paging Kaytlynswoolocks....

VALLEYGIRL

I just read your response in the other thread about what will long natural hair look like. I agree with Sweetcocoa, your hair does sound beautiful. Can you tell us your hair care routine?
I am aiming for waist length ( I am about 4-5 inches away) but I am afraid it will be too difficult to care for. I already have a very hard time rollersetting. It takes forever to dry and my arms aren't long enough.

Thanks in advance
Valleygirl

PS do you have any pics you would be willing to post?

hairfanatic

Hi Valleygirl,

I know you were paging Kaytlynswoolocks, but from the black and white picture your hair looks waist length to me and...IT'S BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to get that length. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I do have a question. Since you do both pressing sometimes and the conditioner rinsing everyday, do you think your hair would have grown that length if you had just pressed and not rinsed everyday? I'm just curious.

hairfanatic

Okay, I looked at the picture again /images/graemlins/cool.gif, but it is still a great lenght of hair that any woman would admire /images/graemlins/grin.gif

VALLEYGIRL

Hi Hairfanatic
Thanks for the kind words. My hair is not quite waist length. Like I said I have a few more inches to go.
In my opinion I do think that the washing every day has helped me achieve this length. I have been doing this pretty much every day since about summer '98 when I went natural.
My style is a very low maintence style and I know this has helped me 'leave it alone' to a degree (meaning that I don't use curling irons and blow dryers on a regular basis) Also the added moisture from washing/wetting everyday has helped.

When I was relaxed and only washing once a week I was able to grow my hair pretty long (can't remember what length exactly but somewhere between mid back length and bra strap) by not blowdrying at all. Doing things like the ponytail method and wetsetting. This was a while ago. I just remember my mother thinking I had a weave when I went home to visit for the holidays.

I hope this answered your question and that I wasn't too confusing
Valleygirl

VALLEYGIRL

just out of curiousity where did you see my picture again?
I don't have a link posted to a homepage...or do I ? I am still trying to figure my way around this board.
Please let me know how you saw it again..
Thanks
valleygirl

hairfanatic

You posted a while back when you were discussing the new ceremic flat iron you purchased. Once you ladies post a link to your hair pictures, I just save the link in favorite places so I don't have to constantly look for them again. I hope you haven't had any problems with your pictures because they have definately been an inspiration to us all /images/graemlins/wink.gif

VALLEYGIRL

oh I was just wondering. I wanted to add it here as my homepage link but you made me think I did it already when you said you just looked at it again...I was like where?
And I haven't had any problems with all the photo stealing going around but I block my face out of my pics anyway.

Thanks for bumping Sweetcocoa!!
Valleygirl