No excuse to be late for church today

klb120475

since we gained an hour. Yet, here I am home, on the board...and guess what? I'm gonna be late for church. I can't stand being late for church.:wallbash:

I live with my God-mom....she doesn't have a vehicle. She left in my car over an hour and half ago to go to Walmart. She's not back yet.:perplexed

I missed intercessory prayer (that was at 9:30)...now Empowerment class is about to start.:wallbash:

Pastor gon be looking at me crazy..............:look:

PaperClip

At least you have a mind to go.... This is my second Sunday "skipping".... my excuse is that I'm studying, which I am.... However, I seem to be getting more and more jaded with church.... not just my church, just church in particular, which is CRAZY because I been going to church since I was a fetus.... esp. on Sunday morning....

I used to be excited about church but lately...esp. going to school all this time.... I guess what the old saints said is true: all that book learnin' will make you want to leave church, or something like that....

klb120475

At least you have a mind to go.... This is my second Sunday "skipping".... my excuse is that I'm studying, which I am.... However, I seem to be getting more and more jaded with church.... not just my church, just church in particular, which is CRAZY because I been going to church since I was a fetus.... esp. on Sunday morning....

I used to be excited about church but lately...esp. going to school all this time.... I guess what the old saints said is true: all that book learnin' will make you want to leave church, or something like that....

I can count on my hand the number of Sunday's I've missed in the last few years.

Funny thing is I can definitely relate to the bolded. As a matter of fact I just PM'd a fellow member about something similar a few days ago. Just so happened the pastor today preached on the bolded...that really blessed me. I weeped the whole service.

Do you feel like your hunger for God has decreased?

Nice & Wavy

I read this and can completely understand what you are saying. I believe the people of God are tired of the same ole thing....'sick and tired of being sick and tired'!!!

The first church had their share of this as well and I think that is what led to people going in another direction. I'm sure Apostle Paul and the other leaders of that day wondered what in the world was going on.

satan is a liar and he is the father of lies. If he can get us to not have that "fire" we once had with the Lord, he will do it and if he succeeds, he will try to take us out! The enemy comes only but to kill, steal and to destroy.

May we re-kindle the fire that was started in us and may we recognize what comes to distingish that fire and put a stop to it, in the Name of Jesus.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will begin to Fan the Flame that has been in us that we may ignite those areas of our soul that has been slowly going out and that those around us will experience the fire that is within us.

klb120475

I read this and can completely understand what you are saying. I believe the people of God are tired of the same ole thing....'sick and tired of being sick and tired'!!!

The first church had their share of this as well and I think that is what led to people going in another direction. I'm sure Apostle Paul and the other leaders of that day wondered what in the world was going on.

satan is a liar and he is the father of lies. If he can get us to not have that "fire" we once had with the Lord, he will do it and if he succeeds, he will try to take us out! The enemy comes only but to kill, steal and to destroy.

May we re-kindle the fire that was started in us and may we recognize what comes to distingish that fire and put a stop to it, in the Name of Jesus.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will begin to Fan the Flame that has been in us that we may ignite those areas of our soul that has been slowly going out and that those around us will experience the fire that is within us.

Thank you sooo much.:kiss:

PaperClip

I can count on my hand the number of Sunday's I've missed in the last few years.

Funny thing is I can definitely relate to the bolded. As a matter of fact I just PM'd a fellow member about something similar a few days ago. Just so happened the pastor today preached on the bolded...that really blessed me. I weeped the whole service.

Do you feel like your hunger for God has decreased?

No. I just want the "pure" presentation of the Lord.... the Truth... not "a" truth but "THE" truth.... Sometimes I feel like I've been duped by the human "churchiness"....