OVEER-DUE Fokti Updates: Calling People Out!!!

KiniKakes

OVER-DUE Fokti Updates: Calling People Out!!!

Okay ladies! :flyingwit

Im afraid i have to put on my Witchy-poo Hat, because its time to get serious up in here. *cracks whip* :whip:

Some of you are LONG over-due for a Fokti Update!!! You know who you are! :sekret:

In this thread, i want you to CALL OUT folks who owe us an update! :Devil: Dont be shy.....

I'll start:

*EDITED*

Zanna
Bodecia
JadedCynicism
DontSpeakDefeat
Ekomba
Ajamericandiva
Aiesha
Adrienne0914
Denali03 (Dana)
Yummyc
Imani
Imani97
AJamericanDiva
Mchelle3147
HighlyFavored1

SuperGirl
JenniferMD
Godsflowerr
Macherieamour
PrettyHaitian
SistaSlick
SummerRain

THere are tons more, but these are the names that popped into my head first.

Some of you havent had updates since like April, May, June, July.... and thats unacceptable! :angry2: Of course, if you have extenuating circumstances (ie, about to have a baby, like Lauren.... who should have gotten called out but didnt, hehehe) or have stated that you are taking a Hair Hiatus (SistaSlick?) then you are off the hook.... for now. :p

But for the rest of you ladies..... let's go!!!! No excuses! Whip out those digital cameras and share your progress with us!!! Stop holding back, dang! Ya'all know we need to stalk, i mean, check on your progress!!! :lol:

So go ahead ladies, let's call some more folks out!!!!!!!!!!! :whip: LOL!!!!!!

Last edited:

good2uuuu

Thank you for not calling me out! I have not updated mine in almost 2 years......... Just call me lazy. But hey, my siggy pics are new, so that's a start :-D

BrickbyBrick

good2uuuu said:
Thank you for not calling me out! I have not updated mine in almost 2 years......... Just call me lazy. But hey, my siggy pics are new, so that's a start :-D

OT: Good2uuuu, Wow, your hair is off the hook! Gloriously thick. Bet people want to try and touch it all the time:lol:

Kini,
Just came in to say that your hair is gorgeous and you are definitely my inspiration. Thank you.

MonaRae

I don't have one and that is b/c I am shamed of my hair! Sad but very true :look: !

My ends are very thin and I am waiting for the rest of my hair to catch up. I’m a no hair cutting Christian (according to I Corinthians 11) so I can’t just cut it. So I just wait until all my hair is even (oh, the power of Prayer!).

I may just bite the bullet and post. Maybe I’ll get more responses around here :lachen:, I mean help!

MonaRae

SweetCaramel1

hey kk, i was trying to hold off relaxing until december and then updating................but................. i found out a couple of weeks ago that i'm preggors and won't be able to relax for awhile :look: anywho, i'll update soon, i don't think i have much progress though :cool:

dimpalz

SweetCaramel1 said:
hey kk, i was trying to hold off relaxing until december and then updating................but................. i found out a couple of weeks ago that i'm preggors and won't be able to relax for awhile :look: anywho, i'll update soon, i don't think i have much progress though :cool:

ooooooooooOOOOOOooo congrats!!!!

SweetCaramel1

MonaRae said:
I don't have one and that is b/c I am shamed of my hair! Sad but very true :look: !

MonaRae

don't be ashamed to post, we all have our problem areas. no one head of hair is perfect, look at my "before" flat ironing pics, not nice :lol:

MonaRae

SweetCaramel1 said:
don't be ashamed to post, we all have our problem areas. no one head of hair is perfect, look at my "before" flat ironing pics, not nice :lol:

Thank you I really need to hear that!
Congrat on the pregnancy!

MonaRae

KiniKakes

SweetCaramel1 said:

Oh my gosh, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats WONDERFUL news!!!!!! :D Okay, SC1, you are officially off the hook! :lol:

rootdeep

NO she DID NOT call me out!! Hmmpt.....ole pretty haired diva! Hmmpt!!! Maybe we are all waiting to hit BSL like you! LOL!!!

