I Ain't Playin' - 2013/2014 Steppin' Out

ilong

God's Own
Happy Mother's Day Ladies!!! I pray that you have a blessed and wonderful day.

I am sorry I have not been updating on this thread. I am very busy at the moment as this is my busy season.

I did take the time to make a few updates to my regimen, because post updates or not "I Ain't Playin". :grin: You can see my updates on post 1 page 1.

I would like to add that having this regimen is helping me track, manage and move towards accomplishing my goals. I feel so good about myself because of some of the goals I've accomplished, others that are in progress and others that I look forward to accomplishing.

There are some goals which I will never be able to put in blue font (completed) such as, a closer relationship with God, but I feel excited with anticipation about the goals I know I will accomplish.

Lovingmywaves12

Hi ladies!!!!

I am just poppin in to say hello. Graduation was Saturday! So now its official, I am a college graduate!!! :party::party::party::dance7::dance7::dance7:

I will go back next year and take 8 classes. Then I will have another 2 degrees in Business Admin & Sociology. That will make for 3 degrees in 3 years. :grin:

I will update my initial post with all the other progress that I have made.

ilong, hey girlie!!!!!

gabulldawg

I love this thread! I also ain't playin' this year! I will be 30 :blush: in about 3.5 months and I WILL be the best me I can be by then. I have been eating healthier in order to finally lose this baby weight. So far I have lost about 8.5 pounds and have about 25 more to go. I am eating cleaner and avoiding processed foods. :yep: I also have a goal of BSL hair by the end of the year.

I wanted to give an update! I turned 30 on 5/29 and I celebrated my birthday being 20 pounds lighter. :yay: I still have more weight to lose, but I am very happy with my loss so far.

I still am waiting on the BSL hair, but I have some time for that.

AmiJay

Okay. I got a B in statistics. You do not know how major that is for me! I got a B in Anthropology and Lab the semester before and I was like, she just gave me a B because she liked me. Then with the B in stats, I said the same thing but reality is, I've been working my arse off! Shheeeiiiinttt, you can't tell me nothing!

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
I wanted to give an update! I turned 30 on 5/29 and I celebrated my birthday being 20 pounds lighter. :yay: I still have more weight to lose, but I am very happy with my loss so far.

gabulldawg

Congrats!!!! I want to lose 15 pounds. I need motivation and your update did it for me.

ilong

God's Own
Hello Ladies
Sorry for the lapse in posting in this thread. My busy season starts in May and continues through December so I don't do a lot of anything outside of "taking care of business".

Lovingmywaves12 - You go "GRADUATE" - I know you worked hard to get that "paper". Keep it Movin' and get the next set :grin:
gabulldawg - HAPPY BELATED 30th Birthday and CONGRATS on that weight loss.
AmiJay - a B in "Statistics" - you doggone right nobody can tell you nothing, cause you have to work hard to get that in Stats. I "mean" :grin: how could you think it was just given to you.

So ladies ummm ****clears throat*** where are those I Ain't Playing regimens/updates?

HoneyBea

I know I'm late but I want in too.

Steppin Out Date: November 2014

"I Ain't Playin' Regimen"​

Hair Goal: I want get my between bra strap length and mid-back length. So since I am in school, I shall be doing a mixture of protective styles (micro braids, Senegalese, and box braids,) but no weaves something makes me itch more than when I get hives as well as a wash and go regimen since I (nor my hair) have any problems with rocking a ‘fro. Since we (my hair and I) have agreed that we prefer darcy’s botanicals moisturizer, shampoo and hair crème, I shall spend the extra dollars needed to tease my hair into growing.
09/2013 Update: Currently braids to give myself a twistout soon but have been rock my afro since the middle of August.
12/13 Update: I currently have noticed that though my hairs is seemingly not grow or growling slowing it is thickening out like crazy. I still haven’t figured out what hair type I am but that doesn’t matter too much right?

