Paging Everyone....list of "bad" hair products...

Lucia

Paging Everyone....list of \"bad\" hair products...

Please list some products, vitamins, etc... that are detrimental for your hair. I hope that this will help alot of newbies and members having products listed this way.

I'll start:
1. Pass a hair law against weave bonding glue, white, black, blue, whatever the color. Glue + hair= baldness.
swearing.gif
wallbash.gif

2. Watch out for Sodium Laryl Sufates, Alcohols, and Luster's pink oil (they are all drying).
cry3.gif
If you still use some sls in shampoo please conditon like crazy.

3. RUN don't walk RUN away from anything grease (based on petrolem jelly)
ill.gif
just cloggs up the scalp try oils.
hth
smile.gif

Re: Paging Everyone....list of \"bad\" hair products...

Good post Lucia!!
smile.gif
I agree with the bonding glue. I've been a victim of that before.
ohwell.gif

I'll add cheap styling gel to the list. My hair reacts VERY badly to styling gel... I guess the kinds with alcohol mostly.

it is amazing how some have said pink oil is drying. that is the only hair moisturizer my sister uses and her hair is
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

ohwell.gif

it is not my fave for moisture but it shocks me how what worked for some is not for others. i get the feeling though that pink oil is best used on damp hair and only in nickel sized amounts.

i would specify and say SD alcohols should be stayed away from. there are actually moisturising alcohols, stearyl is one of them i think or is it ceteryl:)

I have found that products with mineral oil and fragrances to be aweful.
frown.gif

naughty.gif
PROCLAIM.jpg

IF YOU SEE THIS PRODUCT, RUN, DON'T EVEN PICK IT UP OFF THE SHELF TO LOOK AT IT. My daughter had a Sample she sprayed a tiny bit and curled a curl to see how it sets, and her hair was so hard and set, froze she tried to bend the end back or out, and it broke
blush.gif
oo: .

Ther's a cheap gell called Vital care alcohol free it's clear, and thermasilk gel has good ingredients in it too (silk amino acids).
shocked.gif
I was surprised it/s at the regular store, not Sally's or Korean's, or Indian stores. Ok I'm such a PJ-regular store?
drunk.gif

Well I just read the ingredient list of my favorite creme hairdress (Summit Liv) and I see that it has petrolatum and mineral oil.

What exactly is wrong with mineral oil? Do these ingredients stunt growth of your hair? I have been using this product for at least 8 years and I only use it on the edges of my hair. But it is pretty thick, and I did have one hairdresser tell me it was too heavy years ago. I think that is because I went too long without washing and there was a lot of build up.

Can anyone recommend a good creme hairdress (no gel) I can use to smooth my hair when I wear ponytails?
confused.gif

Here's 2:
1. Marc's Lano-lustre haircreme (at Korean beauty supply) blue and white glass jar and very very good-I hardly ever say that)
2. V05 haircreme, not the greasy looking one.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
gvsugirl said:
i thought it was only bad if used on the scalp...

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!
smile.gif

i like some of the products named here including Pink Oil. it works great on my ends. i think it all depends on how the products are used.

what doesn't work for me?

• Motions CPR

• Aphogee treatment

Not Bad But Good!!!

I just bought Black and Sassy Carribean Creme Leave in Conditioner and I have to say that I am in love with it. it is like a cold glass of iced tea on a hot day for your hair. i have to admit it is filled with chemicals that I cant even pronounce, but when I put it on my hair it feels wonderful. I have 4a/b relaxed hair so it might weigh down naturals. On my hair, which is pretty dry, the moisture is sucked up and im left with manageable movable hair.
smile.gif

Back