OH NO SHE DIDN'T

CocoaCure

Re: OH NO SHE DIDN\'T

DiamondLady, I had this hairsylist tell me a few months ago that one "trick" he learned while working in his first shop was to always keep empty containers of various relaxers out so everyone could see them. Why??? So that when customers come in and want Mizani, or Affirm or Dudley or whatever, you can say, "Oh yeah, we carry it, no problem" and then go in the back and mix up a $2 Bantu relaxer and do their hair with that!!!!! I was outraged! Then he had the nerve to say, "I could have done that today, but no, you were nice to come back to me". I told him, well that trick couldn't be pulled on me because I'm looking for the box and the special seal that covers ALL Affirm products! If I don't see you pulling tht seal back, I'm ghost!!!! Needless to say, my trust level hasn't been to high since then and I haven't and won't be going back!! They have lots of tricks they play on us! We just don't know the half!

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
If you want to really hear a horror story. . . One of the reasons why I stopped going to the beauty salon years ago.

I had a friend who was a secretary going to beauty school. She told me the things she was taught in beauty school. She called them "tricks" and she said she would never stoop so low.

1. Talk people into to the shortest hair possible, that way you can do their hair quicker and get on the next customer.

2. Talk people into lighter colors because then they will need a retouch on color more often.

Well, about a year later when she quit her secretary job and had to depend on the salon for a living, I was there one day when a client came in with long beautiful hair and she told her, "Child, you have just got to trim this hair, your ends are splitting and you're gonna have so much breakage" The lady let her trim her hair, she cut it really short and this lady was so mad, said her husband was going to kill her. She told her, "Aw girl it will grow back, but in the mean time I can put a little weave in while it's growing, and your husband will never know" When the lady agreed, my friend looked at me and had the nerve to wink. She then proceed to put in $150 worth of weave.

I told her, you cut that lady's hair so you could sell her weave!!! How could you do that?? Her answer was "Oh, I don't know her, it's not like you, I'm not a friend of hers".

Needless to say, that was the end of our friendship also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my gosh!! That is ridiculous!! How can people stoop so low?! I have another reason to continue to do my own hair.

GodMadeMePretty

As I sat here reading this and saw someone mention going to a man, I thought, yeah, if I decide to continue to relax, I'm going to find me a man too. They always did my hair so well - no problems. But I can't believe that they use the empty container trick. I have had no one do that to me, thank goodness.

Awwwwww, maaaaaaaaaan, we really do need some LHCF members to be stylists EVERYWHERE. Anybody with me? And, er um, we need this to be by next June/July which is when my next scheduled relaxer is to be if I don't transition. Hehe.

caramelbarbie

Man sorry to hear what happened to you. If you do trust your hair to another stylist make sure its with someone who has a long hair too. This is what really made me feel more comfortable with my styist. Plus she white ....so long hair isn't such a big deal to here its a natural thing.
I'm really sorry

localhost

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaCure said:
DiamondLady, I had this hairsylist tell me a few months ago that one "trick" he learned while working in his first shop was to always keep empty containers of various relaxers out so everyone could see them. Why??? So that when customers come in and want Mizani, or Affirm or Dudley or whatever, you can say, "Oh yeah, we carry it, no problem" and then go in the back and mix up a $2 Bantu relaxer and do their hair with that!!!!! I was outraged! Then he had the nerve to say, "I could have done that today, but no, you were nice to come back to me". I told him, well that trick couldn't be pulled on me because I'm looking for the box and the special seal that covers ALL Affirm products! If I don't see you pulling tht seal back, I'm ghost!!!! Needless to say, my trust level hasn't been to high since then and I haven't and won't be going back!! They have lots of tricks they play on us! We just don't know the half!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's DIRTY

Chichi

I am sorry to hear what happened to you diamondlady. I agree with the lady that said that some female stylists are haters.