Skin / Toes / Fingernails Goal: I don’t really have a problem with my skin as long as I can keep the mosquitoes off me. I do want to break my habit of biting my nails though. I had stop for a while but at times I just can’t resist.
09/2013 Update: I only bite my nails now when I’m stressed.
12/13 Update: I only bite one fingernail now granted it looks weird with slightly long nails and one short one but I’m getting there

Teeth Goals: I’m thinking of getting cosmetic surgery. My teeth haven’t properly seen a dentist in at least five years since I haven’t had the money to afford one. So I know that there are cavities, a few of my wisdom teeth need to come out and I have to replace a tooth that was broken and rebuilt when I was younger.
09/2013 Update: Still working on this…
12/13 Update: My dental insurance finally kicked in, (paid from my own pocket) and though there isn’t any plans of cosmetic surgery yet I will be getting my wisdom teeth pulled since my dentist says it will help me with my night grinding and reduce the jaw pain the grinding causes.

Weight/Diet/Exercise Goal: Presently I taking 10,000 mg of Biotin and well as an over the counter multivitamin. I leaving it in the bathroom hopefully I’ll remember to take them every day. Presently I weigh about 180 at the height of 5’3 and according to my doctor I am obese. Though I do challenge him on this I still run around about and play with my six and two year old niece and nephew as well as my three month old puppies until they are tired out. But enough about that, I am only trying to get tone, weight lost (which is inevitable) isn’t that big with me. I do want to lost my spare tire and tighten up my thighs, I will stick to toning up so I don’t start scale watching. At the present moment, the only exercise that I am doing is chasing my puppies and niece and nephew around the yard and a open field behind my house. Though soon, if I can get a hang on this online schooling thing I will incorporation a mixture of Zumba, P90x, Tapout, Latin dancing and Insanity to my daily grind. I will try to cut out so much sugary drinks and add more juice to my diet. I would say water but I would be plain lying, I hate drinking water. It leaves a nasty after taste in my mouth.
09/2013 Update: Haven't yet started though I need to hopefully before the end of September I shall have started my workout routine.
12/13 Update: I have finally started, not the extensive list that I gave in the beginning but hey we have to start somewhere right? At the present, I am doing Tapout and yoga. Since I do not like acidy drinks it was not hard to give up the carbonated drinks. I still haven’t found a compromise with water yet though I’m still trying.

Inner self/Spirituality Goals: I have to find myself in this area. I believe in the bible but not in what Christianity has become today. Churches disgust me with their greed and blatant miscommunication of the Word. I remember I was sixteen when my eyes were opened to the corruption of the church. My family has always read the bible and the night before we happened on reading the passage that our current preacher at that time was going to read the next day. I remember my parents having us leave because the pastor actually read the entire passage wrong and twisted it to fit their needs of asking for money to have the roof repaired. And I haven’t been to another church since. I wish I could find a church that was still in the old ways. I loved the old church music and sermons you could feel in vibrating through you down to your soul.
09/2013 Update: As strange as it might seem my current path that I am walking down to find myself is in BDSM. I haven't tried anything yet though I am learning a great deal about it and me.
12/13 Update: Ugh is all I can say here

Relationship Goal: <---- I refuse to touch this area until I get myself right. I have serious commitment and trust issues that I have to work on before I even think about venturing into the realm of lovers.
9/2013 Update: Myself isn't prepared yet so I refused to handle my insecurities as well as another.
12/13 Update: I have a goal and that is to have my bachelors and masters in psychology as well as a second associates in creative writing by the time that 2016 gets here if not earlier. So relationships are the last time on my mind.

Financial Goal: I want to clear all of my debt though I don’t that is relatively possible until I get out of school though I don’t not want to be one of those people still paying off student loans in my forties (my apologies if I offend anyone) I hate owing people anything. I don’t want to have anything over anyone and don’t want anyone like that to me.
9/2013 Update: I'm a college student. I'm still trying though. ^_^
12/13 Update: This could probably double over to my work status as well. At the present, I am (along with everything else in my life) working on a book. Nothing major just a simple fantasy fiction novel that could probably put a few pennies in my pocket.

