New Hairbuddy Hookup List-- Place your Ads Here

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
alona said:
I'm a newbie and hooking up with a hair buddie is a fantabulous idea!

My stats
*4a/b fine textured (at least it use to be), naturally dry
*relaxed
*length- barely collar bone
*Goal 1- Healthy hair
*Goal 2- just above or between shoulder blades by July '05
*Goal 3- bra strap
*Recovering pj, want to start using only natural products (could be home made)and have a maximum of 3.

No problem with growing my hair, but have a problem with keeping it (breaking off at about shoulder length)

would love regular hair challenges!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is fun!!! I love personal ads!

Alona! I love natural products and mixing them myself is so much fun
. I've happened upon wonderful natural products. It sounds like we're @ similar lengths, I'm approaching mid-shoulder blade, but my sides are just approaching collar bone. So if you'd like we can do this together

Mochalolita

Wow....this is kind of cool! I think I'm a newbie.....but here's my info anyway!

Hair Type: 3b-3c, and probably some 4 mixed in, lol
Relaxer: Motions Oil Mild every 8-12 weeks
Regimen: CO washes a few times a week, rollersets or bun drying, MSM powder daily, mulitvitamin

I have broken myself of being a PJ, now I stick with my tried and true products! I'm at bra-strap now, but I want to go as long as possible....Is there anyone out there for me?

Hugs,
Crys

KinksnCurlz

Hair type - 2B/C (my mother doesn't agree)
Relaxer - Affirm Sensitive No-Lye every 5 months
Regimen - Wash 'n Set weekly; CW every other day (sometimes daily).
Fav Prods - Aubrey Organics GPB, Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, Keracare Shampoo/Humecto/Silken Seal, lacio lacio, profective healthy ends/daily leave-in, tigi ego boost and surge woogie creme/plus 14.
Vitamins - Cod liver oil pills, One a Day Maximum, Echinachea Goldenseal

My goal length is below brastrap and I have about 50,000" to go
I currently wear my hair in a ponytail or bun and on weekends, I wear it out.

elite_chiq

My hair is: about 8 inches. 4a/b type. and a patch of 3c in the middle and back. Thick, full, hard to manage. Trying to make it to 18 inches. My first goal is 10.

caligirl2385

hello all. newbie here. got so excited about this thread that i went ahead a made an album.

type: 4a/b
current length/condition: neck, kind of thin, relaxed
1st goal: shoulder
ultimate goal: bra-strap

focus is on protective styling. currently in micros. when i take these out, i'm jumping on the bun challenge.
i've never had hair longer than my neck, so it'd be interesting to see if i can surpass it.

Falon, Wolftrap, SimplyCee, DSD -> what do u say??

keylargo

I need a hair buddy. Even though I've been around for a long time, I haven't had much luck with retaining length.

I only have myself to blame. Overuse of protein basically ate my hair up. I thought I had to keep using protein treatements and reconstructors until my breakage stopped. I've been at the same length for almost a year- neck length. Now that I"ve been concentrating on moisturizing conditioners with no protein, my hair has improved dramatically. Why did it take so long for me to get it

By the way, I'm 4a/b, fine textured, relaxed.

Leslie_C

awww, I hope Im not too late! Im a newbie and can use all the buddies I can get!
Im 4a/4b
shoulder length layered hair(not on purpose but thats how it grows!)
self proclaimed PJ(on probation)
want bra strap hair by the time I graduate my lpn program (september 2005)
on a weight loss mission as well...
on a hair roller coaster, lots of ups and downs
my regimen seems to change a lot, still finding the right fit...usually wash 1-2 times a week, co wash 1-2 times a week
usually sport braid outs and lately buns have grown on me...

help a sister out!

SoAnxious12

oh something i forgot to add, I'm on the forum pretty much everyday so you won't have a problem trying to reach me, if anyone wants to be my hairbuddy.

Tene

I want a hairbuddy, I'm a 4a I think or 4b. I co wash my hair almost everyday and use shampoo once a week. I also deep condtition once a week. I never use any heat on my hair except when I get my relaxer. I want my hair to be bra strap length and healthy, that's my goal. If not at least back to shoulder length like it used to be. The vitamins I use are in my siggy. The products I use are Suave naturals, Redken, Surge, Biolage, ORS, Lustrasilk, Nexxus, Profectiv, Bath and Body Works hair products, and hair products from the health store.

tane

I am a newbie looking for a hair buddy. I have 4a relaxed hair. My hair comes about 2.5 inches from my bra strap, my hair goal is about elbow length. I just started the air dry challenge to attain length.

ChoclatePrincess

I guess it would help if it would help if I put my info in:

Type: 4a/b thick
Relaxed - Revlon w/lye
Goal: bottom of bra strap/middle of my back
Routine: weekly wash, set and blow currently braided since June 12

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO LIKES LONG WALKS IN THE PARK....HAHAHA JUST KIDDING!

Queenie

I'm transitioning with 3-4 inches of relaxed hair left. My hair is thick and has a mind of it's own. It is hypersensitive to humidity. My hair grows pretty well. Before the transition, it was 3" past my shoulders. My goal is close to bra strap. I use Surge 2x/day.

