Newbie Introducing self

exoticmommie

Hello,
I am a newbie and wanted to introduce myself, before I started to respond to any posts. I have been lurking here for probably about 6 months total. I joined about a month ago and actually subscribed today. I must say that I really love this site. It has been such a great help for me and the health of my hair. I was turned on to hair care by doing blog designs for beauty bloggers. I was once one who (embarrassingly :wallbash:) thought you had to be mixed or one of your parents had to be mixed in order for you to have long hair. I was never one to assume that every black women with long hair had a weave, I just figured either one of their parents or grandparents or even great grandparents were non-black. But this site, the many fotki's and blogs I have seen have proven me wrong.

It was always so funny to me how when I had questions on black hair care, this forum would always be the first if not one of the top links to come up on google. So after that kept happening, I figured, shoot might as well put this in my beauty bookmark/favorites. So here I am. I hope to continue to learn, and grow not just long but healthy and beautiful hair.

Thanks ladies!

Adaoba2012

Welcome!!! Thats actually how i got on here myself (I'm still pretty new) but google just kept popping up and I've been hooked ever since! :lachen: HHG!!!

BrooklynSouth

Welcome aboard Exoticmommie, don't worry, many of us thought the same-mixed heritage was the way to be long haired-we now know better; it's care and health which keeps length. Enjoy.

exoticmommie

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies, and yes the ladies here are wonderful. I love all the support and help that I have seen given.

Tee

Welcome and congrats on the new baby!!!

ETA: You have some beautiful designs!

Last edited:

SEMO

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually think a lot of people found this site while searching for something else hair related using google (I know that's how I found this place). You won't be sorry you joined. ;)