Travel Goal: I really want to visit everywhere but my top three that I want to visit between now and ’14 is Canada, Jamaica, and Mexico. I hope to visit Jamaica and Mexico at the same time by taking a Caribbean cruise as a graduation gift to myself. :grin: I will probably try to visit Canada during the fall of ’14 because I remember one of my past teacher showing the class pictures of Canada in the fall and it was gorgeous.
09/2013 Update: I will be done with classes in March and graduate in May, next year, Jamaica and Mexico here I come. ^_^
12/13 Update: I’m cheating so in the summer of next year if I can I will be taking a two week vacation / education trip to Geneva, Switzerland where I will be taking up a few courses at Beatons Finishing school there. Jamaica will to put off to be a present to myself for finishing my bachelors and Mexico will be incorporated in a cruise I will be gifting myself for turning 25.

Education Goal: I am presently in school for paralegal studies which I am melting my brains to finish in nine months and maintain a 4.0 so that I am able to graduate summa cum laude. I am hoping to work and stabilize myself before heading back to school in the spring of ’15 to get a double major degree in psychology and law with my ultimate ending goal to be a forensic psychologist or lawyer. I haven’t quite narrowed down what I want to be when I grow up.
09/2013 Update: Pulled out of my first round of classes with a 3.0 since I got a C in my international relations class but I can pull it up. I love with my current set of classes even if mymathlab is about to work all of my nerves.
12/13 Update: Finished all of my classes so far and currently balancing my third set of classes with the holidays. So I am presently in my second year of schooling in five months. Yay me….

Working Goal: At this point I just want to get through school since I am finding out that online schooling to me is a heck of a lot harder than brick and mortar ones and am very, VERY thankful that I have very supportive parents since I have heard the horror stories that my friends are telling me about their relationships with their parents. My parents have allowed me to move back home until I am able to stand up on my own, with my rent being cooking, keeping the living room clean and washing the dishes.
09/2013 Update: Still the same.
12/13 Update: Like I mentioned in my financial goals, I am working on a book that will hopefully put a few pennies in my pocket, even if it isn’t a outbreak phenomenon, to break me from balancing the line of might drown to able to sleep at night would be nice.

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
HoneyBea -WELCOME!!!! WELCOME!!!! WELCOME!!!!
the word "late" does not existwhen you are working on self-improvement (meaning : you can never be late) . So get to work with the rest of us.

As you probably read gabulldawg lost 30lbs. woo-hoo "ga"
and AmiJay got a "B" in statistics. So they have already shown the rest of us, we can do it. Now we just have to do it.

JFemme - me2. :grin: It really helps me keep focused on what I am trying to accomplish.

Lovingmywaves12

Hi Ladies!!!

ilong, sorry for the lateness, but there have been some really interesting updates for me. I didnt feel they were appropriate for my first post, so here goes...

My babies spent the first month of summer break with their grandmother. That didnt go so well. My 6 & 4 yr olds have vowed to NOT go back to their grandmother's house. Upon returning, neither of them would even leave the house if it wasn't with me. It was even a fight for them to sleep in their own beds. I have finally gotten that under control and they are doing better.

The Sunday before my children were to return home, I passed out at church and had to be hospitalized. My smarT (sarcastic) doctor, took my off my blood pressure meds and by the time my blood pressure topped out, it was 157/110. I was out of it for around 30 minutes and my church was quite crazy while all of this was going on. My pastor and his wife, made me stay at their house until I had to get back to my house for my doctor's appointment.

I have undergone a slew of tests and appointments to get this under control. It is getting there and I am working on it each day.

I can definitely appreciate AmiJay getting a "B" in Stats. I am taking that class now, and I am working my arse off to keep the "B" that I have. Kudos to you Girlie!!!!

In leiu of everything that has happened to me over the past few weeks of summer, I have realized that I was putting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much pressure on myself and that it just wasn't worth it. While I love being self employed and the freedom it brings, I now know that I need to go back to where I started and revamp my company. I will be going in a different direction. This direction will bring me a bigger, STEADY paycheck with much LESS stress on me.

I have babies that depend on me for everything. What good is everything to them, if mommy isnt around to guide them on what to do with it?? I am feeling good about my decision and I know that everything will work out.

