Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm a young teenager trying to help my damaged hair grow. I'm trying to break away from relaxers so I've been wearing my hair in braids(with extentions)for a while to help the midsection and back of my hair grow out. My cousin is a member of the forum and I became really fascinated with how beautiful some of the ladies hair is without relaxers but naturally.So I got really interested in how I could get my hair to grow healthy,thick,and long. If you have any tips on how I should take care of my hair that would be really great:grin:. Thank you in advance ladies.:grin:

dlewis

Browse around and do some reading if you have any questions start a thread and someone will help.

Welcome!!!

CORBINS

Welcome! I'll piggy-back on Dlewis. Read through some forums, but most of all, get to know your hair and it's temperment. Find what works for your hair and stick with it. If your hair is thriving with a certain regimen, then stick to it!

Xavier

Welcome to the board!

Why don't you start by telling us what you day to day maintenance routine is for your hair? What products do you currently use?

Normally on the daily bases I have braids so I really don't do anything with my hair except wash it with the braids and when I do have my hair out after taking out my braids I use Silicon Mix to put in my hair and comb it out then wash it out,and wash my hair with Tui Herbal shampoo,and after that I use Generic reconstructing conditioner and leave it in for an hour and wash it out. After I wash it out I put oil in my hair and let it dry. And I just style it after wards.

Barbara

Princess
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm a young teenager trying to help my damaged hair grow. I'm trying to break away from relaxers so I've been wearing my hair in braids(with extentions)for a while to help the midsection and back of my hair grow out. My cousin is a member of the forum and I became really fascinated with how beautiful some of the ladies hair is without relaxers but naturally.So I got really interested in how I could get my hair to grow healthy,thick,and long. If you have any tips on how I should take care of my hair that would be really great:grin:. Thank you in advance ladies.:grin:

Glad to have you join us! :club:

RavenMaven

Welcome to the sisterhood! lol. I am a young teenager too. Feel free to add me as a friend lol, I know there aren't many of us on here.

mscocoface

Welcome aboard and enjoy your journey. Since you have someone already on the board you should check around in the fotki albums and blogs and see who has hair texture similar to yours and see what they have been using in order to get their hair healthy.

Remember if you have a question, we have an answer! :)