Hide Your Hair Til Christmas 2007 Challenge

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I'm ready for this to be over too lol! I think the buns I've been wearing are becoming damaging for my hair. I actually had to give myself a trim a few weeks ago. I'll still reveal for x-mas though:perplexed

Proudpiscean

I'm still going strong. I plan to reveal a few days after christmas, then I'll go back into hiding until Memorial Day weekend...or maybe Fourth of July! :spinning:

Healthb4Length

Ok I'm so confused...I taught the reveal date was 12/15/07? I'm I getting my challenges mixed up:spinning:? I even set my appointment to get my hair "did" for the big reveal and also because I set up an appointment for my full head weave around that date as well. Help me out here:drunk:...when's the reveal date?

RosesBlack

Ok I'm so confused...I taught the reveal date was 12/15/07? I'm I getting my challenges mixed up:spinning:? I even set my appointment to get my hair "did" for the big reveal and also because I set up an appointment for my full head weave around that date as well. Help me out here:drunk:...when's the reveal date?

Maybe save your pics for the reveal date if that one isn't it? I might do that I have a party to go to and am going to get my hair did for it then back to buns until I get my Braids by Breslin dvd so I can do something else with the fluff.

Healthb4Length

Maybe save your pics for the reveal date if that one isn't it? I might do that I have a party to go to and am going to get my hair did for it then back to buns until I get my Braids by Breslin dvd so I can do something else with the fluff.

You're right, I'll probably save pics and then get my weave cause in all honesty I hate doing my hair in the winter. I like having it up under a weave or braids or something.

kbody4

I failed this go round too, but I will still post update pics. I'm currently 7 weeks post and just trimmed off 3 inches again. Another setback :ohwell:

Gryphyn

I've worn my hair out a handful of times as well, but I'm still mostly bunning. My hair is the healthiest that it's ever been. I gave myself a trim a few weeks ago, and I had the fewest split and thinning ends I've had since I went natural. This is working so well for me, and my hair is slowly creeping past collarbone length.:bouncy:

hothair

Still going strong:grin: I've been a various full weaves for yonkers but I'm thinking of taking the weave out to texlax ...

charmtreese

My hair has been in hiding the whole time. Im getting my TU on 12/20, so I will take pic's then and save them until the 25th! :yep:

Healthb4Length

Maybe when the next challenge rolls around there should be more passes for wearing the hair out. I think that's wear most people including myself are going wrong. I just have to let it all hang out sometimes:grin:! Maybe, for the next challenge is it possible to set the rules like allowed to wear hair out twice a month?:look:

Glitter

I'm still on this one -- amazingly!!! Although, I have to admit, what I consider "hiding my hair" is getting whacker by the day.

For example, I braided my hair last night. I woke up this morning, saw the braids were a hot mess and decided to undo the braids and wear my braid out in a high ponytail. Hey, my ends aren't touching my clothing!!

I really, really think I made shoulder length! I'm getting a TU on 12/16. I'm going to bun straight until 2/14...I'm debating going until Memorial Day with this!!!

MzOptimistic

Omg, I apologize for being mia. I'm looking at all the questions that are being asked a MONTH ago:wallbash: and I feel really really bad. I'm soooo sorry ladies and I'm sure Rabia is too. The reveal is usually XMAS eve at 11:59 A.M. but we did move it up a day early last year. So I think our reveal will be December 23rd at 11:59 A.M. The reveal was moved up because ppl had things to do, which is understandable.

MzOptimistic

Maybe when the next challenge rolls around there should be more passes for wearing the hair out. I think that's wear most people including myself are going wrong. I just have to let it all hang out sometimes:grin:! Maybe, for the next challenge is it possible to set the rules like allowed to wear hair out twice a month?:look:

Twice a month every month is not a good thing after all this is a HYH challenge:yep: Nice try Alli:catfight::lachen:(((hugs)))

hadhari

I'm still hangin in there too. This is my first challenge on LHCF and I'm really trying to follow the "honor system". I am getting so sick of wearing my hair in buns and clips though! I have worn it down about a handful of times just to feel it swing. :busted:I've been wearing it curly often since I'm not wearing it out anyway so I'm anxious for the reveal to see how much length I added!

SexySin985

Almost there ladies.......... It's been a long wait and we still have a few more weeks to go:yawn:

I haven't even revealed yet but I think i am slightly bummed about all the progress you guys are making and mines is gonna look like crap compared to you all:look:

Anancy

Im still in, i think i let my hair out twice. I don't think i have great comparison pics though.

Next time around, i'll be more organised.

The only part that I am a little concerned about it my ends. I'm in Baghdad right now, so I can't exactly go to a shop to get a trim. My hair is at a weird length and it is a little more difficult to trim than it normally would be. Not that I am complaining about the length:grin:, but maybe it will be easier when it gets longer..... I might have to jump on another challenge.:drunk:

missnurselady

Well I relaxed today and unfortunately I didnt reach my goal of APL:sad:, but I have gained some inches so Im happy with that:yep: hopefully I will gain a few more inches by my birthday in March and be able to finally claim APL!!!

hothair

Well took my hair out and straightened it:look: not sure if I posted here already- anyways its definitely grown -definitely not long- but its grown and i've got a mini puff, but my front hair needs work (it is the slowest growing plus it's in recovery from some ghana braids from last year)- have put it back in plaits and rocking hair in instant weaves (I look good too:grin:) *Vanity thy name is hothair*:lachen:

Last edited:

scarcity21

Well took my hair out and straightened it:look: not sure if I posted here already- anyways its definitely grown -definitely not long- but its grown and i've got a mini puff, but my front hair needs work (it is the slowest growing plus it's in recovery from some ghana braids from last year)- have put it back in plaits and rocking hair in instant weaves (I look good too:grin:) *Vanity thy name is hothair*:lachen:
hey HH did u forget the other thread....a lot of ladies are waiting for that half weave pic u promised:yep:

kweenameena

Ummm...I probably won't be revealing at the end of this month unless I reveal my progress from July to tomorrow. I'm getting some braids and I'm trying to get my money's worth out of those bad boys. I have to keep it braided or weaved up or else I'll relax because I still haven't figured out my natural hair!:wallbash:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I will post my final update pics to my Fotki on the 20th. I don't plan on relaxing just yet to I will flat iron. Then I'll probably get some kinky twists done for the rest of the winter.

ETA: i take it back...it'll be "creamy crack" time very soon!

Last edited:

RubyWoo

I'm soo glad this challenge is nearly over. It went by soo slowly. I'm looking forward to revealing/posting my pics. I've successfully hidden my hair since July and I think I hit my goal. After my trim I'll be able to tell. I do plan to post pics before and after my trim just to show my progress over the past few months. I plan to reveal on either the 24th or the 25th.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I can't wait for the reveal too! I got my hair done today, a fresh relaxer, blow-out and trim. I'm sad that I lost lenght, I would have been BSL:ohwell: but at the same time I happy I let those raggedy ends go...the looked tow up! I'm now again at APL, its frustrating and it seems like getting past APL is my biggest hurdle. I'm happy with the way my hair looks though, it's shiny and has alot of bounce and movement. I also love the way my ends look and feel, nice and healthy.

br0wney3z

I'll be posting both here and in my album sometime next week. I actually won't be relaxing, but I am going to the dominican salon this weekend (in columbus at that) to get a blow out. My hair has definately grown (not that much though) but it is so much healthier so I am extra excited for you all to see my progress