Hide Your Hair Til Christmas 2007 Challenge

The Savvy Sistah

I want in!!!.

I started hiding hiding my hair when I started the Adopt a Newbie Challenge.(July) I've since changed my regimen and goals a little.

The last time I showed my hair was to take the picture in my siggy. (I wanted to see how far I was from APL)

Now I'm hiding it again until the first week in December.

Goal: APL
Using my wig regimen to hid my hair.

*KP*

I saw this thread some months ago but didn't think I was ready to hide my hair. Right now I have a sew in with no hair out and I just to try to keep it moisturized etc etc. I still don't think I can hide my hair for too long, I just like to see my hair and comb it - LOL

But in order to meet my BSL goal by end of 2008 (maybe a bit ambitious, but we shall see) I need to stop stressing my hair out by combing it all the time!! After I remove the sew in, I will DC for a couple of weeks then braid it so hoping not to relax again until early 2008, maybe even later....
I'm a newbie so I'm still picking up more things as I go along.

I have recently overcome my addiction to scissors!! The longest my hair has been is APL and the shortest is around jaw length, after a much needed trim recently I am now shoulder length and starting with a clean slate.

So I guess you could say I'm part of the challenge, just a late joiner. My profile pic was taken a few weeks ago and I will update my progress with the rest of you when the challenge ends.

Thanks for all the inspiration girls!!

growingbrown

Hi Ladies!!!

I've been missing in action for the past couple of months. It's so hard working, planning a wedding, and trying to apply to grad school all at the same time.

Anyway I'm glad to see that this challenge is still alive and happening. I'm still hiding, except for 1 pass taken this weekend. I did trim my hair on Saturday (my sister did it). I took off about 1-1.5 inches to get rid of the stringy ends. I think I will still show progress when the challenge ends.

How's everyone doing??

Hello Ladies

I am still hiding. I will probably reveal around my birthday in december. I hope to be at the top of my bra strap by then. Hang in there ladies...

Healthb4Length

I'm hiding under a bun....I feel like a librarian:perplexed, I can't wait till I get my weave and toss my "hair" around like I ain't got no sense:lachen:

Creatividual

Hi Ladies!!!

I've been missing in action for the past couple of months. It's so hard working, planning a wedding, and trying to apply to grad school all at the same time.

Anyway I'm glad to see that this challenge is still alive and happening. I'm still hiding, except for 1 pass taken this weekend. I did trim my hair on Saturday (my sister did it). I took off about 1-1.5 inches to get rid of the stringy ends. I think I will still show progress when the challenge ends.

How's everyone doing??

I'm hangin tight! I am going to use one of my passes for my birthday which is the 27th of October and then it's back to my usual up-do's till the reveal. I'm loving this challenge. My hair accessory game has mos def stepped up!

jtsupanova

Supa dupa late but I'm in I will wear my hair in briads, weaves and buns. I will use a pass for my birthday Dec 8 when I relax , rest my hair in buns then get it braided again. I will contuine hiding my hair until june when I graduate.

Glitter

Hi gang --

You know, when I first started I had no idea how I was going to wear my hair up for so many months. Now, I can't imagine wearing my hair down! I am not sure if I will reveal in December or continue to bun until my birthday in April for a SUPAAAA fly reveal. On the random 'bad day' (once a month maybe?), I will wear my hair in a high ponytail...in my mind, this is okay because it keeps my ends off my collar and clothing so I can finally hit shoulder length.

So how has my progress been? My goal for the challenge was to hit SL and I did that late August! However, I got a much needed trim a few weeks ago so I'm currently above SL again. I'm hoping to be an inch below SL by New Years.

RabiaElaine

I'm hangin tight! I am going to use one of my passes for my birthday which is the 27th of October and then it's back to my usual up-do's till the reveal. I'm loving this challenge. My hair accessory game has mos def stepped up!

Please take pics and share your accessories...I need some :)

SunnyDelight

I am hanging in there too and must admit, I love hidding it. Accessories are a godsend. I've gottn into the Flexi 8's and hairsticks for buns.