I once had a stylist say "you have nice hair," right before my touchup then proceed to slather relaxer down almost the whole length of my hair and edges
. She then left it on forever until I reminded her that I was burning. Never again. Then after she finished rinsing, my hair still smelled like relaxer. Overprocessing is one of the worst things that a stylist can do to your hair; it almost destroys all of your hard work. Thankfully my hair survived but it just goes to show you...

Chichi

A_Christian

I'm sorry you had to have a scissor-happy stylist episode Diamondlady, most of us have been there. My policy is once someone cuts instead of trims they will no longer be receiving my business. Fortunately with prayer and all of the advice here at the forum you will gain that length back in no time. If it makes you feel any better think back before you discovered the forum, if you were like me you probably thought it takes our hair forever to grow, but with msm, drinking more water, and all of the tips we get here you will gain that length back quick, fast, and in a hurry. Time and again I wonder why these stylists don't realize that they will loose tons of business by ignoring customer's wishes particularly in regard to cutting our hair.

CocoaCure

But you know, we really can't hate on all women stylists because the one who told me his dirty trick was a MAN!! But I have to admit, my very very best experience with a stylist was a guy named Carl in Baton Rouge, LA on University Blvd! And he was a 4B, with long almost bra strap (if he had one) length, blunt cut, not a split end in sight, beautiful hair!!! When I was going to him my hair looked model perfect EVERYDAY!! And I wore it out a lot! He was truly awesome! I think that's the main thing..........what does their hair look like??? If their own hair is jacked up (male or female) then it's likely they'll jack up ours too!!

diamondlady

Thanks to all of you. There are people on the forum who understand. The people at work are like "What's the big deal? You lost a couple of inches of hair, it'll grow back."

Another trick she told me about, it's not so bad, is to never let anyone know what you're using on their hair. Pour the products in bottles with no labels. This way if they like what the product does they have to come to you, cause they don't know what you used.

carmella25

HOW DARE SHE. I HATE THOSE TYPES OF STYLIST WHO THINK THAT CAN TRIM YOU HAIR OFF.

SHE PROBABLY DOESNT WANT YOU TO MAKE YOUR GOAL.

BeautyOfTruth

I'm sorry this happened, honey!

Alright
That's it!!! I am creating a new law.
Any "so-called" stylist who "trims" too much hair(and what constitutes "too much" is ANYTHING MORE THAN YOU ASK!!) will be found in violation, and will HAVE ALL OF THEIR SHEARS AND SCISSORS REVOKED IMMEDIATELY! And if they EVER attempt to cut hair again, they get a
and all of THEIR HAIR SHAVED.

This is why I trim my own hair. ALWAYS.

Again, I'm sorry diamondlady!

Babs77

I know how you feel. I have , no had, a scissor happy hairdresser who would trim an inch every time I got a relaxer. My hair never seemed to grow. I am not letting her near my hair again. You should tell that hairdresser why you will not be seeing her again.

diamondlady

I getting more and more upset as I try some of the protective styles I did before my last relaxer and I don't have quite enough hair for them to look neat. Stray hairs are sticking out and coming out of the buns.

I just lost 3 months (and more) growth for nothing. I've been trying to look on the bright side and say to myself, "Hey, you don't have any ragged ends. All your hair is healthy" IT AIN'T WORKING!!!

And stylist have the nerve to wonder why people do their own hair. Why their businesses don't proper.

I'm not trusting anyone else on my head ever again!!!

biyanna

Diamondlady you're feeling victimized right now and you should because you trusted this woman with something precious to you and she betrayed you by being so reckless. Quite a few ladies have paid dearly financially, emotionally and with the length and strength of their hair to learn a simple lesson..."no one cares about your hair more than you". I absolutely refused to sit 3 to 4 hours and pay out the nose for this kind of abuse. And this is abuse. She courted you, waited until your guard was down and then victimized you. I wouldn't take abuse from a man, I'm sure not going to pay a woman for it either. Grandma always said "anything worth having is worth working for". Chile, do your own hair from now on. And don't even worry about her. There's something down the road just for her.