I got my hair CUT this weekend...

leejure

No, I don't mean a trim, I got my hair cut! Friday, I went to get my hair done and I wanted a whole new look. I think I am becoming frustrated and bored with my whole growing out process. At any rate, I had decided that I was going to get highlights. So, I did. My hair was still growing sorta uneven, and the hair underneath had not still cought up with the hair on top...so, I told her to cut it. The result is thikcer looking and definiely eveen hair. I like it. I was sorta bummed out because I didn't get that much growth from the last pix I posted which actually made it easier for me to get it cut. I guess my hair WAS like a good 2 1/2 to 3 inches longer than the last picture,but uneven. NOW, my hair is back up to bra-strap, if not a tad bit shorter, but even. Okay, that's it for now...I'm going to go and cry a bit.

-lee

Karonica

There, there. Evwy-ting ish gonna be otay!

*patting Leejure on the back very gently*

miss_brown

Girl you have beautifly hair. Those inches will be back in no time, and at least your hair will now grow out evenly

henrilou

Leejure, your hair is absolutely gorgeous. Where is the uneven-ness, because looking at the pics it seemed to be all-one-length b/s. Maybe as it grew longer it grew uneven, because your pics look great. I have issues with un-even hair also. I am not sure who I trust (basically nobody)so it's been in a bun all summer.

sweetcocoa

Girl I'm sure it's looking good. With your ends evened up I'm sure you'll have those inches back in no time...

leejure

Thanks Everyone. I feel sorta bummed out, but like I said, it was all for the good.

HENRILOU... I have always had a problem with my hair underneath growing slower than the hair on top. (CLARIFICATION)... If you were to part my hair from ear to ear, that section would be a good 3 to 4 inches shorter than the top half of my hair. So, what end-up happening is that the longer section starter really growing and the bottom section grew, but not fast enough and eventually, my hair started looking thin due to the "gap in length" (I hope that made sense.

I just think I am getting so bored with growing my hair, y'all. I mean for years I have been wearing myhair protected and it has done me good, but now, I am just tired of protecting. I think I am going to start wearing it out more (not straighten, but at the least curly) I don't know...I'm just really feeling funky about my hair right now.

-lee

NAY007

lee, girly,

you know what? i'm very bored with my hair right now too and i want a change. but before i go and cut it, and i'm talking short hair here like terry on soulfood, or do something crazy colorwise, i will get some cornrows. yup, that's what i decided on today. i haven't had any in quite a while, well about 3 months, so that will probably make me feel better. but i'm sure your hair is ON POINT!!! take some pics ok...

nay:)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
seems like at those times when I'm feeling bummed about my hair is right before a hair "break-through" and I realize that it was really way better than I perceived.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I'm sure it's still gorgeous even though it's only bs length.
My offer for us to trade heads is still on the table!

My "underneath" section grows slower than the rest of my hair, too.

Leigh

Aaw girl don't cry. I must admit I was a bit taken aback. I wish you could've held out a little longer. What's done is done and I'm sure it's gorgeous. Is it about the length of Charli's when she got it cut or is it longer? Like I said, I'm sure it's beautiful, plus it's even. And when you get a cut, it seems to boost the growth even if it's just for a month or so. At any rate, I'm sure it will be as long as it was before the cut in no time. And the exercise and vitamins won't hurt.

Leigh

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, that's it for now...I'm going to go and cry a bit.

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T U EVEN DARE THINK ABOUT CRYING GIRL
. & YES, I'M YELLING!!!

Your hair is abso - freakin' - lutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

I can not wait to see your new pics.... & if you're chosen for the "Aug feature", THAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER !!!!

inthepink

Leejure,

Your hair is so gorgeous! I am sure with the trim that after you get past the shock of it, you will love it! You'll have even hair that you wanted. So, don't see this as a setback. You did a lot of work obviously to get your hair to be so gorgeous! Don't give up. I don't think there's any harm in wanting to wear your hair down more...you can still avoid heat and just make sure to keep it moisturized. I think you'll be fine!