Guyaneek

I know its late but I really need to be down. I have been bunning it for months so I haven't skipped a beat yet. I barely wear it down. I took my bun down last night to play with my hair a little and found that I am back at APL! Wippeeee!!!! I don't know what my exact goal is by Christmas but I want some substantial growth:grin:

wheezy807

Hang in there ladies!!! I remember last year when i had to watch from the sidelines, if feels sooo good to be a participant!

jeanne516

BUMP!!!

Hey, i would like to join this challenge!!!
This is my first HYH challenge, n i'm currently wearing a partial weave...my hair is an unhealthy BSL, so my goal is to be past BSL, and when i get my tri, i will be at a healthy BSL length...

As u can see in the pic, that is the length of my hair...i took that pic mid-august, and i had about 2.5 inches of newgrowth (not straightened)...

Attachments

• almostbrastrap.jpg
    almostbrastrap.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 10

youwillrise

ahhh.
hiding my hair is my favorite.

i hope everyone's doing well
and enjoying the challenge!

i'm on my own low manipulation and baggy challenges
so, hopefully those will help yield results for THIS!

i did join the apl in 2008 challenge
as i'm not so sure i'll make apl by christmas 2007
but i do want to be CLOSE enough by that time.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
:grin:I'm still standing strong too! I did use all of my cheats though...my bad!:look:I'll guess it's half wigs from here on out if I want to wear my hair out, but that's fine w/ me!:yep:

I wanna post updates SOO bad though! I just bought a new camera too:wallbash:

Avyn

I'm still in. I'm still under this wig, and I'm still stretching (since April). I have about 4 inches of unstretched newgrowth so far. I really really want to start a growth spurt. It seems like my hair is growing so slow. I'm off to buy a new camera so I can post some b4 and after pics. i'll be in this until my birthday on Dec. 29th. I'm still trying to decide whether to keep on stretching and blow it out or to go ahead and relax it. I'm toying with the idea of ditching the perm and going for a pressing regimine ....decisions decisions decisions.:perplexed

ladybug71

Sorry I'm late also. I would like to join too. I just got a chop last touch-up because my ends were so dry and see-through. I realized I had been slacking on the protective styling all summer and my hair suffered. It's certainly not the length it is in my avie anymore :( I took some pics yesterday to compare to X-Mas. GL all!

Last edited:

Mama Cita

I am so on it. My goal is to retain at least 3 inches of new growth. I am 100% natural so I will do my best to keep accurate track. I will take a before picture when I get home.

Healthb4Length

I cheated a little...my bad. I've been wearing twistouts and braidouts for the past 2 weeks. I got so bored with the gelled back buns and phony ponies...sometimes a sista just want to let it all hang out and enjoy her big hair:grin:. Ok, I'll be back to bunning as soon as I wash this week, I'm broke so I can't afford a good weave like I usually get to help during hard times.

hothair

I'm going strong:grin: Been weaving it up the past month+ got some good length, staying weaved up till Dec..:yep:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
:bump:

Quick question...when is the actual reveal? Is it really Christmas? I'm only asking because it's really busy around the holidays. I know I won't be able to take pics that day and post them. I may not even be on the computer for a few days after. Could I reveal a little earlier?

kweenameena

I've done the kinky twists...I have micros (I know they are horrible, I so regret getting them) I'm not sure what to get next. I want to still be able to workout.
Maybe silky dreads or a weave? Ideas please!

My friggin hair just grows so slow!:wallbash:

RosesBlack

Good lord are we done yet? :grin:

I am SO over wearing buns right now.

I'm using a pass on 12-21 for the office party I think.

Man I wish I could braid it would have made this challenge SO much easier.

Glitter

So if we're doing another HYH challenge that continues along with this one (I really want to hide until April Fools or at least until Valentine's day), do we still post pics for X-mas? Just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

LovelyZ

I fell way off the wagon. I failed this challenge miserably. I have been wearing my hair out for weeks!!! Sorry guys. :nono: But I won't reveal pics on the board until X-mas. I don't think I will be doing any protective styling or HYH challenges in the near future.