Oprah is Natural

inthepink

I do believe her straight hair is natural because I do remember seeing old shows and her hair is super thick. However, I do not believe that curly look she sported was not without weave assistance.

I always thought the curly look (do you mean the recent one from last year's season) was just a roller set.

MRJ1972

That is amazing!!!

Her stylist Andre has proved that it okay for african americans to wash their hair daily and keep the hair healthy in the process!!!

She has always had long thick hair and I could never understand why she had been wearing that half wig for at least the last year!!! NOW, I know-she has been growing out her relaxer!!!...off to find a half wig!!!! :driver:

And she definitely needs to do a show about growing out this relaxer and her regimen!!!! :lachen:

MRJ1972

when did she say she pressed it everyday? From what i watched, she gets it "done" (curled up for tv) everyday, but re-pressed? I don't think so.......

May be true...a while back Andre was interviewed about Oprah's hair and he said she gets it washed, blow dried and styled daily!!! So if he is still washing everyday now that she is natural, they would have to press it also...I really need to get her regimen....They must use some AWESOME products!!!!:yep:

Sridevi

What's more amazing to me is that Oprah is in her 50s. I always though hair growth slowed down as we get older but obviously that is not always the case.

AtlantaJJ

What's more amazing to me is that Oprah is in her 50s. I always though hair growth slowed down as we get older but obviously that is not always the case.
Its largely dependent on genetics....then hair care habits to a lesser degree. Some people can do all kinds of things to their hair and not have damage. Some of us are not so fortunate. Finer haired ladies have to be careful, course hair seems to be able to withstand more abuse.

Junebug D

Go Oprah! I had no idea! All those years my grandma has been swearing Oprah wears wigs, lol. And I remember on NP they used to beg Oprah to go natural or do a show about natural hair, and Oprah was natural all along, lol. :lachen: OPRAH's NAPPS FTW! :yay::yay:

Luxurious12

I love that she showed her natural hair. I seriously doubt that she presses it EVERY morning, but she is a billionaire who can hire the best stylist and not get her hair damaged from heat. MUST BE NICE MS. WINFERY! It should not come as a chock to anyone. Her hair has been long for most of her life before she was asked to start straightening it in the late 70's. Look her up when she was an anchor. Her hair was gorgeous and long then and it is now too.

meka

Now I do believe this is her hair...but isnt this the same lady that was pushing Phytorelaxer? How can we be sure she is natural?

TwistNMx

Its her hair!!! Why wouldnt it be?? The lady has a hair stylist and Im sure is using the best products on the market. Her looks very REAL and very HEALTHY. Not saying she doesnt wear weaves sometimes but how she's been wearing her hair lately is definitely all hers.:grin:

Okay, if you say so.:rolleyes:
It must be so because she says it is...:yawn:

Last edited:

Nonie

Yeah...she was the reason I started using Phyto!! lol...when did she stop relaxing???

Now I do believe this is her hair...but isnt this the same lady that was pushing Phytorelaxer? How can we be sure she is natural?

If you read the whole thread, someone said she mentioned a while back that she stopped relaxing because it was ruining her hair, or sth to that effect.

MonaLisa

Complexed...

the woman shared with the world about being sexually abused by a relative...

but....she...gonna lie...about her...hair...

*again, alrightee then...*

Avaya

Are anyone of you her tweeties or whatever it's called? If so, ask her about her regimen and post!

I knew that was O's hair. She has had thick, long hair all of her life.

I doubt it is washed and pressed everyday. What would be the point? Unless she is working out everyday (which I doubt); all she has to do is wrap her hair at night and have Andre touch it up in the morning before the show.

NikStarrr

It's pretty ironic we're all on a message board to learn good hair practices to grow long hair---yet, there are some who can't believe that another woman (Oprah) has long hair? I don't get it. Why even be on this site, if for some reason you don't think it can be done?

mstar

Luxury bacon
It's pretty ironic we're all on a message board to learn good hair practices to grow long hair---yet, there are some who can't believe that another woman (Oprah) has long hair? I don't get it. Why even be on this site, if for some reason you don't think it can be done?

My thoughts exactly...

LongCurlz

You Go Oprah!....her new straigh hairstyle did look very natural to me....I was like is that real?..she has very nice hair.

meka

If you read the whole thread, someone said she mentioned a while back that she stopped relaxing because it was ruining her hair, or sth to that effect.

I read the whole thread....I was just wondering, exactly when did she stop relaxing...

Brownie518

I could care less whether her hair is real or not. What I can't believe is her face!!!!!!!!!!! What they do to that woman's face with makeup is unbelievable!!! :yep: Never ceases to amaze me!!!

LongCurlz

I could care less whether her hair is real or not. What I can't believe is her face!!!!!!!!!!! What they do to that woman's face with makeup is unbelievable!!! :yep: Never ceases to amaze me!!!

Whats wrong with her face?
Oprah is such a good-hearted person I could care less about what her face looks like.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I believe she stopped relaxing sometime in the last 2 years. I don't know how many of you watch the show faithfully, I don't. But one episode I caught, the season before last, she wore her hair straight. A viewer wrote in and commented that they didn't like the look and told her to keep her curls. She announced on air that the straight style is her "post relaxer hair style" she said that after relaxing her hair does not hold the curls that Andre puts in by hand using a small barrel curling iron.

Whats wrong with her face?
Oprah is such a good-hearted person I could care less about what her face looks like.

I think Brownie is saying her makeup is always nice.

Last edited:

Brownie518

I believe she stopped relaxing sometime in the last 2 years. I don't know how many of you watch the show faithfully, I don't. But one episode I caught, the season before last, she wore her hair straight. A viewer wrote in and commented that they didn't like the look and told her to keep her curls. She announced on air that the straight style is her "post relaxer hair style" she said that after relaxing her hair does not hold the curls that Andre puts in by hand using a small barrel curling iron.

I think Brownie is saying her makeup is always nice

It is nice, and amazing!!! What I was saying is that I can't believe the transformation. She looks quite different.