OMG I already have new growth!

MizAvalon

didirose said:
How did you all use this BT? Everyday? Twice a day or every other day?

Enquiring minds gotta know...:lol:

I apply it once a day, every day. Been using it for 6 weeks.

mrshicks2002

Sorry that the pictures are so large. I did the best at taking these and they were taken 10 minutes ago.

mrshicks2002

NappyParadise said:
Yeah they are too big, But which is the Before? Your hair looks great!

All of these are after 5 days of using BT. I didnt take any recent before pictures, besides the ones that I have in my fotki that I took after my relaxer that I done on 4/14/07.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
honeybadgirl said:
awww....i'm natural so i cant see my new growth, i cant tell
:cry: :cry:
oh well...i'll have to wait a looooooooong time and blow it out and staighten to see

Girl I had the same problem so I'm revisting the crown and glory method so I can "watch my hair grow" too. ;) I braided my hair yesterday and already took pics...I'll be taking pics every friday for comparison. :D

carmella25

mrshicks2002 said:
I relaxed my hair on saturday and I also started using the BT the same day. My plans were that I was going to use BT and MN mix on alternating days. I have used BT so far as of today for 5 days and mn for 2 days and I already have new growth. Its very soft, but I can see the waves.
I think I will only be using the BT so I will know that it the BT thats growing my hair and hold off on the MN mix that I made for a little time.

This is scary, I cant believe this. I am really tripping myself.

ETA: I have updated this post with my pictures posted on page 4.

what is bt and mn

GoldenBreeze

honeybadgirl said:
awww....i'm natural so i cant see my new growth, i cant tell
:cry: :cry:
oh well...i'll have to wait a looooooooong time and blow it out and staighten to see

That's what I do about every 4 months. I'm fairly patient with my hair growth; but tend to get anal quickly, so I don't want to get in the habit of checking on growth to often and start driving myself nuts.:lachen:

ETA: Like Nikkipoo, I use MTG. I started in Jan, and the I'll check progress at the end of this month.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Nice & Wavy said:
There is no need for you to mix BT with another oil....you put BT on your scalp and massage it in. You don't have to put it on the length of your hair.

BTW: I just used Burnt Sugar for the first time today(I've had this for a few months now but only tried a small amount before) and I am in love too! I love that I smell it all day long. It works very well with the whipped pudding (thanks, Pokahontas)!
You're so welcome. I'm glad you like it. I could just sniff the jar all day, lol.

Congrats on your growth mrshicks. BT sounds like the truth! I've been hearing some great things.

foxy_brown

Aha! I wonder if I can put the miconazole nitrate powder in bountiful tresses!!!! Except BT is a liquid right? so it would probably settle and I'd have to shake it like a maniac before each use? But I am curious! I will try it!:spinning:

mrshicks2002 said:
I relaxed my hair on saturday and I also started using the BT the same day. My plans were that I was going to use BT and MN mix on alternating days. I have used BT so far as of today for 5 days and mn for 2 days and I already have new growth. Its very soft, but I can see the waves.
I think I will only be using the BT so I will know that it the BT thats growing my hair and hold off on the MN mix that I made for a little time.

This is scary, I cant believe this. I am really tripping myself.

ETA: I have updated this post with my pictures posted on page 4.

PuffyBrown

foxy_brown said:
Aha! I wonder if I can put the miconazole nitrate powder in bountiful tresses!!!! Except BT is a liquid right? so it would probably settle and I'd have to shake it like a maniac before each use? But I am curious! I will try it!:spinning:

Do you really think that you would want to do that? One of the ingredients for the boundless tresses is sulphur. Sulfur can have drying affects on the hair. I would do a patch test first for a few weeks to see how your hair reacts.:confused: I am a little worried that you may dry your hair too much.

SparklingFlame

foxy_brown said:
What is that? Never heard of it.

DivaRox

naturallady said:
What is that? Never heard of it.

Hi NL,

Foxy Brown posted this info on powdered mn in this thread-Miconazole Nitrate - 4% or 2% did you see a difference? :

I make my own skin and (sometimes) hair cream - soooooo....
yes, you guessed it! - (it's ok to laugh) I ordered a very small amount of miconazole nitrate the pure chemical in micropowder form and I plan to experiement with adding it to this cream I made, but I haven't decided on what concentration to make it - with the packaging I have I can either make it 2.5% or 4.5% (Yeah, hard core I know, but I love sciences so can't help it - I'll tell you about some mistakes I made in the past later) oh and the only animal I test on is me. My question is this: for the ladies who have used 4% and 2% did you see a significant difference in the effects between the two concentrations?
I ordered the powder from http://www.bio-world.com/MoreInfo.asp?ItemCode=705303

I got 5 grams which was 50 bucks but they get you with the shipping which is $15.

secretrose

wow, she is really brave purchasing that! I am curious to know what her results are. The website says the product is For individual lab use only. Not for human use or consumption. yikes! that's scary:perplexed

DivaRox said:
Hi NL,

Foxy Brown posted this info on powdered mn in this thread-Miconazole Nitrate - 4% or 2% did you see a difference? :

I make my own skin and (sometimes) hair cream - soooooo....
yes, you guessed it! - (it's ok to laugh) I ordered a very small amount of miconazole nitrate the pure chemical in micropowder form and I plan to experiement with adding it to this cream I made, but I haven't decided on what concentration to make it - with the packaging I have I can either make it 2.5% or 4.5% (Yeah, hard core I know, but I love sciences so can't help it - I'll tell you about some mistakes I made in the past later) oh and the only animal I test on is me. My question is this: for the ladies who have used 4% and 2% did you see a significant difference in the effects between the two concentrations?
I ordered the powder from http://www.bio-world.com/MoreInfo.asp?ItemCode=705303

I got 5 grams which was 50 bucks but they get you with the shipping which is $15.