Official Herbal Thread Participants List

*Muffin*

As some of you may know from reading the "Does Fenugreek Strengthen Your Hair?" thread, due to the fact that quality information about herbs are in such high demand Aggie and I are planning on making an informative herbal thread, and we need help in doing it. Here are the particulars:

1. You can choose as many herbs to research at one time as you'd like. Just don't bite off more than you can chew ;).
  2. When you've chosen the herb(s) that you would like to research, let us know in this thread and we will add your name to the participants list along with the herb(s) you are choosing to research. No two people can research the same herb.
  3. After you have finished researching the information on the herb(s), hold on to it. Either Aggie or I will let you know when we plan on creating the herbal thread, and when we do post your information in that thread.
  4. You can contribute research toward this thread as many times as you'd like, within the guidelines set out here.
  5. When it comes to your research, some helpful facts to know would be the physical characteristics of the herb, potential allergic reactions, what benefit does the herb supply to hair and overall health and well-being, What other herbs enhance or negate the affects of this herb, what forms does the herb come in, which parts can be utilized, etc...

*I will try to update the list once daily. If after a couple of days you still do not see your name in the participants list, please PM me or Aggie :).*
Current Researchers:

Aggie: Saw Palmetto, Green tea, Aloe Vera, Licorice, White Willow Bark
*Muffin*: Brahmi, Amla, Shikakai
FlowinLocks: Nettle, Horsetail, Hibiscus, Lavender, Chamomile, Bhringraj
Sunbubbles: Marshmallow Root, Rooibos Tea
Aspire: Kalpi Tone, Neem
Itown: Rosemary, Burdock Root
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll: Fenugreek, Arnica
Zora: Coltsfoot, Carrot Seet, Gotu Kola
vkb247: Catnip, Henna
laprima: Parsley

Last edited:

Aspire

Oooh. I was going to post here, but I see I am already in - and my questions were answered. Thanks Ladies. This is an awesome idea.

*Muffin*

Me, me. I'll do coltsfoot, carrot seed and gotu kola.

Ok. I'll put you down for these. I must admit, I had to do research because I remember reading that Gotu Kola and Brahmi are the same, but after doing some research, I found out that this is a misconception due to the fact that they share one similar common name (brahmi), whereas their scientific names and other common names are different. I learn something new everyday ;).

Last edited:

Aggie

Checking in ladies....hope all is going well with the researches. I am really excited about this effort.

*Muffin*

Oops...It seems like I put both Flowinlocks and Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll down for horsetail and nettle. So which one of you ladies wants to give them up, lol? Maybe Flowinlocks can do horsetail and Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll can do nettles, or vice versa.

Last edited:

flowinlocks

Oops...It seems like I put both Flowinlocks and Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll down for horsetail and nettle. So which one of you ladies wants to give them up, lol? Maybe Flowinlocks can do horsetail and Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll can do nettles, or vice versa.

We already spoke, I think she is looking into something else. It's ok if if I need to give them up, but I'm actually done with the reseach on my herbs. I just need to know when to start posting and I will combine and compact the info I have.:yep:

*Muffin*

We already spoke, I think she is looking into something else. It's ok if if I need to give them up, but I'm actually done with the reseach on my herbs. I just need to know when to start posting and I will combine and compact the info I have.:yep:

Ok, just so long as you ladies are working it out. Let me know when you've reached a decision as to who's posting what so I can make the list more accurate. I'm going to contact Aggie as soon as I can about making the actual herbal thread so that you guys can start posting your research.

Muffin, how do you want us to post the information?

We're going to make a thread so you ladies can post the results of your research. I would like it to resemble this thread on herbs: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10900. What do you ladies think?

vkb247

I finished summarizing the ayurveda thread. I would be interested in doing catnip and henna too if no one has dibs!

flowinlocks

*Muffin*;933633 We're going to make a thread so you ladies can post the results of your research. I would like it to resemble this thread on herbs: [URL said:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10900[/URL]. What do you ladies think?

I give it 2 thumbs up!

flowinlocks

Ok, just so long as you ladies are working it out. Let me know when you've reached a decision as to who's posting what so I can make the list more accurate. I'm going to contact Aggie as soon as I can about making the actual herbal thread so that you guys can start posting your research.

I just pmed her to see what she's decided.:yep:

Ltown

Greyland

We're going to make a thread so you ladies can post the results of your research. I would like it to resemble this thread on herbs: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10900. What do you ladies think?
Great idea. Have anyone check with Allandra on making a sticky since she controls this area?

sunbubbles

That thread on LHC looks awesome! I like how she has the links to where the herb info is in the thread, imbedded in the FIRST post. Since we'll probably all be adding info at different times. Thats good so that ppl dont have to scan through 50 pgs just to get to the info on the particular herb that they want. :yep:

ETA: Muffin will u add me down to research Rooibos Tea as well.......... since Im sippin on some right now... LOL

Aggie

Muffin I really would like a separate thread for the herbal recipes. I was thinking about creating a thread for the herbal facts first and put the link to that thread inside the first post of the herbal recipes thread.

What do ladies think? Please share your thoughts.

Aggie

Great idea. Have anyone check with Allandra on making a sticky since she controls this area?

That is a good idea ltown but I think that maybe we should have the actual threads created for the herbs first, then go from there. For now we are simply compiling participants who want to help with the researches.

I would like if we could get the main herbal thread stickied for sure:up::yep:.

*Muffin*

Here's a list of Herbs that Aggie posted in the "Fenugreek" thread (thanks Aggie ;)). Some of them are already taken (they are listed in the first post), so be careful which ones you choose. I'll add more to the list when I find some more herbal names:

stinging nettles (leaves and roots)
parsley
aloe vera
arnica
burdock root
catmint
chamomile
birch
marigold
horsetail (shavegrass)
rosemary
sage
bay leaves
basil leaves
thyme
yucca
pygeum bark powder
arnica
southernwood
bhringraj
mulberries
fenugreek seed
aritha
kalpi tone (optional)
tulsi
neem
henna leaf
orange leaf powder
hibiscus flower
lavender flower

Aggie

Muffin please add aloe vera, licorice, and white willow bark to my list and I'll update on any others later.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Muffin I really would like a separate thread for the herbal recipes. I was thinking about creating a thread for the herbal facts first and put the link to that thread inside the first post of the herbal recipes thread.

What do ladies think? Please share your thoughts.
I'm good with that, I'll have to separate my receipes. So we'll post the herbal facts here then there will be a receipe thread?

*Muffin*

Hello ladies. Aggie and I haven't forgotten about you, lol. We've been really busy lately, but we wanted to let you guys know that we're planning on making the herbal thread sometime mid-December to early January. So hopefully some more researchers come during that time. Aggie is also planning a recipe thread, I believe, so that's going to be exciting :grin:.