Ok Rabs77!!!!

ccd

Spill it! I saw your siggy and your natural hair is AMAZING!!! Love the length, texture....OMG I wanna know everything.... regime, how long it took you to go to natural....whatever!!!

How you wear your hair regularly....

( I'm sorry if I'm being annoying....I normally don't post much; I like to read)

I'm getting tired of the relaxer thing and I would like to aspire to be like you one day!!! You have the best of both worlds.....you have your natural texture and the ability to do what ever you want to your have ( curly/ straight)

OK ......I want more pictures( was looking for a gallery but didn't find one)

SHE should be in the running for FOM Beautiful, just beautiful ....

:drunk::drunk::drunk: ok, so I have been gone form the site for a while and maybe this has already been discussed......forgive me if it is repeat but with that head of hair YOU DESERVE IT!!!:yep: Great, gorgeous...beautiful....simply wonderful ( ok.....I'm off to see if I can find info )

EDITED to A.........................BTW: I saw her siggy in the Off Topic Forum where LOS Angeles Gals Got together ( LA Meeting pics)

Last edited:

rabs77

Aww ladies....Thank you!!!:blush:
Alright here is my story.
I had my last relaxer(never again!) in Mar 2003. My hair had been relaxed for the last 7 years. It always grew to a decent length, but always needed a cut when I went to get it done cos I was not taking care of my hair. My hairline was beginning to thin from overmanipulating, and I just was not feeling cute. Anywayz decided to go natural...but had no idea what I was going to do with it. So from Mar 2003-Aug 2005 I wore braids, and weaves constantly. Mind you the girl who did my hair was an absolute genius. I never braided my hairline (hardly ever wore it in a ponytail) and her braids were sooooo neat, that after 3 months (yes I kept them in for 3 months:hair:) it was a breeze taking them out. That was key cos braids DO mess up your hair!!!Again she was such a good braider that my hair always came out in one piece after 3 months. About 4 months after going natural, I discovered LHCF....and realised what options I had with having natural hair. I finally started wearing it out in August 05

How I wear my hair...
Wash:
I wash once every 2 weeks...out of sheer laziness
I start the washing process by parting my hair into 8 sections. I never do ANYTHING without sectioning my hair first. I get overwhelmed if I dont. I normally start with an ACV rinse, then I mix any cholestrol I pick up from Sally's with honey and olive oil. I put this in my hair and wrap with a steaming towel for about 1/2 hr. Now b4 the cholestrol I MAY shampoo (I do this very rarely...maybe about once every 2 months). After the cholestrol conditioning I comb through my hair with regular conditioner (no particular brand). Now if I am doing a regular wash and go, I may leave a little of the conditioner in my hair, shake and go (I do not towel dry when doing a shake n go).

PIX from 2 yrs ago when I started wearing it out (wash and go)

Flexirod:
The first picture you see in my siggy is a flexi-rod set, which is how I wear my hair about 1/2 of the time. I completely rinse after conditioning, then set my hair with Motions foaming lotion and a little Garnier Fructus anti frizz serum( its in a bottle shaped like a ball). You can get the flexirods from Sallys. I need about 40 rods to get a decent looking set. It takes forever for my hair to dry. Walking around the house...6hrs, using my hooded dryer..maybe 2 1/2 hrs

Press:
The second and third pix in my siggy is a press. It lasts about 10 days....round about day 9 im sick of it!
Anyway...after completely rinsing out conditioner I towel dry my hair (Its still in about 8 sections..remember) I blow dry each section with ONE DROP of BIOSILK serum. Next I take very small sections of hair, and first pass over with a pressing comb, then with my MAXIGLIDE( Setting 5). The hair going through the maxiglide should be straight...from the blowdrying and pressing comb. If its not already straight the teeth from the maxiglide will pull out your hair! The whole pressing process alone (excluding washing time) takes me about 3 hrs...It aint no joke. You have to remember to press very small sections at a time, otherwise it wont last.

To be honest ladies, the length of my hair hasn't changed much in the last 2 years...pretty much since I started wearing it out. Simply because I get knots like crazy when i wear it curly. Lately I have been wearing it straight more often to avoid the knots...but I feel guilty about applying so much heat...I like the nice clean look so I have to trim frequently. So based on my experience, if you are looking for length ASAP. then it should be protective styles all the way, until you reach your desired length....for me it was braids/weaves. I wore the braids until I was happy with my length. I hope I haven't bored y'all to death with my rambling:lol:

Last edited:

ccd

Wow RAB!! Your hair and routine are FAB!!!! Thanks for sharing! and Congratulations you are trully inspiring!

