NYC girls! how was the meet up today?

As you know I couldn't make it (I'm actually typing my messages today from a Starbucks in Charlotte North Carolina lol!!! see how dedicated I am? or is that addicted? anyway I digress).....

Let us know how it went!! And we have to do another one!

Talk to me women!!!!

Paris Belle

Hello BRH!

We missed you today! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ennyaa, Daviine, Pumpkin and myself met today at BBQ's. Daviine's adorable son joined us. /images/graemlins/grin.gif We had a great time, if I say so myself, and look forward to doing it again with as many of the NYC girls as possible. Of course we talked about hair care etc.

Because Ennyaa is planning to relocate to Atlanta in Marcha, we plan (that is Ennyaa, Daviine, and myself) to do another one in February. Hope to see you there!

Kitkat

Thanks for that post, BRH; I was wondering how too it went today. Glad you guys had a good time CarmenRose. Must have been great to put faces to the screen names. Dang, it was cold today, wasn't it?!!

Please keep me posted about February, guys.

Leshia

That sounds SO fun! So, of course you guys would consider meeting in Atlanta when I just left that area in October... /images/graemlins/cry3.gif The people in D.C. will have to meet up this summer as I *may* be there, Lord willing.. /images/graemlins/angel.gif

daviine

We had a good time. My son was an unexpected guest at the luncheon...but he managed not to embarass me too much.

We discussed hair, cost of living, music, ummmmm...... I don't know.

The best part of it was that we laughed a lot and we could talk freely about hair without feeeling obsessed.

We certainly missed you but there will definitely be a NEXT time. And I plan on taking the train next time so I can get my drink on..... /images/graemlins/guiness.gif

KitKat.....what did you end up doing for your birthday? /images/graemlins/birthday2.gif

daviine

Actually, I believe Pumpkin and CarmenRose made arrangements to swap products while they were talking today.

At the next one, I hope to do some product swapping like we had originally planned.

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
daviine said:
And I plan on taking the train next time so I can get my drink on..... /images/graemlins/guiness.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*LAUGHING* Hey wait, I thought you guys met for lunch??

H

HoneyRockette

Aww man! I missed it! Well I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. I actually just got home from work not too long ago. Stupid job! /images/graemlins/swearing.gif Well at least you guys had fun. I will try to make the next one. I have about a month off in the summer. Maybe we can meet then?

NAY007

i think it is soo great that you guys meet. i wish i could have been there too. if everything will go right my hubby and i will be in d.c. in summer.

Kitkat

Daviine, thanks for asking! My boyfriend took me to brunch, treated me a spa massage (a stone massage, which was absolutely fantastic!), then we went to dinner in the evening. It was a lovely day except that it was so /images/graemlins/censored.gif cold!!

It sounds like everyone had a great time. Isn't it nice when women can get together and just let our hair down? /images/graemlins/rofl.gif Yes, next time take the train so you can get your drink on!!

daviine

Oh my goodness...what a great birthday and boyfriend. Did you go to a spa or did he do it himslef...please tell becasue I've been meaning to treat myself to a spa treatment for a while now.

Kitkat

I went to a spa in Brooklyn. A stone massage is great. They use warm smooth stones instead of their hands, and it's so relaxing that you can easily fall asleep. That's the only thing I've ever had at a spa. Not that I'm a spa expert. I've only gone twice. Definitely a treat!!

Ennyaa

Hey y'all just checkin in to say I had a great time and I hope next time more folks can join us. Oh and Daviine are you suuuuure you don't wanna bring my new boyfriend next time? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LondonDiva

That's really great that you ladies managed to meet up. if there's enough london ladies maybe we should consider doing the same somewhere down the line in the future.

Leshia

NAY007 said:
i think it is soo great that you guys meet. i wish i could have been there too. if everything will go right my hubby and i will be in d.c. in summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay, what for? I keep saying the same thing myself regarding my situation.

Tracy

Girls,

My sincerest apologies to all for not getting to you all and not giving anyone a heads up. My best friend was admitted into the hospital on Friday night and when I found out very early Saturday morning I threw on some clothes and went right to the hospital. I didn't have time to alert anyone that I wouldn't be able to make it (I honestly didn't even think of it until I knew she was ok and I had already stayed with her all day). I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. My best friend is ok - but I realized after that I didn't even get to let any of you know..../images/graemlins/spank.gif I feel very badly. And quite inconsiderate! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Many many apologies. I'm sorry I missed you all but I'd love an invite to the next get together...

daviine

That's okay Tracy. I knew it had to be something major becasue that just didn't sound like something you would do.

Your presence was truly missed but I am glad that your friend is okay. She is very fortunate to have a friend like you.

Until the next time....... /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Integrity

LondonDiva said:
That's really great that you ladies managed to meet up. if there's enough london ladies maybe we should consider doing the same somewhere down the line in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree LD! There are at least 7 active UK members here and 4 or so with links in London. Summer will be a great season. I must remember to keep the UK girls in my address book function...

Tracy

Whew... /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Thank you for understanding Daviine. You are right - that's not like me at all and I felt terrible. I'm glad to not be exiled. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Next time I'll definitely be there..I was so looking forward to it, but my best friend is like my sister and she has pnuemonia. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I just forgot everything and ran to the hospital.

NayNay

Sorry I missed everyone and I am GLAD u had a nice time! We will have to hook up in February prior to Enyaa leaving. I will email my schedule out EARLY! SMILE
Tracy I hope your best friend is okay!!!!