Sorry to be so long winded. I'm off my soapbox now :)

ilong

God's Own
Lovingmywaves12!!!! there you are!!!
Glad to hear from you Sorry you've gone through so much - but it sounds like you have charted a new path to hopefully reduce future challenges. If your health and peace of mind is at risk - everything is at risk!!

SkySurfer

I ain't playing either!
Here are my goals:

1. Get my weight down once and for all. I am currently 153 pounds and i want to be 130 pounds (i'm 5'4'').
How am I gonna make it? My tried and tested way of the plate method diet for three meals a day, plus a healthy snack.

2. I am currently APL getting closer to BSL. This time next year I will be graduating my iBSc and i want to have FULL BSL to show for it. I AIN'T PLAYING. I'm hiding my hair under crochet braids for a month or two at a time and i had BETTER have something to show for it!

3.Improving my social links. I want to get out there and meet more people. I will be taking up volunteering again after my exams and rejoining all the societies I gave up to get through this tough year of med school.

4. I will be 21 next year. I want a big bash because I feel I haven't shown out on my birthday since I was 8! It's time...limo, and everything!.

5. Finances...I spend the VAST MAJORITY of my money after rent on FOOD. Unecessary JUNK! It's time to stop this..this will also help in my weight loss goals.

6. Fitness..my goal right now is to build more muscle to raise my metabolism and to look less...soft LOL. I want to feel strong and lithe and healthy!

7. Relationships....personally I know I need to learn to go for what I want, but at the same time learn to be even happier on my own. I want to be with the right person, and don't want to waste time with games.

8. Beautiful living...as weird as this sounds i want to inject more beauty into my life. The little things like a more minimalist living space, beautiful but sturdy clothes and shoes and accessories, beautiful (but not over-) eating..really paying attention to my surroundings and what I put into and on my body. I figure I'm worth it? LOL

9. And my main goal...EXCEL IN MEDICAL SCHOOL. I have finally figured out the best way of revision for me and plan to ride that to the top. I want to be the best doctor I can be for my patients!!

So this time next year, I want to be a successful student with longer hair, a slimmer body, a clean living space and minimal toxicity in my relationships.
...is that too much to ask? :lachen:

So I figured it was time for an update!
1. It's been slow going but I'm currently at a weight of 144 pounds and am feeling pretty good. I hope to reach my goal of 130lbs by the end of 2013. Giving myself lots of time.

2.My crochet braids have been a godsend and my hair is growing bounds and leaps. I'm BSB, not quite BSL (I wear my bra very low too), but I'm thrilled with my progress. Maybe by the end of the year I'll be BSL? Who knows?

3. This summer i have definitely improved my social links, and met new people. I want to carry on nurturing my current relationships like flowers and let them blossom.

4. Still the same goal for my 21st bday bash

5. Finances have been my worst area so far, and I am aware. I have a summer job now and am trying to replenish my overdraft. Once I do, I will reduce my overdraft limit so I spend less. I now have an expense manager app to track my purchases and expenses.

6. Fitness.. I am well into my fitness journey and am combining HIIT, bodyweight training, walking and dancing to keep myself active. I no longer am interested in sitting around the house doing nothing.

7. Amongst the new people I have met this summer is my current beau. He is very good to me and we get along well. Unfortunately he is leaving for America soon and therefore i don't know what will happen with us, but it has been good to have a taste of a quality, fun, drama-less relationship, even if it is a few months.

8.Beautiful living...I am more conscious about how I set out my living space, how I cook and present food, how I present my self, different fragrances and colours etc. Life can be stressful, so I try to inject beauty and calm in the chaos.

9. I PASSED MY SECOND YEAR OF MEDICAL SCHOOL!! I'm going into my third year of university and in my course we do an intercalated degree. I chose to do medical physics and bioengineering because I want to learn more about the inner workings of the medical technology that we take for granted every day.

So here is my first update. I am well on my way to a slimmer, healthier body, longer hair, and calmer living space and academic , financial and social success.
There is always room for improvement and I see myself as a project to work on and make better.

I hope you ladies (and gents?) are striving towards your goals...I sure know I am. :yep:

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
SkySurfer
What a beautiful update!! Thank you for sharing!

