Nylon Baggie Method

punchinella

This came about by accident:
I washed my hair and had pulled it into a ponytail to make a bun. I braided the ponytail, but the wet bun looked a little skimpy so I decided I would put on a donut. The donut I have is not covered and I did not want it to "scratch" up my wet hair so I put a knee-hi over the braid to slide the donut up the braid. I was planning to slide the knee hi off but just decided to leave it on and tuck the covered braid under the donut and put on one of those bun covers. Since the donut was black and the knee-hi and bun cover was black you couldn't see that my hair was not wrapped around the donut.
Well when I took the donut off that nite my braid was still very moist, not dripping wet but definitely not dry. I think I like this better than the plastic bag. I never thought that the stocking would hold that much moisture. Plus knee hi's come in so many colors to match different color hair.
This is my new baggie method.

MissFallon

Ive been doing this for about 8 months with a stocking silk sock. It has really helped me retain length. I cant do the regular baggie method this is what I use instead. I just put my hair in a bun though and the put the stocking on top and put a phony pony on.

punchinella

MissFallon said:
Ive been doing this for about 8 months with a stocking silk sock. It has really helped me retain length. I cant do the regular baggie method this is what I use instead. I just put my hair in a bun though and the put the stocking on top and put a phony pony on.

I'm going to try it with my phoney pony next time

punchinella

sassyhair said:
what is a donut cover?

Some of the donuts come with synthetic hair or some kind of fabric covering, but the one I have is just mesh. Its a little rough to me. I am thinking of getting a small amount of fake hair or black silk fabric and covering it.