New Hair Photos...got a hair CUT

asha

Well ladies, my hair was growing really nicely and then I got the urge. Yes I got the urge to cut my hair and wear it in a style. The reason..I have finally come to the conclusion that my hair is like any other races, it can and does grow. Thank you to all you ladies who helped me learn to take care of my hair so I could reach this point. Anyways, I want to have fun with my hair. Don't get me wrong, I still want to grow it out. I just wanted one last style cut before I started on my hair growing journey. I have reached my healthy hair journey and will try and maintain the health. I want to grow it out to 3 inches past bra strap for my wedding which will be in about 4 years (I just got engaged on January 21/04). So I figured WTH, I'll where one more short style before I start the growing out journey. See, before when my hair was short "not by choice" it was chewed up and breaking. Now that it is healthy and thick I want to feel it swing around my face. There are pictures in my album of my hair before i cut it and two new pictures of the new cut. In the picture of the new cut my hair was air dryed with mangobutter and then two cornrows put in each side of the head the night before the picture was taken. Then in the morning I undid the cornrows and combed it out a bit and took the pics. By the way..I cut it myself because I don't trust anyone to do it...I am surprised that it turned out the way I had envisioned it.
Anyways, sorry for the long post, enjoy the pics.

KinksnCurlz

Very nice Asha

Nonie

Asha, isn't it great when you can choose to wear your hair short or long? Congratulations on getting your hair healthy (It shows!). Enjoy the new length while it lasts. With the great condition your hair is in, it probably won't stay short for long.

Lindy

Wow, you're really brave!! Your hair was so pretty before the cut...
It still looks cute, though! So... your hair was perfectly healthy, and you cut it off??!! YIKES!!

DatJerseyDyme

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Wow, you're really brave!! Your hair was so pretty before the cut...
It still looks cute, though! So... your hair was perfectly healthy, and you cut it off??!! YIKES!!

[/ QUOTE ]

D I T T O

B

ballet_bun

Your haircut is really cute. Your hair looks really thick!

asha

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
4 Year engagement!?!?!?OMG!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Chaya, thank you. Yes 4 year engagement. The main reason is because we want to finish university before we get married. I have three more years and my fiance has 4.

asha

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I know it is kinda freaky that I cut my hair off when there was nothing wrong with it but it feels really good to for once in my life be able to cut my hair because I wanted to. But it is back to growing from now on. I am already feeling some new growth (touched up in early january). I am getting my next touch up in May so I will definately be posting some pictures then. I must say I am loving the new cut though.