Paging Tracy!!!

JenJen2721

Quick question:

How often can one safely use a semi-permanent color? I had a bad mishap with Color Instincts where it gave me a color I really didn't like. The box says it washes out in about 24 shampoos and it's been that long. Here's the problem...the auburn color did wash out after 24 (or less) shampoos/cond. washes, but my original color is lighter than what I started out with! It's a light reddish muddy brown now.
I want to go back to a dark brown and I purchased Adore in Sienna Brown and I want to gradually use semi-perms to go darker until I find my desired shade of brown.
I'm wondering how often I can do this gradual darkening. Does that make sense? Or what would you recommend? I'm all confused.

Tracy

Nope! you make total sense - Jen.

I have used semi-perms back to back as often as a week apart when I've ended up with a sahde I don't like. I usually go between 3-4 weeks before re-applying because I wet and wash nmy hair so often.

Your proposal is the safest way to do what you want to do IMO. If you are going to use Adore - just watch the protein, is the only admonition I'd give - stick with moisturizing conditioners just in case the protein makes your hair a little brittle after a time....it MAY not do that on your hair, but better safe than sorry.

HTH