OFFICIAL APL CHALLENGE UPDATES

MzOptimistic

I'm trying to make it to Apl by April 08. Did you all set a date and is it too late to join?

Girllllllll, this challenge is so old, it's a shame:lachen: We just continue to update our progress in this thread. Some ladies who have not met their goals of APL, go on to join newer and more recent APL challenges but they still update in this thread:yep: I'm not going to tell you no it's too late, you are very much welcome to come aboard with us:grin:

senimoni

Okay, I know right. I think this may be the last challenge for me. :yep: I have been doing it since 12/05 and it has definitely helped me but I'm tired of just keeping it pinned up all the time.:look:

Quoting just so you can't edit and take it back.

MonaLisa

Okay, I know right. I think this may be the last challenge for me. :yep: I have been doing it since 12/05 and it has definitely helped me but I'm tired of just keeping it pinned up all the time.:look:

Girl, u so made me laugh just now.

1) yes, you are right, you should listen to when your growth and what your hair is telling you rather than go by a timeline...I would hate for you to mess up any progress with our hair....I mean yours...

2) and it's so funny....I adopted the Sylver method since April...and I actually saw real progress wearing my hair out and down...it'll be covered for the cold NYC months...but as soon as spring hits...it will be back out.:yep:

MzOptimistic

Girl, u so made me laugh just now.

1) yes, you are right, you should listen to when your growth and what your hair is telling you rather than go by a timeline...I would hate for you to mess up any progress with our hair....I mean yours...

2) and it's so funny....I adopted the Sylver method since April...and I actually saw real progress wearing my hair out and down...it'll be covered for the cold NYC months...but as soon as spring hits...it will be back out.:yep:

lol @ first comment. Did you experience growth with Sylver Method. Maybe I will giveSylver's method a try after this year and see what happens. I too would keep my hair covered in the winter and then wear it out in the spring/summer. Your hair is looking nice also. You're APL now on to bs. Some ladies say APL was hard to get...**** that BS is a b!sch:wallbash:

KathyMay

I don’t know if I am officially on this challenge, I didn’t subscribe to this thread but I am waiting to claim APL January 2008, it seems like I have 5 inches to BSL???

Hi ladies, I dont know whether I updated earlier in this thread but I made APL!!!! (finally) I am really working on full APL but I guess that will come in time :spinning.

NEXT STOP BSL!!!!

MonaLisa

lol @ first comment. Did you experience growth with Sylver Method. Maybe I will giveSylver's method a try after this year and see what happens. I too would keep my hair covered in the winter and then wear it out in the spring/summer. Your hair is looking nice also. You're APL now on to bs. Some ladies say APL was hard to get...**** that BS is a b!sch:wallbash:

Yup...:yep:

I went wigless, rocked the braidout from April until now, kept it simple and I still saw results (as in September camera pic).

So winter comes, same theory, just with a wig... :lol:

It took me 4.374 years to get to the armpit neighborhood... if I ever got to the clasp area...that would be gravy with a cherry on top...

I'm giving myself to December '08 to get into that neighborhood...if I don't make it, there's always '09.:look: Will keep you up to date on the pain staking growing with my quarterly crappy camera pic:grin:

I'm figuring you'll be in that neighborhood soon though!:yep:

shynessqueen

I made it to APL YaY. But can't play with it or show it because I'm in the HYH until X-mas and Hard C & G challenge for a year.

MzOptimistic

True...true.

Senimoni, I am tired though. I think next year, I may start a rollersetting challenge, incorporating Sylver's and Machierar (sp) methods. ( BOTH of them have hair past their bra)There hair is growing beautifully and they don't keep their hair pinned up all the time. I mean I'll pin it up sometimes but for the most part, I want to start doing roller sets and continue to stretch my relaxers to grow my hair.

MzOptimistic

Yup...:yep:

I went wigless, rocked the braidout from April until now, kept it simple and I still saw results (as in September camera pic).

So winter comes, same theory, just with a wig... :lol:

It took me 4.374 years to get to the armpit neighborhood... if I ever got to the clasp area...that would be gravy with a cherry on top...

I'm giving myself to December '08 to get into that neighborhood...if I don't make it, there's always '09.:look: Will keep you up to date on the pain staking growing with my quarterly crappy camera pic:grin:

I'm figuring you'll be in that neighborhood soon though!:yep:

Okay, next year I'm on Sylver's method with you but I'm going to incorporate Machierer (sp) roller setting methods also. I need to buy another dig cam by December. My oldest daughter lost my dizam cam:wallbash:

senimoni

Senimoni, I am tired though. I think next year, I may start a rollersetting challenge, incorporating Sylver's and Machierar (sp) methods. ( BOTH of them have hair past their bra)There hair is growing beautifully and they don't keep their hair pinned up all the time. I mean I'll pin it up sometimes but for the most part, I want to start doing roller sets and continue to stretch my relaxers to grow my hair.

Now that I could get down with. I may even invest in a Pibb. I need to do something with the frizz though....my hair won't last but maybe 2 days before it starts to crinkle and lose all bounce...hopefully rollersetting will help with that. I need to hit MBL next year and call it a day...or maybe elbow length..if there is such a thing, not sure where that falls..maybe waist. I'm rambling...

eta: I'm ordering the CD this weekend.

PuffyBrown

signing up for this challenge

were there any rules posted, not baggying, and I need a cool dryer at least once a week. Other than that Im all set....:nono:

MonaLisa

Okay, next year I'm on Sylver's method with you but I'm going to incorporate Machierer (sp) roller setting methods also. I need to buy another dig cam by December. My oldest daughter lost my dizam cam:wallbash:

*ooh...sowry about the camera chica :ohwell:*
*at least u had one...:sad:*

:lol:

Okay....I got the wig for the cold months.....should have my hooded dryer by the beginning of '08....rollersetting during the fake spring in new york, then back to braidouts/rollersets for the summer and fall, then back to the wig to ride out 2008....

You should be approaching midback, if not already there....I'm hoping to get near the bra clasp by Dec. '08.

MonaLisa

Now that I could get down with. I may even invest in a Pibb. I need to do something with the frizz though....my hair won't last but maybe 2 days before it starts to crinkle and lose all bounce...hopefully rollersetting will help with that. I need to hit MBL next year and call it a day...or maybe elbow length..if there is such a thing, not sure where that falls..maybe waist. I'm rambling...

eta: I'm ordering the CD this weekend.

I'm watching your hair Seni..... :sekret:

I'd be soooo happy to have your crackish hair growing type...:yep:

@ nicki - hang in there girlie :hug2: ....it's gonna work itself out....

LadyZ

I am trying to get my sides to APL.... It is a struggle though... I may make it in a couple of months... I am not giving up....