OIL RINSING AGAIN!!!

Irresistible

WELL I HAVE STOPPED OIL RINSING, WELL NOT ALL TOGETHER I AM SURE I WILL DO IT HERE AND THERE BUT HERE IS HOW I HAVE PERFECTED IT FOR ME NOW

WHO KNEW WHEN I POURED A BOTTLE OF OIL OVER MY HEAD THAT DAY.....

ANYWAY, THE WAY I SEE IT , WELL IF YOU LOOK AT MY ORIGINAL POST ON OIL RINSING LAST YEAR, I POURED IT ON DRY HAIR AND JUST WORKED IT THROUGH AND SQUEEZED ALOT! IT WORKED GREAT. I AM A LOVER OF OIL FOR MY HAIR ANYWAY! SO DOING THIS WASNT A STRETCH FOR ME

BUT IT DID BREAK MY HEART WATCHING ALL THAT GOOD OIL GO DOWN THE DRAIN

NOW , I DO A RINSE WITH JUST WATER AND THEN POUR THE OIL OVER MY HEAD AND SQUEEZE. SO IT TAKES LESS OIL TO GET THE JOB DONE, BECAUSE I DIDNT ORGINALLY DO IT JUST FOR MOISTURE I ALSO DID IT TO LITTERALLY RINSE MY HAIR WITH THE OIL.

ALTHOUGH IT WORKED GREAT FOR ME ON DRY HAIR , IT DID CLEANSE AND GET THE JOB DONE , I THINK I LIKE IT BETTER ON WET HAIR

BUT GEESH THIS STILL TAKES ALOT OF OIL! ITS WORTH IT THOUGH

PatTodd

Hmmmmmmm............:scratchch.

My hair loves oil too, but the "traditional" oil rinse method (using oil to assist in detangling wet hair) did not work well for me. I developed a version where I bend over a dishpan and add oil the oil to my DRY hair a capful or so at a time until I am satisfied that my hair is saturated. This way I can see exactly how much oil stays in my hair. I sop up any excess with the ends of my hair. Then I squeeze it through, detangle and rinse.

You and I have similar hair, although yours is much longer and thicker. My 8 year old son has seen me looking at bun pics in your fotki, taken from the back, and asked "Mommy, is that you?" :grin:

Leslie_C

Sounds like it would be a nice treat and I know my hair would soak the oils right up bc when I put my oils on it now its never greasy, it just soaks it up lol. But Im way too frugal to use that much oil at once just to wash it down the drain lol...

Irresistible

Me thinks thats a good idea!

i hate to waste oil like this!

but then i am lazy so the pour and squeeze

I did pour it more slowly this time and like you said worked it through a little at a time to see how and where it was saturated and where it needed more, so it worked out to be less oil!

still had to squeeze though

precious oil down the drain

hey if its only used on MY hair and my hair is clean , I might consider recycling it or somethin
haha

My hair loves oil too, but the "traditional" oil rinse method (using oil to assist in detangling wet hair) did not work well for me. I developed a version where I bend over a dishpan and add oil the oil to my DRY hair a capful or so at a time until I am satisfied that my hair is saturated. This way I can see exactly how much oil stays in my hair. I sop up any excess with the ends of my hair. Then I squeeze it through, detangle and rinse.

You and I have similar hair, although yours is much longer and thicker. My 8 year old son has seen me looking at bun pics in your fotki, taken from the back, and asked "Mommy, is that you?" :grin:

Irresistible

my hair is very thirsty too

yeah this oil down the drain thing is buggin me lol
Sounds like it would be a nice treat and I know my hair would soak the oils right up bc when I put my oils on it now its never greasy, it just soaks it up lol. But Im way too frugal to use that much oil at once just to wash it down the drain lol...

Irresistible

btw I still love it on dry hair too

i just love oils period!

I'm gonna try it your way next time

Cichelle

Hi!!!

It's great to see you posting here. :yep: (miss you!)

I remember when you first posted about the oil rinsing. It seems like forever ago! I like oil on wet hair. But I have the same thoughts as you about all that oil down the drain. I mean, what can we do? Collect it in a pan and use it next time? :spinning: I really don't know. Lately, I haven't really been oil rinsing so often though.

Irresistible

Cichelle!

I MISS U TOO!

U HAVE THE FASTEST GROWING HAIR IN THE WORLD GIRL!

DIZAM!

Hi!!!

It's great to see you posting here. :yep: (miss you!)

I remember when you first posted about the oil rinsing. It seems like forever ago! I like oil on wet hair. But I have the same thoughts as you about all that oil down the drain. I mean, what can we do? Collect it in a pan and use it next time? :spinning: I really don't know. Lately, I haven't really been oil rinsing so often though.

Cichelle

Cichelle!

I MISS U TOO!

U HAVE THE FASTEST GROWING HAIR IN THE WORLD GIRL!

DIZAM!

Girl, my hair grows a half an inch a month. I just protect those ends like CRAZY to retain it. Plus all that avocado butter, which I learned from you. Your album...and kind heart...have been a great inspiration for me.

When you figure out how to recycle that oil...let me know! :grin:

Miss*Tress

Good to see you back. You were one of my inspirations when I first joined the board.

I've tried oil rinsing and like it well enough, but I probably need to use more oil. Fortunately the Indian grocers sell huge jars of coconut oil for about $3.00 - must try again.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hi Iris! I remember when you posted about the oil rinsing a while back. I thought of you when I saw the raves about oil rinsing recently. I have yet to try it because like you said, I really don't want to waste all that oil.:ohwell:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Good to see you back. You were one of my inspirations when I first joined the board.

I've tried oil rinsing and like it well enough, but I probably need to use more oil. Fortunately the Indian grocers sell huge jars of coconut oil for about $3.00 - must try again.

Hmmm....maybe I'll try coconut oil. I know Wal-Mart has big tubs for pretty cheap.

PatTodd

still had to squeeze though

precious oil down the drain

hey if its only used on MY hair and my hair is clean , I might consider recycling it or somethin
haha

I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as you are going to rinse anyway, right???????????????