Thanks again

Last edited:

Integrity

oh dont get me started on rab's hair. i pmed her ages ago about it. BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!

I must try flexirods my hair sometime. hmmm i wonder if it will work with the curly custard i got?

kandegirl

Your hair is so thick and pretty. Encourages me to go natural but not ready yet. But when I do, I'll have to keep it put away like you did until I get to a length I like.

Lynnerie

Thanks for sharing! I always stare in awe at your hair, it makes me want to continue with my transition. :yep:

deola

Rabs77, your hair makes me want to transition without the BC!
It truly is an inspiration:yep:
Keep up the good work!

The Girl

Aww ladies....Thank you!!!:blush:
Alright here is my story.
I had my last relaxer(never again!) in Mar 2003. My hair had been relaxed for the last 7 years. It always grew to a decent length, but always needed a cut when I went to get it done cos I was not taking care of my hair. My hairline was beginning to thin from overmanipulating, and I just was not feeling cute. Anywayz decided to go natural...but had no idea what I was going to do with it. So from Mar 2003-Aug 2005 I wore braids, and weaves constantly. Mind you the girl who did my hair was an absolute genius. I never braided my hairline (hardly ever wore it in a ponytail) and her braids were sooooo neat, that after 3 months (yes I kept them in for 3 months:hair:) it was a breeze taking them out. That was key cos braids DO mess up your hair!!!Again she was such a good braider that my hair always came out in one piece after 3 months. About 4 months after going natural, I discovered LHCF....and realised what options I had with having natural hair. I finally started wearing it out in August 05

How I wear my hair...
Wash:
I wash once every 2 weeks...out of sheer laziness
I start the washing process by parting my hair into 8 sections. I never do ANYTHING without sectioning my hair first. I get overwhelmed if I dont. I normally start with an ACV rinse, then I mix any cholestrol I pick up from Sally's with honey and olive oil. I put this in my hair and wrap with a steaming towel for about 1/2 hr. Now b4 the cholestrol I MAY shampoo (I do this very rarely...maybe about once every 2 months). After the cholestrol conditioning I comb through my hair with regular conditioner (no particular brand). Now if I am doing a regular wash and go, I may leave a little of the conditioner in my hair, shake and go (I do not towel dry when doing a shake n go).

PIX from 2 yrs ago when I started wearing it out (wash and go)

Flexirod:
The first picture you see in my siggy is a flexi-rod set, which is how I wear my hair about 1/2 of the time. I completely rinse after conditioning, then set my hair with Motions foaming lotion and a little Garnier Fructus anti frizz serum( its in a bottle shaped like a ball). You can get the flexirods from Sallys. I need about 40 rods to get a decent looking set. It takes forever for my hair to dry. Walking around the house...6hrs, using my hooded dryer..maybe 2 1/2 hrs

Press:
The second and third pix in my siggy is a press. It lasts about 10 days....round about day 9 im sick of it!
Anyway...after completely rinsing out conditioner I towel dry my hair (Its still in about 8 sections..remember) I blow dry each section with ONE DROP of BIOSILK serum. Next I take very small sections of hair, and first pass over with a pressing comb, then with my MAXIGLIDE( Setting 5). The hair going through the maxiglide should be straight...from the blowdrying and pressing comb. If its not already straight the teeth from the maxiglide will pull out your hair! The whole pressing process alone (excluding washing time) takes me about 3 hrs...It aint no joke. You have to remember to press very small sections at a time, otherwise it wont last.

To be honest ladies, the length of my hair hasn't changed much in the last 2 years...pretty much since I started wearing it out. Simply because I get knots like crazy when i wear it curly. Lately I have been wearing it straight more often to avoid the knots...but I feel guilty about applying so much heat...I like the nice clean look so I have to trim frequently. So based on my experience, if you are looking for length ASAP. then it should be protective styles all the way, until you reach your desired length....for me it was braids/weaves. I wore the braids until I was happy with my length. I hope I haven't bored y'all to death with my rambling:lol:

Press and the maxi huh? I guess natural hair can take that heat. You already know I love your hair. A fotki would be kinda cool too though.