Ordering Hair Butters etc

br0wney3z

When ordering from site to make homemade butters etc. what do you look for? Or who are some of your favorite sites to buy from? I'm trying to go more organic in my hair care reggie and I am getting overwhelmed with weights, prices, quality. As a novice to all of this, what should I be looking out for? What makes one's say avocado butter better than another. Advice please!

naturalgurl

Yeaaaah. I wonder what colors some butters should be. You know how they say there's white shea butter and yellow shea butter. I'm subscribing and bumping...

Chameleonchick

In regards to shea butter, white shea butter is refined most of the goodness is filtered out. Yellow shea butter has a root "soaked" in it to give it its color. I'm a shea butter nut! I had to try maaaaaaaany shea butters before I found the one that was right for my products. Unrefined shea butter should be a tannish/creamy color. Most butters and oils should look similar(most times) in color to the seed it was extracted from. Most times if this is not the case it may have been slightly or totally refined. Hope that helps!

br0wney3z

In regards to shea butter, white shea butter is refined most of the goodness is filtered out. Yellow shea butter has a root "soaked" in it to give it its color. I'm a shea butter nut! I had to try maaaaaaaany shea butters before I found the one that was right for my products. Unrefined shea butter should be a tannish/creamy color. Most butters and oils should look similar(most times) in color to the seed it was extracted from. Most times if this is not the case it may have been slightly or totally refined. Hope that helps!

Okay that was my first confusion. I figured unrefined was better than refine but I wanted to make sure. I think I'm gonna order some avocado and shea butters to start off with. So do you use it as a deep conditioner or a daily moisturizer. Details lady details

naturalgurl

I use my shea butter as a sealant/conditioner. It seals in moisture and it makes my hair easier to handle. I have the unrefined dark shea that I bought from an african shop.

Chameleonchick

Hmm I guess it depends on the season, I use my moisturizer which has this in it, very very good especially now. I also use it raw on my ends too.