Out of Lurking and Crochet Braids

Ms_Whit

Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking since last year. I want to say thanks for all the information and style inspirations. I thought I would reveal my latest attempt at protective styling with my crochet braids. I had yarn twists in for 5 weeks then washed and straightened my hair (I am 7 months into my transition) for about a week and decided I wanted to go back into protective styling.

The hair I used was FreeTress Bohemian Braid since the bss did not have Water Wave. It took me about 6 hours total (including breaks, skyping my friend who is in Abu Dhabi)My friends now call my hair "Mother Earth" :spinning: lol

I usually have the itches with synthetic hair, so I did soak it according to the crown and glory method for removing the alkaline base just in case.

ETA: I did gel each piece as I separated the strands to keep it from frizzing too much.

On to the Pics

Blow Dried hair for easy braiding

Braid Base *I'm not the best cornrower

The Secured Back

Finished

I've gotten soo many compliments on this style! Its a Keeper.

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

It looks really nice! If I had only seen the end pictures I would have thought it was a braid out on your hair!

SignatureBeauty

WOW! that looks really good, How do you tie yours? I had been tryint these but I keep seeing the loop and it looks like it is coming undone? I have been to youtube and got a great tutorial,but your hair looks really good, and I agree it looks better than WW!

Ms_Whit

WOW! that looks really good, How do you tie yours? I had been tryint these but I keep seeing the loop and it looks like it is coming undone? I have been to youtube and got a great tutorial,but your hair looks really good, and I agree it looks better than WW!

I use the loop method like the beginning of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fiLWQ_IFuE but tied two knots. I also notice the thicker the hair piece the more it tended to come undone so I tied the larger pieces three times.

The knot tying was the one step that took me the longest until i got the hang of it.