First things first :

:yay::trampolin:woot::dance7::clapping::band2::bouncy:

on completing 2nd year of Medical School!!!
I know these studies are quite intense and challenging but not impossible as you have proven. On to year 3!!!:yep:

The words and presentation emitted a sense of peace, calmness and beauty!! It exemplified #8 (Beautiful living...I am more conscious about how I set out my living space, how I cook and present food, how I present my self, different fragrances and colours etc. Life can be stressful, so I try to inject beauty and calm in the chaos.) in your update!

You have lost 9 pounds that is great progress! At this rate - no doubt you will reach your goal of 130 pounds before year end .
Several members have recommended crochet braids and from your update it seems they are a good PS and growth promoter for you. I have been toying with getting crochet braids when I am ready to do that type of PS, but I don't think I can put them in. Will need to find someone to do them for me.

You have made progress in all of your areas. Even the fact that you have a management app to assist in financial planning and management is progress :yep:.

We look forward to your next update - but please don't stay away so long!!:yep:

ilong

God's Own
When I started this thread I said it was not a challenge and it isn't. But for me it is somewhat of a journal and it helps me monitor my progress (or lack thereof) over time. When I first started this thread June 2014 seemed so far away - now it is less than a year away!!! Time waits on no man!!

Whether I update my post or not, I review my post to see what I am slacking on and what areas need more focus. Sometimes I get so caught up in "hair growth/maintenance" the other objectives on my regimen are overlooked. At times I feel I have not/am not progressing - until I look at my "I Ain't Playin' Regimen". I may not have completed the objective but I am progressing in the area.

Additionally, just as I am motivate seeing other ladies successful hair growth journeys, I am motivated (even more so) reading other ladies "I Ain't Playin' Regimens/updates.

So to all the ladies who have posted in this thread - THANK YOU FOR ENCOURAGING ME THROUGH YOUR REGIMENS, UPDATES AND POSTS!!!
I AIN'T PLAYIN' -

Last edited:

SkySurfer

SkySurfer
What a beautiful update!! Thank you for sharing!

First things first :

:yay::trampolin:woot::dance7::clapping::band2::bouncy:

on completing 2nd year of Medical School!!!
I know these studies are quite intense and challenging but not impossible as you have proven. On to year 3!!!:yep:

The words and presentation emitted a sense of peace, calmness and beauty!! It exemplified #8 (Beautiful living...I am more conscious about how I set out my living space, how I cook and present food, how I present my self, different fragrances and colours etc. Life can be stressful, so I try to inject beauty and calm in the chaos.) in your update!

You have lost 9 pounds that is great progress! At this rate - no doubt you will reach your goal of 130 pounds before year end .
Several members have recommended crochet braids and from your update it seems they are a good PS and growth promoter for you. I have been toying with getting crochet braids when I am ready to do that type of PS, but I don't think I can put them in. Will need to find someone to do them for me.

You have made progress in all of your areas. Even the fact that you have a management app to assist in financial planning and management is progress :yep:.

We look forward to your next update - but please don't stay away so long!!:yep:

Thanks for the encouragement! I will be sure to drop in more frequently. :lol:
I wish you the best with your goals also!

HoneyBea

"I Ain't Playin' Regimen" 9/13 Update​
Many apologies that it took so long, school has been hectic

Hair Goal: 09/2013 Update: Currently braids to give myself a twistout soon but have been rock my afro since the middle of August.Skin / Toes / Fingernails Goal:09/2013 Update: I only bite my nails now when I’m stressed.Teeth Goals:09/2013 Update: Still working on this..Weight/Diet/Exercise Goal:
09/2013 Update: Haven't yet started though I need to hopefully before the end of September I shall have started my workout routine.Inner self/Spirituality Goals:09/2013 Update: As strange as it might seem my current path that I am walking down to find myself is in BDSM. I haven't tried anything yet though I am learning a great deal about it and me.Relationship Goal:09/2013 Update: Myself isn't prepared yet so I refused to handle my insecurities as well as another.Financial Goal:09/2013 Update: I'm a college student. I'm still trying though. ^_^Travel Goal: 09/2013 Update: I will be done with classes in March and graduate in May, next year, Jamaica and Mexico here I come. ^_^Education Goal: 09/2013 Update: Pulled out of my first round of classes with a 3.0 since I got a C in my international relations class but I can pull it up. I love with my current set of classes even if mymathlab is about to work all of my nerves.Working Goal:09/2013 Update: Still the same.

