New Carrot Juice Hair Growth Challenge

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
How many baby carrots would equal 2 ounces of juice?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've learned that one pound of carrots makes about six to eight ounces of carrot juice. So I would say 1/4 pound of carrots (however many baby carrots that would be) would make about 2 ounces. 1 large carrot will do it, or 2 regular sized carrots, juiced. To get the same value eating the carrots will take more carrots, maybe 3 or 4.

flyjump00

Count me in!!! I like to make Carrot, apple, and celery juice in my juiceman Jr. I have been slipping lately so maybe this challenge will help get me back on track.

Armyqt

Well I picked up 2-64 oz bottles of Odwalla carrot juice today along with some fresh bagged carrots. I'm sipping on some as we speak

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I've learned that one pound of carrots makes about six to eight ounces of carrot juice. So I would say 1/4 pound of carrots (however many baby carrots that would be) would make about 2 ounces. 1 large carrot will do it, or 2 regular sized carrots, juiced. To get the same value eating the carrots will take more carrots, maybe 3 or 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in that case, I'll just buy the juice.

Koffie

Hi,

I'm in college and I only have a little mini Freezer/refrigerator in my dorm which is too small for a bag of carrots to fit in the mini freezer. I might just do the juice, but I wanted to know what was the best brand of carrot juice to buy, that had a pretty decent taste.

Lovely901Lady

Okay, so I can eat at least 1-1 lb bag of baby carrots everyday until I can get a juicer....I have one in the fridge now and I'll pick up more when I get off work tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited about this.....Good luck everyone!!!!

soulchild

Around how much does carrot juice cost? And what is the taste like? I like carrots well enough but I'm not sure about the juice. -TIA

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I will join the challenge. I love to eat baby carrots and buy a bag of them all the time. This will be easy for me to do.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
wingtoe said:
Hi,

I'm in college and I only have a little mini Freezer/refrigerator in my dorm which is too small for a bag of carrots to fit in the mini freezer. I might just do the juice, but I wanted to know what was the best brand of carrot juice to buy, that had a pretty decent taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odwella and Naked Juice are pretty good. I used to buy frozen carrot juice in the health store that came in cartons. It tasted the best to me, next to freshly juiced carrots (can't remember the brand though).
It's important to check the expiration dates on all of the carrot juices. Some stores don't always rotate them.

TigerOrange

I'm in. I tried this after you posted. One of my friend's that is on the Atkins Diet told me that I was going to get fat b/c of the high glycemic index. Anyways, I did it for 2 weeks and I had a lot of new growth. I ate baby carrots and drank some orange carrot jucie that I got from the health food store. And, I didn't gain any weight. It tasted soo good that I drank the bottle in 5 days. Well, I'm motivated to do this. I'll post my results when the challenge is over.

Nova

Count me in! I have no other choice since I've run out and bought a bag full of carrots, apples and ginger!

If I keep following all the advice offered here (which is the best I've ever received), I'm going to have long, luxurious hair to protect me from the elements because I'll surely be homeless!

P.S. Starting carrot-apple-ginger-cucumber juice today!
Will post results on April 22nd.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Nova,

Please share the portions your using for your carrot-apple-ginger-cucumber juice. Thanks in advance. Sounds tasty.

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Count me in too -- I just finished a bottle of Bolthouse Farms' Passion fruit-apple-carrot juice. I also have some carrots in my fridge that i will try to juice with an apple later today..

nissi

count me in! i have a juiceman and if you freeze the carrot juice it's ok. vegetable enzymes will not be destroyed by freezing, only if it is pasturized or heated above a certain temp.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
TigerOrange said:
I'm in. I tried this after you posted. One of my friend's that is on the Atkins Diet told me that I was going to get fat b/c of the high glycemic index. Anyways, I did it for 2 weeks and I had a lot of new growth. I ate baby carrots and drank some orange carrot jucie that I got from the health food store. And, I didn't gain any weight. It tasted soo good that I drank the bottle in 5 days. Well, I'm motivated to do this. I'll post my results when the challenge is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have never, ever experienced weight gain eating carrots or drinking carrot juice. I'm assisting a relative to lose weight and I spoke to a nutritionist in the recent past about this. He said he's been drinking carrot juice daily for years, with no increase in weight. He said the carbs are treated differently by the body and people who are overweight will actually lose weight eating raw carrots and drinking carrot juice, depending on what else they are eating.

Edited to add:

This nutritionist also loves the carrot juice powder that HotChocolate mentioned.

Brooke007

[ QUOTE ]
TigerOrange said:
I'm in. I tried this after you posted. One of my friend's that is on the Atkins Diet told me that I was going to get fat b/c of the high glycemic index.

[/ QUOTE ] Carrot juice does have a high GI.
The glycemic response of carrot juice can be reduced by drinking it with a tablespoon full of oil. The oil has the added benefit of increasing the body’s absorption of the fat soluble carotenoids, such as beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and lutein. Any oil will produce this effect. This is a great way to get in beneficial oils and carrot juice at the same time. I recommend coconut oil for a tasteless way to get it, also flaxseed oil, hemp oil or any of the oils you’ll find in your health food store's refrigerated section.

hotshot

hmm, i want in, but i feel like there is only so much liquid my body can consume! i already drink 8-10 glasses of water, herbal tea on occasion and 16oz protein shake per day. im considering. . .if i put carrots in my blender on "liquefy" if wonder if itll work?

Brooke007

Hotshot remember Isis said "To experience great progress, I've learned just 2 ounces (or 1/4 cup) each day is enough."
So just drink a lil less water and sub for the juice.

Not sure about the blender/liquify method.

nissi

[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
hmm, i want in, but i feel like there is only so much liquid my body can consume! i already drink 8-10 glasses of water, herbal tea on occasion and 16oz protein shake per day. im considering. . .if i put carrots in my blender on "liquefy" if wonder if itll work?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, really you need something that will extract the juice. the blender only chops it up really fine, i would be surprised if the "liquefy" function will extract the juice. HTH!