Nu Expressions

candibaby

Have any of you ladies ever tried a relaxer by Nu Expressions? I just got back from observing my now *new* stylist, and she was telling me about it (it's lye).. and she uses it on my sister's hair, it got my sisters hair nice and straight but not TOO straight.. so she was saying how she thinks that would be better for my hair than the Design Essentials that I had been getting (she said that's a "hard" perm.. and doesnt think I should use it because I'm color treated [even though its not permanent])

Here's the website: http://www.bronnerbros.com/Products/nuexpressions.html

CheerBear

Never heard of it..but you could always watch and see how your sis' hair turns out after a couple weeks or you could do a strand test

candibaby

I already know it works pretty good on my sister's hair, because she's had her hair relaxed with it before. She got it done at 12 weeks post.. and her hair wasnt super nappy or anything.

cutebajangirl

My friend used and it was a hard relaxer, it is very strong. My friends hair broke off alot right after using it. She had a history of excellent hair care too. Maybe your sister got lucky with it but I wouldn't try it especially with you having color.

candibaby

I think the hardness of the relaxer had something to do with your friend's stylist. Felicia (my stylist) told me that the stylist can formulate it to be milder by adding some kind of stuff to it... it probably is hard if you dont add the things you're supposed to add to it. Thank you for your input.