Last edited:

RngdeCurls

I'm definitely tardy for the party on this one, but I've found myself so inspired by you ladies that I would love to try charting my goals and progress as well.

I Ain't Playin' Either!

Financial Goals:
-I am going to find a job and soon! 9/26/13 I have an interview today but I also need to call and reschedule an interview for a 2nd position closer to my house.
-I plan to get all of my parking tickets paid off.
-I plan to buy a parking pass so that I can stop racking up tickets going to campus. 9/24/13 DID IT! Bought my parking pass today.
-I plan to start paying down my debts.
-I plan to further my education in regard to finances. I would like to eventually start my own business but I need to learn EVERYTHING.
-I plan to get my tuition debt paid off by next semester so it doesn't interrupt my education.
-I plan to make my voice acting demo so that I can shop that to a talent agency and hopefully supplement my income even further.

Weight Loss Goals
-My ultimate goal is to be able to dress confidently in gyaru fashion.
-I plan to lose at least 20 lbs.
-I will continue my personal "BABE" fitness regimen. My goal is to workout at least 4 days a week and as a motivator, each day I workout, I write a letter on my calendar and attempt to spell out "BABE" for the week.
-I plan to incorporate weight training in addition to my cardio.
-I will up my water intake and start drinking 72 oz. per day.
-Hot lemon water every morning.
-Cooking meals for the week instead of eating fast food.
-Complete the Squats and Crunches challenge.

Hair Goals
-My ultimate goal is MBL!
-Deep conditioning at least once a week.
-Take my biotin and MSM supplements faithfully.
-Live in buns; 2 buns per week.
-Cowash twice per week and seal with my Crisco mix.

Educational Goals
-Graduate next semester with a degree in Broadcast Journalism.
-Pass COM 4250. I WILL NOT repeat that class. 9/24/13 In progress. I've brought my 'F' up to a 'C'
-Find an internship for the Winter semester. 9/25/13 Found one! I cold called all the recording studios in my area and one accepted me. I go in on Monday to check out the studio.
-Test out of math!
-Continue my personal study of audio editing at home.
-Find a way to continue vocal lessons with my coach.

Relationships
-Be a better friend. Keep in touch with my gamer crew and childhood friends.
-Be a better big sister and form a relationship with my littles before its too late.
-Be a better daughter and help around the house even more.

Beauty
-Clear up my dark underarms by rubbing lemon on them every night.
-Start making my shea butter mixes to keep my skin in great condition.
-Learn how to arch my own eyebrows so I can save money.
-Learn to be more confident in myself.
-Study gyaru fashion more so that when I'm ready, I can start building a wardrobe.

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
SkySurfer - please don't be a stranger for too long. :yep: School has started back up, yes? So I'm sure you, along with other LHCF members in school, are busy with the books, as you should be.

HoneyBea - It's never to late to focus on self improvement and self-motivation. Glad you posted your regimen and if I may suggest - detail steps you plan to take to reach your goals.

RngdeCurls - WELCOME to the THREAD!!! Glad to hear all of the "Ain't Playing" ladies are a source of motivation.
You may want to focus on some of "the low hanging fruit" tasks - along with one challenging task. This way you will see progress in your regimen.

For all "I Ain't Playing Ladies" even if you don't want to post your progress on this thread - print out your regimen and update it. Then you will see progress and progress is motivating.

SkySurfer

SkySurfer - please don't be a stranger for too long. :yep: School has started back up, yes? So I'm sure you, along with other LHCF members in school, are busy with the books, as you should be.

HoneyBea - It's never to late to focus on self improvement and self-motivation. Glad you posted your regimen and if I may suggest - detail steps you plan to take to reach your goals.

