Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

Aggie

This morning I prepooed with an avj/pracaxi/pumpkin seed oil combo for 20 minutes ,then Moroccan Natural Oil Weightless Shampoo followed by 15 minutes of Keracare Super Reconstructor and 10 minutes if Keracare 5 in 1 Reconstructor.

My leave in will be Redken Antyis Snap Leave in. I have a combination of butters that I will be using to seal my hair with later.

It's time to restart the use of my hairdrenalin potion and inversions this weekend. I'll be adding some MN to it as well.

Aggie

I cowashed my hair this morning with Aussie Moist Conditioner before heading out to church.

After church I moisturized my hair with Oyin Hair Dew sealed with a combination of ceramide butters, massaged some hairdrenalin potion on my scalp and inverted for 5 minutes. Now my hair is nice and super soft.

Alta Angel

I feel like I have been natural forever, but have made little progress as far as length and hair hang time. My hair measures about 15 inches in the back, 14 on the sides and top. My hair grows at about 1/2 inch per month, so my hair should be much longer. No matter what, my hair shrinks to neck length. I may need to participate in some "Luscious Ends" challenges or something. I have been at this too long to still be at this length...

13177709_10154083311665675_5885729527128716882_n.jpg

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
It's been awhile since I read this thread, so I decided to come in and say hi. I'm not sure if I count as super long. My hair is past bra strap length and, if I tip my head back, my bottom layer touches my waist when stretched. My goal is to have my whole length of hair at wast length when stretched and shoulder length when curly. I kept my hair in two cornrows for most of the summer and just realized I have been doing it wrong for years! I always wondered why my cornrows looked messy, so I started watching other people do it on youtube. I realized that other people always add hair to the back of the strands as they go, and I add it to the front. Now, I need to figure out how to re-train my hands...

LovelyNaps26

got my hair professionally straightened for the first time in a LONG time.

my back story: when I joined the forum I was just at shoulder length and I had been natural for 5 years. my hair was stuck. protective styling, moisturizing my ends, only detangling when damp and conditioned all helped to reduce breakage. I've tried msm, megatek, fish oil...but stopped all that before I reached bra strap. low maintenance was key...just had to be patient.

on saturday my hair was blown out. the stylist (a young blonde white girl who totally surprised me with her skill with natural hair) was gentle and took 2 hours to carefully blow out my hair and detangling with a wide toothed comb. she then flat ironed using the comb chase method. she trimmed and showed me how much she would trim before cutting.

here are some pics of my hair over the years. i attached protective styles i've worn as well.

oh, my hair type is 4 (a/b mix)

2016-06-20 08.30.03.jpg

circa 2007
2016-06-20 08.31.44.jpg

2010 twists.jpg

2010progress (1).jpg

Pics from this Past Weekend, June 2016

2016-06-20 07.57.40.jpg 2016-06-20 08.25.54.jpg

2016-06-20 08.27.08.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1505 (1).JPG
    100_1505 (1).JPG
    64 KB · Views: 96
  • bi3tq8-1.jpg
    bi3tq8-1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Aggie

Okay tonight I did a 5 minute massage and inversion session but no oil was used. I was too lazy to apply the oil tonight.

Day 6 complete

Aggie

Today I exfoliated my scalp with Nioxin Scalp Renew

Shampooed with Redken Time Rest Shampoo (this shampoo has exfoliating properties in it) I felt a really good tingle on my scalp with these first two products.

I used semi permanent color in black for gray hair for the first time. I will see how well this works.

I will be oil rinsing with a coconut oil/aloe vera juice combo.

Deep conditioning with Hea Moisture Anti Breakage Strengthening Masque followed with Kerastase Chroma Riche Masque for moisture.

Leave in - Aunt Jackie's Quench

Moisturizing with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter gel and sealing with some natural butter/oil combo.

Aggie

Prepooing with Aloe Vera Juice/WGO/Biolage Conditioning Balm Combo.
Shampooing with Macadamia Natural Oil Weightless Moisture Shampoo
Deep Conditioning with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Protein and Moisture Conditioners.
Leave in - Naturelle Grow Soft & Silky Leave-in conditioner.

Sealing with CRN Coconut Water Style Setter/Hemp Oil Combo (I whipped these two together and added some glycerin and it is perfect for my hair now). Before, it was just too thick. The Style Setter is probably not going on my repurchase list because it didn't wow me, well not yet anyway.

Goombay_Summer

I'm in total shock that five years has passed since I've posted anything in this thread (see posts # 463 and 473). I've had so many setbacks as a result of having my hair professionally straightened and trimmed which explains why I'm finally just achieving HL status.

Yesterday I did a bootleg steam treatment using CON professional moisture extreme conditioner, followed by a semi-length check on natural hair, and M&S with Kimmaytube leave-in cuz I don't have time for 50-11 steps.