Newbie Introduction and Thanks!

Breeze

Hi Ladies! I just wanted to say a quick hello, and a BIG thanks for having this site. I couldn't believe it when I stumbled across it! I felt so alone on my quest for long healthy hair! It is so wonderful to see that other women feel as I do.

Briefly, I'm a 39yr. old wife and mother of 3 boys (16, 13, and 11). I'd really let myself go over the years and felt like enough was enough! By faith, prayer, dedication, and the Grace of God I was able to lose 30lbs. (still have a ways to go!), and now I want my mane to match my renewed self-confidence. So, thanks again ladies, and I'll try not to be too much of a "newbie".

prettygirl

congrats on yourweight loss girl believe I have justjoined and the ladies here are wonderful stick around and your mane will match your frame

Breeze

Thanks ladies, I just noticed I didn't include my hair info. My hair is 4A at the crown, 3c at the perimeters. I haven't had a relaxer in a little over 2 years so I'm all natural. I've been reconsidering one, but since we moved from Chicago to Kansas City, I've been having a heck of a time finding a hairdresser, so I typically wash it, spray it with stay-soft-fro, and put it in a scrunchy. I know pitiful. It has grown since I went natural, but since I don't have a professional my styles are limited. My dream is to have it at the arm pits (which I was only able to attain during pregnancies, and since my youngest is 11 that tells you how long ago that was!). Right now (when wet) it touches th bone at the back of my neck. I'll try and measure it tomorrow...oh yeah...and then there's the gray that starting to pop in at the temples! Argh!

tekmommie

Hi

Welcome, you'll learn lots of stuff and meet some really nice people

By the way I have 3 boys also, 16, 14 and 10 (I also have an 8yr old girl)...I'm 39 also

See, we already have something, other than wanting long healthy hair, in common.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS~*~

Breeze

Yikes! You have your hands full too! That's so cool you have a little girl,
I chickened out after the 3rd boy.

sweetcocoa

Welcome Breeze! You are gonna have to post your regime for losing those 30 lbs in the Health and Fitness Discussion!

tekmommie

Trust me when I say "I WASNT TRYING TO HAVE HER!!!!!" Of course I wouldn't trade her for anything now!!!!!!

Yes, I do have my hands full also!

What a nice family you have. You guys look so happy...It's so neat to see familys together like this!

Okay that's it, in the next couple of days I'm posting family pics

Happy hair to you!

Breeze

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome Breeze! You are gonna have to post your regime for losing those 30 lbs in the Health and Fitness Discussion!

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetcocoa:
I sure will! Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me when I say "I WASNT TRYING TO HAVE HER!!!!!" Of course I wouldn't trade her for anything now!!!!!!

Yes, I do have my hands full also!

What a nice family you have. You guys look so happy...It's so neat to see familys together like this!

Okay that's it, in the next couple of days I'm posting family pics

Happy hair to you!

[/ QUOTE ]

tekmommie:
Girrrrrl, I hear ya on that! I haven't "tried" to have one yet! (lol). The are (usually) great, but they eat me out of house and home!

LondonDiva

Breeze welcome to the boards

Your wash, Spray and scrunchie routine doesn't sound pitiful at all. I actually wish I could use less products and fuss less with my hair, that's when you find it flourishes girl

Welcome Breeze,

I remember just reading about you in the Health and Fitness page.

Good to see you over on this page. There's tonnes of info hear to help look after your hair.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome Breeze,

I remember just reading about you in the Health and Fitness page.

Good to see you over on this page. There's tonnes of info hear to help look after your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Breeze,
A hardy big welcome to you! ...I'm looking forward to seeing your progress in this part of town...Health and Fitness huh...I've got to get out more often my youngest is 20 months old...30 lbs, you go girl.....

joyous

Welcome and you'll find plenty of support and information here. We're always here if you need us. I know how you feel about finding this site. I couldn't believe it either when I first came upon it. Girl you were meant to be here.

stevie511

Welcome Breeze. This is a great site. These ladies know their stuff. I see you moved from Chicago. That's where I'm from. We probably ran into each other at some point. (We're the same age, too.) Continue to strive toward your goals.

Breeze

Wow! What phenomanal women! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm just in awe...I just read the Feature of the Month (Outstanding Supergirl!!!), actually I read all of them
and Whoah, I know I'm in the right place! The pics in yall's sigs are so impressive too! This place has already been a Godsend 'cause I now know it can be done!

londondiva, thanks for telling me my regimine isn't completely insane (lol), I want to learn more about protective styles. brownrelaxedhair & dontspeakdefeat, your hair is georgous! (tried to check out the other sig pics, but couldn't get in). spagirl, congratulations on your new little blessing!
Thanks JenJen!, and Joyus, I think you're absolutely right! Hey stevie, another Windy City girl. I bet we have run into each other, I grew up on the south side (Avalon Park), and have lived all over the city over the years. I miss home, except for the winters, but the summers here are hot, hot hot!