Perfectil Supplements

kitten73

Hi, ladies and gents! Has anyone out there heard of or tried this new product on the market called "Perfectil"? I have seen the ads in the subway and in Duane Reade in NY. I am tempted to give it a try, wondered if someone has already used it and what results did they have. They have a website www.perfectil.com. Here are the ingredients:

Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol Prep.) 200 IU 50
Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate Prep.) 40 IU 155
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 60 mg 100
Thiamin (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 8 mg 533
Riboflavin ( Vitamin B2) 4 mg 253
Niacin (as Nicotinamide) 18 mg 90
Vitamin B6 (as Hydrochloride) 20 mg 1000
Folacin (as Folic Acid) 500 mcg 125
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin Prep.) 9 mcg 150
Biotin 45 mcg 15
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Salt) 40 mg 400
Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate) 12 mg 64
Magnesium (Magnesium Hydroxide) 75 mg 19
Zinc (Zinc Sulfate) 15 mg 100
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 200 mcg 133
Copper (as Copper Sulfate) 2 mg 100

Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate) 2 mg *
Silicon (as Silicon Dioxide) 15 mg *
Chromium (as Glycine Chelate) 50 mcg *
Selenium (as Sodium Selenate) 100 mcg *
Cystine 10 mg *
Natural Mixed Carotenoids 4 mg *
Echinacea Extract (Echinarea Purpurea) equiv to 195 mg *
Burdock Root Extract (Arctium Lappa) equiv to 80 mg *

* Daily Value not established
mg – milligram, mcg – microgram, , IU - International Units

Carlie

The site lists the following in it's formula that's key to benefit the hair: copper, magnesium, iodine, biotin.

I wouldn't take it. All of these can be found in a multivitamin.

Kalani

[ QUOTE ]
The site lists the following in it's formula that's key to benefit the hair: copper, magnesium, iodine, biotin.

I wouldn't take it. All of these can be found in a multivitamin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was gonna say I have that stuff and more in my daily multi-vitamin. I swear these people figure they can re-package and market an already existing product to make a buck!

alliyah4eva203

i use to take it for several months. it's just an overpriced multivitamin. although it does contain some hair growing ingredients the potency is too low to make any signifaicant difference in hair growth.

kitten73

really! i took the GNC Hair, Skin and Nail vitality pack during the summer and i did see some results. each package (you get a one month supply) has MSM, Biotin, two Mega Woman and two other pills. I felt this was too many pills to take each day and the box is 49.99. I was trying to find something a little more affordable. Do any of you guys have any suggestions?

kitten73

Do you have any suggestions, 50 bucks is just too much fo rme right now and I keep thinking there has to be something out there that will work just as well for maintaining hair, skin and nails and overall health.

kitten73

What! I have a vitamin shop near my job on 45 and Lexington. I may go in there at lunch. Did you get it a very long time ago?

Carlie

Atmo718, that's a good price. ...and you can always supplement addt'l msm & biotin w. any multi. /images/graemlins/up.gif

kitten73

I will go to GNC and Vitamin shop today and lunch and try to compare. It's so confusing though. I never know what is enough (bvits, MSM, Biotin, Cystine etc...) and what is too much. I know i was getting everything in that pack put $50 isn't in my budget right now. I have to read the Ultra Nourish bottle because I don't remember if it contained all the essentials for hair growth and health. Does anyone out there know what I should look for as far as main ingredients?

kitten73

I just went and picked it up from the vitamin shop. i read the labels of the other ones they had and the $8 bottle seems to have the best ingredients. I will give it a try. it says to take 3 a day, do you take that many and if so do you have any adverse side effects like upset stomach. they guy in the store said for best results, take 3.

ChasingBliss

I take HSN from the Vt Shoppe and I start of with three a day then go down to two. I also take an extra biotin 10mgs and a teaspoon of msm daily. This works for me but recently someone here did a vinegar (I think) test on the VS HSN and said it would not break down. I havent done the test yet my self but Im considereing looking into multi vits from Kosher Vitamins

atmo718

[ QUOTE ]
I just went and picked it up from the vitamin shop. i read the labels of the other ones they had and the $8 bottle seems to have the best ingredients. I will give it a try. it says to take 3 a day, do you take that many and if so do you have any adverse side effects like upset stomach. they guy in the store said for best results, take 3.

[/ QUOTE ] No, I haven't had any side effects and I also take 3 a day. I think my hair is actually growing and I'm noticing more hair on my chin /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

atmo718

[ QUOTE ]
Atmo718, that's a good price. ...and you can always supplement addt'l msm & biotin w. any multi. /images/graemlins/up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Carlie that's a great idea maybe I should start taking centrum. Right now I am only taking the vitamins from the Vitamin Shoppe. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif