OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

you ladies look good. i pretty much wear full wigs but am noticing my edges thinning a bit. The half wig is probably a good option to give my hairline a break. did not think of that until i read this thread, so thank you all!

It took 2 days but I have read this whole entire thread! :grin::grin::grin:

My concern with half wigs is breaking. I don't want to leave any hair out so I opted for the half wigs that match my natural hair and then just wear headbands to cover the front of the wig. I have a ton of lace front wigs that I love but I really want to give my hairline some breathing room. Right now I own a half wig called Kelly and she is very very BIG but I love her and she matches my natural hair perfectly. I do leave a little hair out to blend her though and I pull it back to make a little hump in the front. Natural ladies that I love big natural hair check her out! I am rocking her right here

I am now ordering the following:
Outre Quick Weave Tammy
Freetress Full Samara Girl
Outre Quick Weave Monica
Outre Quick Weave Amber
Outre Quick Weave Izzie

This is it for me for the rest of the summer and fall. I want to give my hairline a rest from my lacefronts, which I have ample amounts and about 7 that I haven't even opened yet so I believe that I am done with hair for the yr...lol yeah right! Who knows by the time that I go to hit order I will have probably changed my mind again... and has anyone noticed that because these wigs are so cheap you buy more of them and the price adds up quickly?!? This is still the cost of about 2 lacefronts, actually the half wigs are much cheaper than 2 lacefronts but still lol I got to 70 something dollars quick lol

I plan on wearing half wigs consistently until December probably when I have my reveal. This way since I'm SL I can have hair out without worrying about the whole brushing up on clothes thing.

My question is for those that wear half wigs, If I have a cornrow across the front of my head and at the back for the wig comb to go through my hair should still be fine right?

I plan on wearing half wigs consistently until December probably when I have my reveal. This way since I'm SL I can have hair out without worrying about the whole brushing up on clothes thing.

My question is for those that wear half wigs, If I have a cornrow across the front of my head and at the back for the wig comb to go through my hair should still be fine right?

Yes I would also reccomend using oil sheen on the combs to prevent breakage

That will also hold your wig in place better.

Hey gals, I posted this in the Exchange Forum but I figured I'd post it here as well, for all you half-wig lovers :)

original post:

This is Sensationnel HZ-7062 (Color 4). She's realllllllllllly beautiful and long, and I thought I could blend the color to my darker hair, but it just doesnt work.
-Shipping is not a problem for me at all, so don't worry about it.

-I paid $17.99 for her, I'll let you have it for $10. I only wore it once to try it on.

Paypal only please. PM me!

(these pics are not of the color i have)

I love this wig!!!! Its gorgeous and glam!

7062_M.jpg

7062_04_L.jpg

7062_05_L.jpg

7062_06.jpg

I tried to get a number 4 too barbie.. I ended up throwing it out, but I was going to buy the one you put up..but wasn't sure how it would look.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! The hair gods have sent me the right guidance, I am transitioning with half wigs as my PS and Ive been having some off ones.. I would normally buy Freetress and theyre 4/30 is usually tooo light for me and the 4/27 is too dark Outre 4/27 was suuuuper dark and I am thinking thats why me ad polly dont get along. Well today I finally got Tammy and Ashley by Outre from hair sisters.com and ITS MUYYYY PERFECTO!!! I really like Freetress b/c I can go from a 1/2 wig to Ponytail with one piece but Outre's color is on point :(!! I have 3 fresstress half wigs I will just rock till they're done for the sake of not wasting $$

Anyways pics are attached please keep in mind these are just me trying them on so dont laugh and my blending ok :blush:

Attachments

• IMG01878-20100826-2021.jpg
    IMG01878-20100826-2021.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG01891-20100826-2034.jpg
    IMG01891-20100826-2034.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 94
I love halfwigs! I have a couple and they are so comfortable and convenient. lol. I'm almost all natural tho now and trying to cut back on heat so I've been intensely researching textured wigs, trying to figure out which ones I want to get. The front of my hair is straight up 4b.

I also saw a youtube tutorial on making your own half wig, and it looks like its not that hard. So I'm going to give it a shot with some of the kinky curly textured wefted hair. I'm really torn on which one to get tho. I have some Halley's Curl natural at home I ordered on a whim one day thats just been sitting at my house, but I got the 10inch and i think its gonna be too short for making a half wig. So right now I'm looking at getting Haley's Curl natural in a longer length or the kinky curly afro from real hair exclusive.

Hi yall I have two half wigs that I have finally been able to use pretty good. I do have some questions (sorry in advance if this has already been answered)

1. When I try to use hair pins on the sides to pull the half wig closer to my temple it begins to feel very sore. What are yall doing or do you just deal with that sore feeling?

2. when I remove my half wig I feel like a lot of tension is being placed on my head from the comb attachment. I'm worried that this might be damaging to my hair and I dont want it to be weak. Has anyone else experienced this? what are you doing to avoid this?

I cut out all the combs in my half wigs, I use bobby pins to hold it down. I noticed that my bobby pins only bother me if they are not stretched before I put them in.

You know how new bobby pins are tight and barely open, I stretch them open good then put them in kinda slanted/at a angle.

I hope I am making sense bklynLadee.

Can't let this thread die, I read all of it and learned a lot so.....BUMP!

Ladies who are still wearing half wigs, how is your retention progress underneath? I think this is going to be my fall/winter style.

I'm currently waiting on Tammy and Yasmine from hairsisters.com. I am also trying to make my own wig but I made the cap too small so I've got to get one of those adjustable caps:ohwell:

I'm currently waiting on Tammy and Yasmine from hairsisters.com. I am also trying to make my own wig but I made the cap too small so I've got to get one of those adjustable caps:ohwell:

What did you use for the cap?

You have to make sure you put it on a mannequin head when you aren't wearing it because it will shirink and lose its form.

Is anyone currently wearing short wigs? I'm interested in trying one but I have a big head and when I've tried on short hair before it looked pretty plain on me...

Yea I did use the mannequin but I think my hair was super flat or something when I first measured the cap and then cut it..

Is anyone currently wearing short wigs? I'm interested in trying one but I have a big head and when I've tried on short hair before it looked pretty plain on me...

Miss C,
I wear the Janet collection Mommy wig and Sensationnel AO15 sometimes. I also have Freetress Hilson, but I don't wear it much. I posted pics somewhere in the first few pages of this thread.

Back