RngdeCurls - WELCOME to the THREAD!!! Glad to hear all of the "Ain't Playing" ladies are a source of motivation.
You may want to focus on some of "the low hanging fruit" tasks - along with one challenging task. This way you will see progress in your regimen.

For all "I Ain't Playing Ladies" even if you don't want to post your progress on this thread - print out your regimen and update it. Then you will see progress and progress is motivating.

Hi ilong!
Yes, indeed, I'm back in the swing of things. I'm doing an intercalated degree in Medical Physics and Bioengineering this year before going back to Medicine the next, so I'm pretty excited to be branching out. I'm hoping to get a first class degree and make my mum proud haha.

I've stopped actively losing weight, just maintaining because I like where I am now, around 140 pounds :) I like the stability of just maintaining. I'm happy about my journey from 160lb at the very top of the year 'till now

As for hair, crochet braids all the wayyyyy babayyyyyy. They really are convenient and protective.

My main goal this year as I think I said before is financial stability and responsibility. By my 21st I want to have an established budget, but also be comfortable enough to enjoy life , so I'm trying to save money and earn extra by doing hair on campus, as well as tutoring on weekends.

All in all I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

I hope you are well, ilong, as well as all the other ladies in here! :)

ilong

God's Own
SkySurfer - first of all let me say I am VERY SURE that your Mom is already proud of you. :yep: Anything else you do will just make her even MORE proud and her smiler bigger and brighter!

God Bless you on your studies. May He impart the strength and wisdom you need to complete your studies and achieve your goals.

January 1 - I have to be on a first track to meet my "Steppin' Outbh" date. Wow can you believe it is less than 9 months away. When I started this thread it seemed so far into the future.

hmmm- the crochet braids are sounded very tempting. I need to change PS (currently LS wig). My edges are trying to thin out on me.

Sounds like you have a plan to improve your financial . Having a plan is always the first step to success.

Stay optimistic and focused and you will accomplish all of the objectives on your "I Ain't Playing Regimen". :yep:

gabulldawg

Time for another update! Since my birthday I've lost another 20 pounds. :yay: I am SUPER proud of myself. I never thought I'd get back to a place where I was happy with my body. I feel comfortable in my skin and that's a great feeling! :yep: I gave up on the BSL goal. :lol: I now have a pixie cut which I love and plan to stick with for a while.

bronxsoloist

This is an unique challenge, and because of that I AM STEPPING UP. I have lots to accomplish so I will be back with my laundry list. BUT I'm loving this post. I have hair goals but I have life goals as well. And I need to STEP IT UP if anything. And there's no time like the present.
For those of you that celebrate Halloween you probably know that it is a pagan holiday, which long story short represents the new year. So my new year just passed Oct 31 and I'm making my resolutions. BE back in a jiffy with them lol

Desert Skye

I was thinking of joining this challenge for a while. My life has just gotten crazy with me recently getting married, buying a new house, and keeping up with my career. I am so greatfull for all the wonderful changes in my life, but I want to be the best me there is. If I put my goals down here it will really motivate me to complete them So these are the changes I want to make in my life by December 2014

Hair:
Keep my hair styled and healthy. No more relying on ratty hair buns or pony tails at work.

-Weekly d/c with steamer
-Keep up with moisturizing

Skin:
-Get facials bi-weekly
-Drinking my water

Nails:
-Continue to use nail strengtheners
-Fix all nail polish chips immediately.
-Regular visit to nail salon for shaping

Makeup:
-Wear it at work
-Go get professional training on the best makeup techniques

Clothes:
-Donate all ill fitting clothing
-Get new jewelry to update wardobe
-Get new clothes that fit and get rid of the oversized/frumpy clothing.11/5/13Donated a huge bag of old clothes to Goodwill. Now I have more space in closet
-Buy new/cute underwear/bras
-Read the fashion magazines I subscribed to so I can stay up to date on fashions
-Organize my closet so I know what clothes I have.

Social:

With work/moving I have been introverted.

