NO HEAT! How do you ladies function?

ChoclatePrincess

If I could commit a murder and get away with it...you'd be my first victim!

Falon

My new thing is those flexible perm rods. (Not sure if that is what they are called but I'm sure you hair junkies have seen them in the BSS) I use the small ones and sit under the dryer for 10 or 15 minutes then I go to bed. In the AM my hair is super curly I just loosen the curls with my fingers and bounce.

I think you are forced to use heat when you want that straight style, unless you have enough patience to air dry a rollerset and since I can't sleep with those bad boys in my hair it's pointless not to mention a rollerset would do nothing w/o me blowing out my almost 8weeks of new growth. (Got a mini-afro going on under all these curls)

I'm about to break out the phony pony and make myself a bun though. Just for a change of pace and to see if I can.

ChoclatePrincess

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:
My new thing is those flexible perm rods. (Not sure if that is what they are called but I'm sure you hair junkies have seen them in the BSS) I use the small ones and sit under the dryer for 10 or 15 minutes then I go to bed. In the AM my hair is super curly I just loosen the curls with my fingers and bounce.

I think you are forced to use heat when you want that straight style, unless you have enough patience to air dry a rollerset and since I can't sleep with those bad boys in my hair it's pointless not to mention a rollerset would do nothing w/o me blowing out my almost 8weeks of new growth. (Got a mini-afro going on under all these curls)

I'm about to break out the phony pony and make myself a bun though. Just for a change of pace and to see if I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the truth, I am forced to use heat cause 99.9% of the time I want my hair straight. I'm very good at styling my hair but I've gotten lazy. I've had one relaxer this year already so maybe if I cut out the heat for "a while" my hair will grow longer than my previous max!