NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I used a combo of Burgundy brown and natural brown from Clairol. Nothing special. I'm still looking into henna/ indigo. I'm back to using my mixture, I really missed using it :)

That sounds pretty :yep:. I love my mixture now because I don't drip, drip any more and because I added a bit more Peppermint EO, the sulfur smell isn't as strong.

Onhergrind09

I'm still hearting my mixture. I more or less apply it daily or every other day. I also started taking Viviscal, Hopefully that means super growth especially since I'm not a big seafood person-so I'm hoping it will give me nutrients that I'm not otherwise getting.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I will apply my mix daily and CW every two days and see how it goes. Let's see if I get burnt out after doing this for 2 weeks.

DominicanBrazilian82

KiWiStyle said:
I will apply my mix daily and CW every two days and see how it goes. Let's see if I get burnt out after doing this for 2 weeks.

This is exactly what I'm doing. NJoy/MN/Water everyday for two weeks straight. So determined. Good luck pretty lady.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I am taking a 3 wk hiatus from the NJoy mix as I experiment with Keratin treatments.
I will resume my applications later this month or early November.

Dabaddest

This is my length after one month after using my sulfur mix. I don't have any pics before hand. I was about CBl. My hair was blow dried and braided in the pic still has some shrinkage but this will do.

Attachments

• image-2194957403.jpg
    image-2194957403.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 42

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I applied my mix again last night and will be CWing today and reapplying the mix tonight. At just under 9 weeks post, my NG is several weeks ahead of itself!! AND it's so soft!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Curious. How long does everyone's 8 oz mix last? And how often are you using it?

I can never answer this question because I don't really pay attention.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Curious. How long does everyone's 8 oz mix last? And how often are you using it?

I had to make another batch of my mix last week and I started when this challenge started so I'd say it lasted about the whole month. I was applying it about 4-5 times a week with my fingers.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Hairsnob said:
I had to make another batch of my mix last week and I started when this challenge started so I'd say it lasted about the whole month. I was applying it about 4-5 times a week with my fingers.

WOW, I still have half my mix left and I started at at the beginning of the challenge. I only applied twice a week in October and plan to apply at least 5-6 days a week.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
WOW, I still have half my mix left and I started at at the beginning of the challenge. I only applied twice a week in October and plan to apply at least 5-6 days a week.

That's probably about right if you say you only applied it twice a week and I did it about 4-5 times a week. I didn't realize it would only last a month either. Get to upping your applications girlie!!! :lol:

GROW! GROW! GROW!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Hairsnob said:
That's probably about right if you say you only applied it twice a week and I did it about 4-5 times a week. I didn't realize it would only last a month either. Get to upping your applications girlie!!! :lol:

GROW! GROW! GROW!

LOL, I am!! I think mine will last 2-3 months because I stopped being so heavy handed. That dripping oil thing is not cute, lol. I do plan to apply and massage daily, I added a few more drops of peppermint EO so I can tolerate the smell now. I then moisturized with my Coco Tree Detangling Ghee to mask any residual scent. I've got two inches to grow and retain by year's end.

xu93texas

I started around 8/27 and I still have a lot left. I'm applying 5-6 nights per week. I did take off a few days before I did a rinse. I think my mixture should last another 4-6 weeks. For me this works out to making a batch every 3 months. ( I have a TWA so it on goes on where it needs to without a lot of waste/excess product)

DominicanBrazilian82

I've been applying my mix every night since Sunday (with the intention to do it daily until next week Friday). NJoy I made a 4 oz mix (about 1/2 of the original recipe) and have only used 1 oz (4 applications). So this mix should last me a little over two weeks. If I made the full batch, it would last me about a month with nightly applications.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

freckledface

I've been applying ever night and am about to run out. I guess ill go ahead and relax in the next week or so before I start a new bottle. I'm kinda hook to this stuff.

KaramelDiva1978

I too was pretty heavy handed even though I applied every other day. However, I still have plenty because I purchased the Liquid Gold Sulphur oil thinking I would not be able to find all of the oils before challenge. I use them both interchangeably and now that I have realized the amount needed, I should have about 2 months worth left. A little really goes a long way, esp when you're massaging into the scalp. :yep:

Applying this morning and co-washing tonight after I workout. Grow baby grow!!:lol:

futureapl

I got a relaxer yesterday. I have good news and bad news. Bad news is my scalp began to burn within 5 minutes of application. Needless to say my hair isnt as straight as I'd like to be. The good news is that my hair has grown tremendously. I didnt even notice how much until yesterday because my hair is in a bun 99% of the time. I think this is going to be a staple.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I got a relaxer yesterday. I have good news and bad news. Bad news is my scalp began to burn within 5 minutes of application. Needless to say my hair isnt as straight as I'd like to be. The good news is that my hair has grown tremendously. I didnt even notice how much until yesterday because my hair is in a bun 99% of the time. I think this is going to be a staple.

Just thinking, i was texlaxing so, i wasn't leaving my relaxers for full time anyway. Maybe a good rule of thumb would be to clarify and condition and stop using the mix one week prior to a touch up. This will remove any build up from scalp and new growth and should allow for better processing. So glad to hear you got good results.

futureapl

Just thinking, i was texlaxing so, i wasn't leaving my relaxers for full time anyway. Maybe a good rule of thumb would be to clarify and condition and stop using the mix one week prior to a touch up. This will remove any build up from scalp and new growth and should allow for better processing. So glad to hear you got good results.
Thank you! I will definitely clarify next time.

KaramelDiva1978

Where are the pics??!! We wanna see.