My routine is in my profile. I am using Ion moisture shampoo & Nacidit olive oil shampoo. Ion Effective Care conditioner, BPT Honey & Almonds conditioner, Rysell Aloe Deep Conditioner Rinse, and CO washes with left over instant conditioners.

hair type- 4a/b not really very sure
hair length- layered bob with bangs (bottom of neck)
hair goal- bottom of bra strap
Last relaxer- TODAY 7/8 (tried to go 12 weeks but want to look good for a party this weekend)
current weekly regime- I co wash 2-3 times a week Shampoo once.
Not really into using too many different products I had bra strap hair 2 years ago until a SHS
had his way with me( I never realized that until I found LHCF, I hilighted my own hair and it looked great he was mad that I went and did something to my hair without letting him know and even more mad when other customers were asking him to do their hi-lites like mine only for me to say I did them myself and he "trimmed" 4 inches off) ANYWAY as I was saying im not really into too many different products I do use the surge 14 and wgo(been holding me down since high school)
Hopefully someone will want to be my hairbuddy

I forgot to say that I only apply heat when I go to the hairdresser(just the hooded dryer) and I wear my hair in a braid out 98% of the time.

Cinnabuns

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Fav Prods - Aubrey Organics GPB, Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, Keracare Shampoo/Humecto/Silken Seal, lacio lacio, profective healthy ends/daily leave-in, tigi ego boost and surge woogie creme/plus 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you and I have the same hair type C&H!
Wanna hook up

msprettyeyes

I really need a hair buddy!! I need someone to help me keep my sanity when I feel like I'm going to give up. Currently my hair is 10 inches on the side and 12 inches in the back. Maybe longer because it's perm time. I'm doing protective styles two month stretches at a time. I have 4a/b hair. PJ in reform. My goal is brastrap length (for now) which means I have 6 inches to go. Pleasssssssseeee I need a HAIR BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
caligirl2385 said:
hello all. newbie here. got so excited about this thread that i went ahead a made an album.

type: 4a/b
current length/condition: neck, kind of thin, relaxed
1st goal: shoulder
ultimate goal: bra-strap

focus is on protective styling. currently in micros. when i take these out, i'm jumping on the bun challenge.
i've never had hair longer than my neck, so it'd be interesting to see if i can surpass it.

Falon, Wolftrap, SimplyCee, DSD -> what do u say??

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course we can buddy up girl! PM me with your reg. I'll do the same.

NewlyNature12

This is cute...I want a hair buddy!

I'm 3c/4a relaxed, but currently thinking about transitioning because it's been 15 weeks without a relaxer and I'm lovin it. I'm almost 4 inches below shoulder and my goal is 2 inches below bra-strap. Anyways, someone take me in...I need a home!

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
OOOOO I'm a newbie and I want a hair buddy!!

I dont have a consistent routine, I wash and condition based on how it looks and feels. I've almost always done my own relaxers because the salon gets it too straight and causes breakage, and I only would relax it enough to get rid of the thickness to make it easier to manage. Currently I am relaxed/texturized but transistioning to natural hair. I plan to keep it in roller sets/roller wraps and ponytails/buns using satin scrunchies.

I am not sure of my hair type...3c maybe? Its somewhat fine in the back, coarser at the crown, and in between everywhere else. It grows out with a wavey/curly pattern and if I put some type of moisturizer or product on it to moisturize/coat it, it will usually maintain it as long as I dont comb it dry. Right now I cant tell my new growth apart from the relaxer except for thickness.

I have a problem with breakage at the crown/back mainly from not wearing protective styles or covering it while I sleep. I had lost interest in my hair for a while and just wasnt taking proper care of it. I just had a trim 2 weeks ago but there is still some damage left I need to get rid of.

I havent really focused on a hair goal beyond growing out my relaxer but I would love to get it to brastrap length.

I like natural or commercial products and right now have a huge interest in growth aids since I want to get my natural hair to a longer length as soon as possible. Currently I am using surge, and taking msm capsuls. I plan on switching to msm crystals and adding vitamin c and biotin this week. I also have some of the stinky products like sulfur 8 and glovers but I have only used them once.

I am a product junkie to the core, I will try any and everything, especially if it smells good. I try to curb it sometimes out of guilt but then my eyes fall on the next shiny new package and mysteriously it ends up in my cart. I am looking to pare down the products I use, but I just like to TRY everything.

House trained... free to a loving home...

...lol..I feel like one of those lil kittens folx try to give away for free....

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
Cinnabuns said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you and I have the same hair type C&H!
Wanna hook up

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeayyy
my first buddy.

mytia

SuperWoman!
I think that this is a wonderful idea! I want a hair buddy too!
Hair type: I'm a 4a/b
Hair length: 19in from my crown to back 3in. from brastrap
Relaxed: Switching from nolye relaxers to lye (Affirm)
Hairstyles: Bantu Knotouts, braidouts, buns, sometimes straight, and currently in braids.
Journey: My hair has improved tremendously since joining the forum. I went from dry, shedding hair to moisturized healthy growing hair over a course of 4 months. I started out with 17inches gained 4 and trimmed 2 so now i'm at 19inches (but I haven't measured lately and I have new growth so I'm a little further along). I have used no heat since I've been on the no heat challenge except for once and my hair is much healthier.
So anyone who's interested in being hair buddy's PM me!

pink_flower

[ QUOTE ]
flyjump00 said:
Pink-
I think we have similar hair too. Type 3 something.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA! we can be buddies!

pringe

I would like a hair buddy. Im new here. I've been natural for 2 years. My hair is a mix of 4a/b. I mostly do twists and braids. I have pencil curls that I haven't exactly found the right product for yet.

vickid

Hey Wanda! I'll be your hair buddy--that is as long as I have some hair left (ok bad joke!) Seriously, it's stopped falling out finally and beginning to grow back. Since I have been taking care of it and not coloring it to death, its healthy and shiny! It's too bad that I had to learn the hard way to really take care of my hair and stop taking it for granted. Holla at me!!!

KDD12

I am looking for a hair buddy as well:
Hair type 4a/b
transitioning to natural, currently in braids
surge 1x a day
last texturizer was 6/2
just want healthy natural hair and someone to keep me from perming my hair when I get frustrated