitious. Is that a realistic goal? I wouldn't want you to be disappointed and frustrated if you do not meet you goals.

aileendq said:

Cayenne0622

I say trim now. My hair is neck length and I haven't worn it down in months. I can't wait until January when I relax it so that I can see what it looks like and I can go ahead and trim to get rid of bad ends and layers. I know I'll have to be really patient right now while its short so that I don't end up having to do a big chop after its shoulder length or longer. I hope the bunning works out. I really am enjoying mine. I wear a phony bun over my hair.