Paging Caramelbarbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bri123

Hi Caramelbarbie;
Please help!!!!!!!!!!

I had a question to ask you about the wash and wear relaxer. Since I live hear in the states and no one in my area can do the relaxer(Nebraska) I am really considering doing the relaxer myself. Any advice on the maintenace what do you recommend and does your hair grow fast I have 4a hair and want a different look and and how is the overall condition of your hair as well with the wash and wear relaxer. The video $99.00 Jazma said you have to purchase first and then you can buy the relaxer for about $60.00 which is a large tub which would last me a long time.
Thanks
Bridgette
Bridgette

ellemoe22

bump for me too
if you do it please tell me how it works out, because I am planning on getting the relaxer myself

sbg4evr

Are you saying Bri that you can buy the Kerasoft relaxer from Jazma? I understood that the relaxer is only sold to licensed hairdressers who have takened the Jazma course.

bri123

Hi sbg4evr;
Yes. I called the company (Canada)this past monday the girl that I spoke with said I didn't need to have a license. The only thing is she said we have to buy the video first which is $99.00 which I think is insane and then we can purchase the relaxer for $60.00. Or we can purchase the entire kit for $169.00 which you get all the stuff you need the relaxer the video the hair products. Another girl I spoke sometime last week said the same thing and she said a friend or your boyfriend can help put the relaxer in. I am thinking of buying the kit even though it is very expensive. Maybe you can help me how is it overall as a relaxer and is there a lot of maintenance to have the wash and relaxer and does your hair grow alot from the wash and wear and any tips that you recommend. thanks
Bridgette

caramelbarbie

Hi Bri123

I can honestly tell you that the relaxer is good. So is the whole wash and wear system. If your an 4a like me ....and have no curl pattern you wont get the look like the models on the site. If I washed and put stuff in my hair I'd look like a treasure troll!

I think that the relaxer is good but so is Affirm. I don't put the relaxer in myself I'm a slave to the salon for that. I trust my stylist(who is really great!!).
For maintence I use keracare line. The detangling shampoo, humecto, essential oils ( which is really expensive
but its the best hair oil for my hair)....I also use Affirm 5and1 every other week.
My hair is in great condition thanks to all the ladies here and their great posts. My hair was ok before but it is 95% better . The advice that really helped me was:
stop using heat every week
washing every 3-4 days
stop trimming my hair
visiting LHC form!!

Adrienne's phony pony method!!
(gir,l my hair looks great thanks to you!!!)
I use elasta "feels like silk" gel to keep my hair in place.
I don't wear my hair down much but I did last thrusday and my boyfriend was shocked on how much my hair has grown
. I was soooo happy my hair was thick shiny and resting nicely on my back. Interms of how much growth i get a month ....mmm my hair grows a lot at the top sometimes or the sides..... its always one part of my head then the other. trimming to even it up wasn't helping cause one side would grow.....and i would get it trimmed then the other side would grow.
Now that I've stopped trimming ......I see more length and in the long run it evens out. I plan to trim only once a year.
I recently orderd a bone comb and i'm trying to find a site to order some magic grip hair pins...hairtopia is sold out *pout*

I hope this answered your questions!
Let me know what you decide to do....

bri123

Hi Caramelbarbie;
Actually my hair is really coarse and very very thick with a S curl pattern to it especially the crown of my head. I currently wear Euclence relaxer can I achieve the same wash and wear look without purchasing the kerasoft relaxer. I am going to get braids again in December and wear them for about a year. Every where the braids and within the two months condition hair for two weeks and continue for a year. How long is your hair also. This forum has helped me so much as well. Also if you don't mind what is your hair regimen also. thanks

caramelbarbie

Hi Bri123
I wash my hair every 2-3 days.
Sometimes I do a pre treatment with olive oil
I shampoo with Keracare detangling shampoo
Condition -humecto for 30 sometimes with or without heat
I use Affirm 5 and 1 for 30 min every other week.
I detangle my hair as much as i can with my fingers in the shower. I apply keracare leave-in and essential oils then flip my head over and slowly detangle my hair. I gather it in a ponytail then flip my head up right. I use a soft boar brisle bush to smoothen my hair in place. I use a cloth elastic to hold my hair in a pony( not too tight) brade my hair and apply more oil wrap my hair in a bun. then put a baggie over the bun. I apply some elasta gel to the rest of my hair and smoothen my hair down with the brush(sometimes). then let air dry. If i'm in a rush i'll blow dry the front of my hair a bit....while smoothening? down my hair. Attach my pony and i"m ready to go.
. I'm not sure the lenght of my hair now but last time i checked in aug it was 3 inches past shoulder.*yippe!*
I think you should stick with your relaxer if its working for you. if it ain't broke......LOL

I would do a search and find someone who is wearing braids and ask them how they care for them....I've never tired them but I'm sure you'll find some really good advice here.