Paging all those who do/have done their own Braids

G

I'm in an experimental mood! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, on the Sensationnel site, I saw a lady who had LOVELY braids that were left out and curly at the ends. I would love to create something like that.

The lady is under the Use & Care Section for Synthetic hair.

My question is, have you ever been able to achieve something like this? It doesn't have to look like that, I'm just asking if anyone has done their own individuals. How long did it take? Were they hard to do alone? Would you do it again?

I hate asking silly questions, but when I looked at her hair, this light bulb went off in my head telling me that I should attempt to do this myself, without blowing away a good $200. Any help, tips, advice?

Thanks,
Karonica /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tonya

Hey!
I did my own hair what I did was start with my edges in the back, around the sides and the front that way I could wear a ponytail until the middle is finished. It took me about 10 hours...I have pics in my album of my finished product...I would do it again but i would have to have afree schedule and a baby sitter for my toddler because he kept trying to pull them as I put them in.
Try to find the hair that is pre parted or the parting combs so that your braids are the same size, start out with 2 mirrors then u should be able to feel your way through. Just turn on a good movie get on the floor nad let the fun begin. Oh yeah try to stay away from parting with a comb or block parts....I did slants.
HTH

G

I saw on your album! You did a great job! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yes, I am truly inspired now. Almost tempted to cancel my weave appointment. Maybe I'll try it after that. But then, I'll be eager to take out the weave. LOL
I am definitely going to practice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonya

Thanks!
You are really starting to sound like me I am really fickle when it comes to my hair.
Take pics I wanna see...
BTW I could not get the ripple effects to work for me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

G

Oh dear. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'm sorry to hear that. I hoped things worked out for your date. I'm sure they did though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you sooo much for the advice!

PS- After my next touch-up, hopefully, I'll remember to get a camera and take some shots of that, and then take some shots of the weave I"ll be getting. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonya

good for you! Yes the date was great /images/graemlins/wink.gif
I do weaves for other people and I want to sew my own in...thinking about it....

G

it's been a long while since I did some. I did some back in highschool, they're in my pic album of short hair pics if you want to see them. It took about a weekend. I could have probably finished in a day, but your arms get tired braiding your own hair!! My only suggestion would be to use human hair.

nita4

Last year I did something like that using a synthetic wet and wavy type hair. I would start on Friday night and would take all weekend. It isn't hard, just take your time and make the braids a reasonable size for you.