New GPB vs. Original Formula.....

A_Christian

I was surprised to see that the formula of Aubrey Organics GPB has been slightly changed. For everyone who has used the original formula regularly, is the new one just as good? The protein is further down on the list of ingredients. Even though it's a relatively light protein treatment, my hair always feels a little stronger after using it. I'm wondering if the new formula will provide the same moisturized, yet strengthened results that I got from the original. Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EbonyEyes

Old GPB:

Essential Fatty Acid Base (with Amino Acids Cysteine, Cystine, and Methionine), Lactalbumin (milk protein), Rosemary, Sage, Horsetail, Coltsfoot, Nettle, Glycogen (from oyster sheels), Balsalm Tolu, Aubrey's Preservative (Citris Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C, and E)

New Formula:

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Lactalbumin, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Nettle Extract, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Glycoprotein (from oyster shells), Balsam Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Hmmmmmmm.....I really hope it doesn't make a difference. Wait, I take that back. I hope that the difference is very positive.

I have to buy more GPB next month. I will try the new formula out and see if I like it.

Thanks for the heads up!

-Ebony

dreamgurl

I've used both formulas and I will say I like the new one a little better. I can't really describe it, but I mean the new formula instantly softened a world of tangles in my hair and just felt like pure silk when I put it on and when I rinsed it out. Maybe it is attributed to the Wheat Germ Oil, Aloe Vera or maybe the new concocted Coconut Fatty Acid Base. I don't think one could ever go wrong with anything coconut.

Allandra

EbonyEyes,

Thanks for posting the ingredients of the new formula.

Gosh, I hope the new formula is all that. I've been using GPB since 2000. I still have a small amount of the old formula left. I'm going to see how many bottles of the old formula I can rake up for my hair care product stash (since this has been a staple for so long).

ubavka123

Actually, protein is 2nd on the list also. Aloe Vera is a plant protein. Aloe vera is the main ingredient in UBH for instance, which is a protein conditioner. I think that the aloe vera in the second formulation would further contribute to strengthening properties. So, it just may be better and help your hair be stronger! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

Allandra

I'm glad you started this thread. I was able to find (and of course purchase /images/graemlins/grin.gif ) two 16 ounce bottles of the original formula (got it at the Vitamin Shoppe, $13.60).

Chichi

I think that I've only been using the old formula. Does the new one have a different label?

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
I think that I've only been using the old formula. Does the new one have a different label?

[/ QUOTE ]

Faith

I hope I like the new one even more cause the old one leaves my hair a bit dry and I have to follow it with a moisturuzing conditioner

A_Christian

Thanks you all for the info. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope I like the new one even better, but just in case I'm going to get to the Vitamin Shoppe with the quickness to see if I can find some of the old bottles! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A_Christian

Lol miss_brown /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm hoping that I'll like the new one even better, but if avlon industries ever goes messing around with Humecto I'm gonna have a fit! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Lol /images/graemlins/laugh.gif GPB and Humecto (along with KeraCare Essential Oils) are the only 3 products I've found so far that I consider to be staples. I would be so ticked off if one of them stopped working on my hair.

SherryLove

ok.. ihave yet to try the new formula... i am sure i will like it though..... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
Those b@stards better not have ruined the formula to my favorite protein treatment! /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMBAO... girl, i was thinking the same thing

Honi

There is no board.
I hope it works well too. I hate when companies change formulas *cough infusium* and it doesn't do squat anymore.

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

Yep, still using the old one. I buy it at Whole Foods.

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
I had to go out and buy 2 bottles of the old formula too /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You go girl. I'm so glad I was able to find some.

Honeyhips

Lovely
I'm so disappointed my local whole foods doesn't carry their hair products anymore. This was my staple when I first went natural.