-Go to meetups in my neighborhood with people of similar interests
-Actually USE facebook to keep up to date with friends and family that are far away doing well with this, I am reconnecting with old friends and family 11/18/13
-Actually hang out with the friends I have no :lol:

Home:
-DECLUTTER!
-Begin setting up/decorating rooms such as the home office, bedroom, living room etc
-Find a nice wall picture for my living room

Job:

-Begin speaking up if I feel I am working too many hours
-Catch up on my paperwork
-Complete CEU that will improve my skills.

Financial:
-Continue to work on paying down student loans. Paying the smallest one off first.
-Add more to my Roth IRA
-Add to my "baby" savings for when I am not able to work after giving birth

Starting Family:

- Continue to take prenatal pills
-Work with my physician to get all my exams completed to ensure I am healthy enough to conceive.

Spirituality:

-Continue to meet others that are of the same spiritual path and work on developing that area. 11/5/13Just got in contact with an old friend who would love to check out a spiritual center with me

Last edited:

nakialovesshoes

So it's like you're all in my head. My 16 year old graduates the Saturday before Memorial Day next year. I also turn 40 next year.I have a 2014 bucket list:

I’ve decided to update my post. Reading over others posts made me realize that there were some things that I forgot to add. Plus I’m trying to list them in order of importance.

1. My spiritual growth: I’m of the Christian faith but I have yet to read the bible in its entirety. Staying in the Word is a definite goal of mine. I have a special bible & you read a little bit daily & by the end of the year, you’ve read the whole bible. I started reading it on January 29. I am reading the days I missed in January & my daily reads for February. So far since the 29th, I’ve only missed one day & I made those readings up last night. Must keep in mind: I want to look good on the outside but it’ll be worth nothing if my inside is messed up. I'm less than 2 months away from reading the entire bible.

2. My financial growth: I plan to clean up my credit (& DH’s) with a program like Lexington Credit or Credit Kharma. I’ve never been a saver. I saw the link that was posted & I think that I’m going to see if I can at least save $1000 in a year. Stewardship is a big issue with me. I have to remind myself that if God cannot trust me with a little how can I expect Him to bless me with more. I started cleaning up my credit with Lexington Law last month. I still don't have any savings unless you count the empty water container bank in my room.

3. Fitness: I want exercise to become a habit for me. I not only want to lose weight but I want to maintain it. I really want working out to come as natural as taking care of my hair is. As a part of my fitness goal, I would like to complete a pole fitness “curriculum.” I’ve gone to a couple of classes but I want to commit to & complete the course & become an advanced pole girl. :look: I'm still working on this. I lost 30 pounds & gained them all back this year. :perplexed

4. Hair: MBL by 12/31/2013 & WL by my son’s high school graduation, 5/24/14 but no later than my 40th b-day in September. I’m in a sew-in now. I will remain in beehive cornrows either under sew-ins or wigs until I reach my goal. I think the fitness will help with the hair growth as well as I’m using topical growth aids. My hair is past the bottom of my shoulder blade & I'm approaching MBL.

5. Completing Conquer Fear’s beginner & intermediate swimming courses. If you’re an adult that never really got over a fear of water, this is a great course to check into. They offer it as a vacation, basically. You go daily to a swimming pool & they money back guarantee you that you’ll be over your fear & swimming by the end of the course. I want to be able to snorkel on vacation & not be afraid of the fact that my feet aren’t touching the bottom. I can actually swim underwater but if I have to tread water on the deep end, I start panicking & I begin to sink.
This course is pricey & I will have to spend 2 weeks in Florida to complete. I'm still hoping that I will be blessed with this opportunity next year.

6. Completing Rosetta Stone Spanish (or something similar) & becoming fluent. I was thinking about asking for some language software from DH for Christmas.

7. Skin: Tattoos removed & hyperpigmentation on face, décolleté & back gone – I started getting my tattoos lasered off but I still need a few more treatments for them to be gone completely. As for the hyperpigmentation, I will probably wait until the end of the year to get started. I will get a microderm treatment with bleach infusion every 2 weeks for 6 weeks as well as use retin-A & HQ. This is not in the budget right now.

I will just update my list as I complete. LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Updates in black^^^