Okay okay so here it goes.....you'll have to check the siggy out for now. I attempted taking pics using the timer last night and was having problems. I cut away the V my hair was growing in remember ...

Some people would call me crazy for doing it but I know how I want my hair to grow having that little tail behind me would have been great if it would have filled out but it was becoming stringy and like my screen name I want HEALTHY hair from the root so I took it as my old head of THIRSTY hair was dying off so I SET THE V free. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Here is my progress shot as of last night....

I would like to add that Biotin is NO joke. Horsetail is the truth and WACk UGLY hair can do me no harm. LMAO!!! Okay okay....I'm in a sillly mood! Happy Hair growing ladies!

Last edited:

KiniKakes

rootdeep said:
NO she DID NOT call me out!! Hmmpt.....ole pretty haired diva! Hmmpt!!! Maybe we are all waiting to hit BSL like you! LOL!!!

Okay okay so here it goes.....you'll have to check the siggy out for now. I attempted taking pics using the timer last night and was having problems. I cut away the V my hair was growing in remember ...

Some people would call me crazy for doing it but I know how I want my hair to grow having that little tail behind me would have been great if it would have filled out but it was becoming stringy and like my screen name I want HEALTHY hair from the root so I took it as my old head of THIRSTY hair was dying off so I SET THE V free. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Here is my progress shot as of last night....

I would like to add that Biotin is NO joke. Horsetail is the truth and WACk UGLY hair can do me no harm. LMAO!!! Okay okay....I'm in a sillly mood! Happy Hair growing ladies!

RD, Your hair looks great!!!! I know it must have been so hard to let that V go.... not sure if i would've been able to do it! :lol: But your blunt cut looks so healthy and thick.... and the shine is incredible!!! Happy Continued Hair growing.... and you are also officially off the hook, missy! :whip:

KiniKakes

good2uuuu said:

Look at all that hair!!! NICE!!!!!!!!

KiniKakes

Story said:
OT: Good2uuuu, Wow, your hair is off the hook! Gloriously thick. Bet people want to try and touch it all the time:lol:

Kini,
Just came in to say that your hair is gorgeous and you are definitely my inspiration. Thank you.

Thank you so much, Story!!! Bless your heart!!!! :D

LocksOfLuV

KiniKakes said:
Okay ladies! :flyingwit

Im afraid i have to put on my Witchy-poo Hat, because its time to get serious up in here. *cracks whip* :whip:

Some of you are LONG over-due for a Fokti Update!!! You know who you are! :sekret:

In this thread, i want you to CALL OUT folks who owe us an update! :Devil: Dont be shy.....

I'll start:

Khandi B.
RootDeep
JenniferMD
ArmyQT
Godsflowerr
Macherieamour
SweetCaramel1
PrettyHaitian
SistaSlick
SummerRain (who does not even have a FOkti, and is getting called out for that!!!!!)

THere are tons more, but these are the names that popped into my head first.

Some of you havent had updates since like April, May, June, July.... and thats unacceptable! :angry2: Of course, if you have extenuating circumstances (ie, about to have a baby, like Lauren.... who should have gotten called out but didnt, hehehe) or have stated that you are taking a Hair Hiatus (SistaSlick?) then you are off the hook.... for now. :p

But for the rest of you ladies..... let's go!!!! No excuses! Whip out those digital cameras and share your progress with us!!! Stop holding back, dang! Ya'all know we need to stalk, i mean, check on your progress!!! :lol:

So go ahead ladies, let's call some more folks out!!!!!!!!!!! :whip: LOL!!!!!!

*coughs* can we add Anky to the list...:D

*Happily Me*

SweetCaramel1 said:
congrats on the pregancy!

your hair is the bomb and will be out of this world in a few months. :)

KiniKakes

MonaRae said:

My ends are very thin and I am waiting for the rest of my hair to catch up. I’m a no hair cutting Christian (according to I Corinthians 11) so I can’t just cut it. So I just wait until all my hair is even (oh, the power of Prayer!).

