Paging anyone who owns a bonnet dryer

Dionne

How do these work for you. I was thinking of buying one next week, mostly for conditioning purposes but I wanted to get the facts from you all first before I go to sallys. Thanks again

SVT

Girl!

Don't waste your money on the <font color="green">Gold N Hot 1875 watt</font color> dryer, unless you don't mind lookin a little crazy!

I'm sitting under it as I type. This fake dryer has a sufficient amount of air flowing through the front vents. As for the side and back vents, those are apparently for decoration purposes!

Someone on another board hooked me up to the towel rig. Dionne, listen up girl, I place a bath towel on the hood so that the towel hangs around the sides and back. I then secure the towel to the hood handle with a butterfly clip and voila! The towel traps the little bit of heat flowing from the decorative vents. At this very moment, I'm sittin ghetto fabulous under my cheaply made <font color="green">Gold N Hot 1875 watt</font color> bonnet dryer!

Ten bucks says all the <font color="green">Gold N Hots</font color> are the same way.

pebbles

SVT, You took the words right out of my mouth! That is one terrible hair dryer! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Luckily, you found a nice trick. I'm going to hook myself up with on of those hair dryers Amillion has for Christmas! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think it's time that Santa Clause was good to herself as well as to the kids this year, Darn it!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A

AmilLion

Pebbles, please note, the hood dryer I own, you can get it in Manhattan for under $200. When you come, I'll let you know exactly where to purchase it from.

I used to own one of those GHETTO GOLD N HOT's. I spent more time trying to maneuver that contraption to trap the heat. I would always have necks cramps because of the weird positions I would be sitting in and OMG, it would takes hours for my hair to dry. WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

pebbles

AmilLion,

Since you used to own one of those contraptions, you know the HORROR I go through trying to use that piece of crap! You are absolutely right, a total waiste of money. Thanks for the tip on your new dryer. Let me know where you got yours. I'm going to have them ship it to me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

Yes, I've had every hair drama possible. Hair Loss, Traction Alopecia, color damage, heat damage, product damage, stress damage, braid damage, damage by sylists, weave damage, believing false adverstisements on products, listening to friends, styling damage, following trends, following myths, following hair advice in magazines, and PIECE OF JUNK CONTRAPTIONS like GOLD N HOT lol. To think and I'm only 22 years young!

But anyway, I'll be passing by the store tomorrow, I'll get the number for you and you can call to see if they can ship it to you.

Sunshine

Well, I have a ghetto fab dryer that works great if you don't mind proping it up on old records and phone books. /images/graemlins/grin.gif It's made by Hot Tools and boy oh boy, it gets hot. I usually have to turn it down. I plan on holding on to it until AmilLion's dryer can fit into my budget. It was a mere 35 bucks and I'm satisfied with it.

VALLEYGIRL

Sunshine
so you like the Hot Tools hard hat dryer? I have heard that they are better than the other table top dryers. Do you find that the air flows out evenly? Or are your back/nape area still damp?
I have the Gold n Hot 1600 Watt table top and that does not get my hair dry evenly. Like SVT and Pebbles said it is a piece of crap. I can't believe the 1875 Watt dryer is also garbage. I would think with the higher wattage it would dry better..oh well.
Just wanted to compare the Hot Tools with the Gold n Hot before I consider buying the $200 one.
TIA
Valleygirl

pebbles

Hi sassygirl,

AmilLion gave a review of this dry some time back and said that she owned it but returned it after a couple of days because the hood part was too small, and wouldn't fit with regular size curlers on. I saw it up close at Sally's and it didn't look like I would be able to use it. Darn it!! and it was such a good price too! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Oh well, if you have a little head you might like it. If you have a big head like me, I don't think you'll like it. The cover on the hood part barely comes down far enough to trap the heat sufficiently. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Hope that helped. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

Yeah, up close the Babyliss looks like a piece of junk. If you have really short hair or wet wrap your hair, then maybe you can consider the babyliss, but if you have a melon size head like myself which is tripled in size by the time I put the rollers in, stick with a much larger hard hat.

Kitkat

I have a Gold &amp; Hot hooded dryer. I don't know the wattage, but my experience is similar to what most of you guys mentioned. The front vents are perfectly positioned to dry the front, but the back vents are positioned so that I have to sit twisted in the chair in order to dry the back of my hair. I got it for about $50 at Rays.

carrie

I thought I was the only one that had problems with this dryer. I HATE MINE! I'd like to save for a really good one.

carmella25

I have a hot tools bonnet dryer and it works so good on my hair. It gets really hot too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlkMane

I have a Lady Dazey...do they still sell these? And if you want a cheap hood dryer, I suppose I would recommend it. I've never had a problem with it drying my hair and it lasts for years.

The one I currently own is AT LEAST 7 years old and works like new. The one I had BEFORE purchasing this one is at my parent's house and that is the one my mom uses. That Lady Dazey has to be AT LEAST 12 years old (if not older). Still works. Dries hair (even mine) in about an hour.

My only complaint is that the hood is not extremely large. I use the purple snap-top rollers and if I got rollers any larger, they wouldn't fit under the dryer.

Ennyaa

Giiiiirrll... I thought I was the only one with one of these!!! hahahahahahaha. Do they even sell them anymore? All these ladies in here were talkin bout some high-tech new stuff and had me thinking maybe I was behind the times. lol I've had that Lady Dazey for at least 6 years and it works like a charm for me. I sit that bad boy up on my couch throw some pillows on the floor under it and just lay back. Works great for me. I still wanna try the soft bonnet thing though.

Allandra

Blkmane,

This is the same brand that I have (hard bonnet one). I purchased it before 1989, and it still works good.

BlkMane

Bonnets off to my "old school" sistas!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lady Dazeys do the job!