levette

lee, you know i am facing the same dilemma. parts of my hair underneath look really thin and broken off. it seems to be a syndrome last year as last may my stylist cut my hair to the length of the shorter hair. it has grown out considerably but i am wondering if i need to cut it again to make it even or just wait it out until it's longer. you are at brastrap which is hardly short. heck i am almost at bra-strap and i feel like i have masses of hair especially during this hot summer! it will grow back, don't worry girly!

whoa @hairlove,

look at all of that pretty thick hair. now you know that you gotta share your regime. from looking at your hair type are you sure that you are a 4a, you seem to be like a 3b, or 3c, oh well. welcome to the board

http://photos.yahoo.com/jahalia1

sweetcocoa

I totally understand about you getting bored. I think that is why I'm loving my hair since I started flat ironing and wearing it out...but I'm hoping I'll get the feeling back of wanting to protect my hardwork. I think we all just need a break sometimes... I know I do. The same goes when I exercise...

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
Aaw girl don't cry. I must admit I was a bit taken aback. I wish you could've held out a little longer. What's done is done and I'm sure it's gorgeous. Is it about the length of Charli's when she got it cut or is it longer? Like I said, I'm sure it's beautiful, plus it's even. And when you get a cut, it seems to boost the growth even if it's just for a month or so. At any rate, I'm sure it will be as long as it was before the cut in no time. And the exercise and vitamins won't hurt.

Leigh

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Leigh, it is about the same length as Charli's when she got hers cut. Just a bit above my bra-strap. You know how long it takes for me to get some inches. i mean, I am not lucky to get an inch a month, or half an inch for that matter. I have to work hard to save my inches, so to have over three inches cut off AGAIN...really ruffle my feathers. But I guess it is okay. (well is has to be at this point)

-lee

leejure

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T U EVEN DARE THINK ABOUT CRYING GIRL
. & YES, I'M YELLING!!!

Your hair is abso - freakin' - lutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

I can not wait to see your new pics.... & if you're chosen for the "Aug feature", THAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Peachtree. I would do No ONE any good as a feature, believe me. I am not feeling "featurous" at all
(yes i made that word up) I am really trying to get back into the hair swing of things. I know it will come back once I make some advancements.

-lee

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
Leejure,

Your hair is so gorgeous! I am sure with the trim that after you get past the shock of it, you will love it! You'll have even hair that you wanted. So, don't see this as a setback. You did a lot of work obviously to get your hair to be so gorgeous! Don't give up. I don't think there's any harm in wanting to wear your hair down more...you can still avoid heat and just make sure to keep it moisturized. I think you'll be fine!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you a lot. I think that is where I am now. I need to wear my hair down a little more. Mainly because I was/am a stickler when it comes to protecting my ends. I mean, I always wear my hair protected. ALWAYS. So I think what I need is a break. Still doing the good hair things, but just wearing it out more may be my solution (for now)

-lee

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
lee, you know i am facing the same dilemma. parts of my hair underneath look really thin and broken off. it seems to be a syndrome last year as last may my stylist cut my hair to the length of the shorter hair. it has grown out considerably but i am wondering if i need to cut it again to make it even or just wait it out until it's longer. you are at brastrap which is hardly short. heck i am almost at bra-strap and i feel like i have masses of hair especially during this hot summer! it will grow back, don't worry girly!

whoa @hairlove,

look at all of that pretty thick hair. now you know that you gotta share your regime. from looking at your hair type are you sure that you are a 4a, you seem to be like a 3b, or 3c, oh well. welcome to the board

http://photos.yahoo.com/jahalia1

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much. I hope it does grow back faster now that I "even-up". We shall see.

And yes, I too love hairlove's hair! I thought about it as mine fell to the floor!

-lee

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
I totally understand about you getting bored. I think that is why I'm loving my hair since I started flat ironing and wearing it out...but I'm hoping I'll get the feeling back of wanting to protect my hardwork. I think we all just need a break sometimes... I know I do. The same goes when I exercise...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I am hoping that the new color would make me feel different about my hair even when I have to start back protecting it. At least I have something different going on with it. But I am for sure going to start wearing it out more.

-lee

henrilou

Leejure. I COMPLETELY understand what you're talking about.My crown is definitely shorter than the back of my hair. On first glance it doesn't look choppy; but it is. And the ends look a little thin. I hate that. But I am going to think twice about cutting. My hair grows SO slowly...I don't think I would recover from it.