I may just bite the bullet and post. Maybe I’ll get more responses around here :lachen:, I mean help!

MonaRae

Awww, Mona, dont feel like that! We are all in this hair growing game together, and believe you me we have seen it all. Thats the beauty of this site.... no judgments or destructive criticism. Take a look at my hair, just a couple of years ago:

So dont feel badly. If you do decide to create a Fokti (and i hope you do!) you will be able to look back and see how far you've come. Its a beautiful thing, really! :)

rootdeep

I'm not even going to lie to you. I cried like a big baby when I decided to cut the V off. Boo hoooing. My friend was scared to say ANYTHING about my hair all evening after the chop. He didnt know if I would snap on him or not. LOL!!! I'm glad I did it! I felt like I was growing one of those old school mullets.

I think I have a regimine down now as well and I have taken a break for the sake of my skin on mixing both horsetail and Biotin together. I've just been taking my normal vitamin and the HSN and a Biotin. I opened up a capsule of biotin and horsetail in a small bottle of water just to see reaction they have together and it didnt sound to pretty fizzing in the bottle.

KiniKakes said:
RD, Your hair looks great!!!! I know it must have been so hard to let that V go.... not sure if i would've been able to do it! :lol: But your blunt cut looks so healthy and thick.... and the shine is incredible!!! Happy Continued Hair growing.... and you are also officially off the hook, missy! :whip:

*Happily Me*

MonaRae said:

MonaRae

don't be ashamed. shoot!
the ladies here at LHCF are very encouraging :)

*Happily Me*

good2uuuu said:

you are just too bad with your beautiful fro!

you look great! :)

KiniKakes

Yeah, my skin has since cleared up some.... so Ive introduced most of my vitamins back into my regimen. HOwever, i did not add the Horsetail. :ohwell: Im taking 5 mg of Biotin, and there is some Horsetail Silica in my Nioxin, and i figured that is plenty!!! Not trying to experience that kinda dry skin EVA again!!! *Yikes*

Girl, i wouldve been crying too!!!! :lol: Its hard to let go of length, V or otherwise. ANd your hair had gotten real long with the V. But at the rate your hair is growing, that length will be back in no time. My concern, however, is that your hair naturally grows in a V-shape. Are you gonna cut it off each time??? :( You wont make much progress that way, missy!

:lachen: @ old school mullet. Umm, it was NOT that bad!!! :lol:

rootdeep said:
I'm not even going to lie to you. I cried like a big baby when I decided to cut the V off. Boo hoooing. My friend was scared to say ANYTHING about my hair all evening after the chop. He didnt know if I would snap on him or not. LOL!!! I'm glad I did it! I felt like I was growing one of those old school mullets.

I think I have a regimine down now as well and I have taken a break for the sake of my skin on mixing both horsetail and Biotin together. I've just been taking my normal vitamin and the HSN and a Biotin. I opened up a capsule of biotin and horsetail in a small bottle of water just to see reaction they have together and it didnt sound to pretty fizzing in the bottle.

Miss.Que

I would really like to see an update from on of my hair idols Lexi84. I hope you do not mind me calling you out;)

Cayenne0622

Kinicakes is such a sweetie and always has a word of encouragement. You are a real darling. You all have some awesome progress. I know I am going to look back 2 years from now and feel great about my hair as well.

Never be ashamed of your hair while on this board. There is always someone who has been there and someone who will rally behind you and support you and most importantly, someone who will give you great tips to get to where you want to be.

KiniKakes

Miss.Que said:
I would really like to see an update from on of my hair idols Lexi84. I hope you do not mind me calling you out;)

It doesnt matter whether she minds or not, i am adding her to the list!!!! :whip: Hehehee!!!
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Last edited: