Oil rinsers: What oil and condish combos are ya'll using?

sareca

I've varied mine a bit over the last few months but I keep coming back to a mixture of 1 part castor to 3 parts sesame seed oil that I "rinse" with Redken butter treatment.

The sesame oil absorbs well and leaves my hair feeling soft and looking shiny. The castor oil enlongates the curls and helps seal in all that buttery moisture from the Butter Treatment.

ETA: If you have a pic of your favorite combo in action... post away.

What's your favorite oil/condish combo(s) for oil rinsing?

Last edited:

Irresistible

I could do any combo and be happy

but I havent been doing the oil rinsing anymore, I leave it in cant bare to waste my precious coconut oil, or any oil

now its oil/conditioner leave it in/rinse later

sareca

now its oil/conditioner leave it in/rinse later

Yea, I do that too sometimes too. It's still oil rinsing. Sometimes I rinse it immediately. Sometimes I rinse it after baggying overnight. Either way, I :love: how the conditioner helps rinse some of the oil out, keeping the hair from being greasy. I can't stand the feel of wet oil. :nono:

Irresistible

Yea, I do that too sometimes too. Sometimes I rinse it immediately. Sometimes I rinse it after baggying overnight. Either way, I :love: how the conditioner helps rinse some of the oil out, keeping the hair from being greasy. I can't stand the feel of wet oil. :nono:

you no likey oil on your wet hair?

audacity.

I don't call it an "oil rinse" but I use cholesterol/coconut oil for my overnight pre-poo/CW and MMP/CPR/Amla oil for my DC :lick: :grin:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use whatever oil I have on hand....hemp seed, evoo, grapeseed. I need to find something really cheap that I can get a lot of because I tend to go through the oil very quickly. I don't like to use my really good oils for this so I need something cheap. Maybe regular olive oil, I dunno. I usually shampoo my hair after the oil rinse because I can never get the oil out with condish.

Iris has me slathering my hair in coconut oil now:lick:. In fact, I'm getting ready to go slather in a minute:grin:.

Irresistible

I use whatever oil I have on hand....hemp seed, evoo, grapeseed. I need to find something really cheap that I can get a lot of because I tend to go through the oil very quickly. I don't like to use my really good oils for this so I need something cheap. Maybe regular olive oil, I dunno. I usually shampoo my hair after the oil rinse because I can never get the oil out with condish.

Iris has me slathering my hair in coconut oil now:lick:. In fact, I'm getting ready to go slather in a minute:grin:.

hehe gurl Im'a do the same in a minute!