Lay the Butters on Me Please!!!

AsTheCurlzTurns

Okay I'm in serious need of some butter help. I've read quite a few threads about butters and I'm needing some info from you all who are using any of the butters I'm listing.

I've only ever used Shea butter and I absolutely love it. But that Avocado butter seems to be calling my name as well as that Mango butter LOL My search reveals that Shea butter is #1 while the Avocado butter follows a close second behind. The mango butter is somewhere tagging along somewhere due to its hardness.

Okay here's my questions:

1. Is there anywhere online where all 3 (shea, avocado, mango) can all be brought at the same place (to save on shipping of course!) I know of camdengrey.com but would like other places also.

2. Does any places online sell these particular butters along with others in like sample 2 or 4 oz sizes also? I really, really want to try the avocado, but don't want a lot if my hair doesn't like it.

3. See lots of talk about mango butter being great, but that the fact it's hard in texture is what makes it so bad. So I take it there's no such thing as soft mango butter huh? So it'll need to be at least melted or even whipped to be useable.

Thanks so much in advance if you can help with this.

ShaniKeys

I buy my butters from www.fromnaturewithlove.com, you can get smaller samples too, I really like it. I have the Mango butter (hard butter!). I sometimes sit under the hair dryer for a bit after putting it on my hair, that way it melts into my hair.

HTH

blue_flower

I love avocado butter! I get it from fromnaturewithlove.com. I don't like shea butter, but if I ever wanted it I can always get it from the local African shop down the street.

Zay-neey

Wow now im pissed , i bought avocado butter from fromnaturewithlove.com and now i go to camdengrey.com and its so much cheaper!

and if u dont like one of the butters just make a mix, melt them together !

GabbanaGirl

I love shea, avocado, and mango as well! Try texasnaturalsupply.com - Or thesage.com - I like those two places because they are cheap (and offer small sizes), much cheaper than a lot of other places I have found! The chemistry store has pretty decent prices, but the shipping for me is a little too much for me...could be due to my location.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Wow now im pissed , i bought avocado butter from fromnaturewithlove.com and now i go to camdengrey.com and its so much cheaper!

I so agree. Shea sticks my strands together in a "waxy" mess. I mixed the avocado (shop CG too) with whipped shea and put in some remaining Burt's Bees Avocado Butter (oat protein, veg. glycerin, avocado oil, olive oil and some other stuff I can't remember), 2 1-inch squeezes and mixed together. It's wonderful and fragrant due to the essential oils in the Burt's Bees. I like this better because that stuff would run down my face if I tried to use it as a hair dressing. It's meant as a pre-poo. Now I can use it whenever.

mj11051

I love shea, avocado, and mango as well! Try texasnaturalsupply.com - Or thesage.com - I like those two places because they are cheap (and offer small sizes), much cheaper than a lot of other places I have found! The chemistry store has pretty decent prices, but the shipping for me is a little too much for me...could be due to my location.

GabbanaGirl, sweetie do you have a recipe using tucuma butter?

AsTheCurlzTurns

I buy my butters from www.fromnaturewithlove.com, you can get smaller samples too, I really like it. I have the Mango butter (hard butter!). I sometimes sit under the hair dryer for a bit after putting it on my hair, that way it melts into my hair.

HTH
Dang I didn't think Mango butter was THAT hard since you have to go under the dryer some to melt it LOL:grin:

On the bolded that sounds like a plan!
I so agree. Shea sticks my strands together in a "waxy" mess. I mixed the avocado (shop CG too) with whipped shea and put in some remaining Burt's Bees Avocado Butter (oat protein, veg. glycerin, avocado oil, olive oil and some other stuff I can't remember), 2 1-inch squeezes and mixed together. It's wonderful and fragrant due to the essential oils in the Burt's Bees. I like this better because that stuff would run down my face if I tried to use it as a hair dressing. It's meant as a pre-poo. Now I can use it whenever.
This sounds like a great recipe!! Thanks for sharing that!

Also thanks again ladies for sharing these sites with me.