OH NO, OH NO, OH NO!!!

OH NO, OH NO, OH NO!!! BC WITH PICS!

I just BC'd and I hate it :nono:
God, I look terrible, I was trying to fix myself with earrings and make-up but I look hideous...

I don't know what to do.
I don't even want to share pics...It is horrendous.

ETA:

Thank you ladies so much for the encouragement, you are truly amazing and I appreciate everyone of you.
I guess I just have to put on my big girl panties and make the best out of it.
I guess I'm still in shock. I was planning on going for a second year but then my mother actually talked my into a BC.
Transitioning is deceiving and I actually thought my texture was different and my new growth was longer...anyway, here goes:

Last edited:

MissYocairis

Miss Norway! Judging from your siggy it looks like a BC for you is only like 2 or 3 inches. How much did you cut off?

ETA: your siggy looks like most of your hair was already grown out natural....more than your relaxed ends.

msa

I'm sure it's not as horrible as you think, it's just completely different than what you're used to. Just put your hair in a bun (or a wig or something) so you don't have to see it and reassess later. It's just the shock talking.

Congrats on your BC!

ajoyfuljoy

It might really be the shock dear. Maybe it will take you a couple of weeks to get used to it?

Looks like you had a lot of hair and a BC was more of a trim.

Congrats to you for transitioning so long

Miss Norway! Judging from your siggy it looks like a BC for you is only like 2 or 3 inches. How much did you cut off?

ETA: your siggy looks like most of your hair was already grown out natural....more than your relaxed ends.

I wish, It was A LOT more some places just an inch and other 6".
My texture just spiraled up so it ended looking waaaaaay shorter than it really is. Crap, I should had waited.

Saida

I am sure it looks good, your hair is SL even after a BC so you could put it in a bun or something, it's probably just the shock from seeing your hair All natural :)

were all here for you, and I would love to see pics, im sure you look great :giveheart:

SignatureBeauty

Shrinkage will get you, but you didn't have much to chop off so it can't be that Bad. Did it shrink up? You had the weight of the relaxed hair that was stretching it, Let us see a picture, I am sure it still looks beautiful.

glamazon386

That's shrinkage for you. Maybe you can do a twist out or something? I'm sure it's not that bad. I got a weave the day after I bced though. I wasn't comfortable wearing it out for a long time.

I'm going to woman up and take some pics and I'll post it here...but I really do not like it at all....

I have MAJOR shrinkage so I ended up with a TWA...
Thank you ladies, you're the best.

flowinlocks

It's probably not that bad, you just gotta get use to it, you're a beautiful lady I'm sure you'll come up with a way to pull it off. If you didn't cut it too short, you can slick it back & wear a phony pony.Or maybe if it's too short to put in a pony try spiking it up a bit in the front to give it some height, or try rhinestone barrettes to hold the sides behind your ears. I'm sure you look fine.:yep:

gymfreak336

If you really really really think it is too short, try blowing it out slightly to give you more length. I am positive it doesn't look as bad as you think it does though.

ajacks

It's just the inital shock. Give it some time and I'm sure you will figure out styles that you like.

Anancy

Awww im sure you look fine. Trust me im sure it looks better than when u had straggly relaxed bits dangling off your gorgeous thick natural hair.

What you need to do, is tell yourself you did the best thing for your hair, and just enjoy experimenting with different styles.
Pretty it up with some colourful silky scarves, or bun it up if you want to hide it for a while.

Sure looking forward to seeing pics.....if you post them :)

hurricane

It is probobly not as bad as you think. If it is absoulutely bothering you buy a nice wig until you get some growth and then go to braids. I cut my hair a year ago before I found out about this forum. I wish that I had done the b/c.

kandake

ITA with everyone else. I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think. I can't wait to see the pics.

You're married right? What did DH say?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I was just admiring your avatar. I really hope the shock wears off quickly. I can't wait to see your pics!

glam-

It's always a big shock when you lose that hair. And then there's shrinkage- but it's never as bad as it initially seems. I am sure it looks fine. Cheer up and if you need to, cover it up, or even rollerset or do a braidout to cut some of the shrinkage.

Joyful1

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I'm sure it looks great. Try twisting it when your hair is dry so it will show it's length.

Sugar Brown

I think you're having texture shock. I felt the same shock when I relaxed for the first time. :yep:

Try to breathe. Give it a few days and spend some time learning how to style your natural hair. If you decide you really do hate your hair, you do have some options.

ajacks

Wow, your texture is beautiful!!! And you still have a lot of hair to work with. Give it a few days :yep:

Anancy

Wow, your texture is beautiful!!! And you still have a lot of hair to work with. Give it a few days :yep:

Yep most definately, it looks great and you look beautiful. Adorn it with a nice scarve, put on some fly earings and you're good to go.

ETA: Your eyelashes look wicked.