PH Balance Database!

Curly Lee

Hi ladies, I know that checking the PH balance of products is all the rage now since Kimmaytube's videos on the subject.
I think we should compile the PH of commonly used products so we get a general range of the PH without having to buy the strips! :rolleyes:
Basically if you could include the PH for any products you tested here it would be great for cheap folks like me who don't want to buy the strips! :grin:
TIA!

Nonie

Originally Posted by xcuzememiss
French Perm Stabilizer Plus has a PH of 2.5 great for sealing cuticles and after relaxers

That is way too acidic. :nono:

Not if you're trying to neutralize a relaxer which are usually very alkaline. Since it says Perm Stabilizer, my guess is it's only to be used after a relaxer.

But as a regular cuticle closing product, you're right: crazy acidic!

Here are some shampoos (Source):
Grocery Store Brands (Average pH = 5.95)
Dove Intense Moisture = 6.05
Fructis Moisture Works = 6.64
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration = 6.20
Tresemme Antibreakage = 5.40
White Rain Extra Body = 5.35
Yes To Carrots = 6.07

Salon Brands (Average pH = 6.14)
Matrix Amplify = 6.76
Redken All-Soft = 5.59
Samy Salon Systems Smooth and Shine = 6.08​

.:Eden:.

Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner = 4
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner = 4
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner = 5
Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner = 5
Yes to Cucumbers Leave in Conditioner = 4
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Shampoo = 6
Luster's S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer = 5.5
Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo = 4

Curly Lee

Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner = 4
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner = 4
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner = 5
Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner = 5
Yes to Cucumbers Leave in Conditioner = 4
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Shampoo = 6
Luster's S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer = 5.5
Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo = 4

Thank you much ma'am! I use alot of those products.
Here is kimmaytube's video on PH Balance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sohj1nnCOGs

Lady S

This makes me want to buy some pH strips and test what I've been dumping in my hair.

ms.blue

is it necessary for moisture condish to be more alk. to lift the cuticle and "get in" the hair?

I think using a alkaline shampoo will be better b/c it will lift the cuticle allowing the acidic conditioner to work better and sealing the cuticle.

is it necessary for moisture condish to be more alk. to lift the cuticle and "get in" the hair?

I think using a alkaline shampoo will be better b/c it will lift the cuticle allowing the acidic conditioner to work better and sealing the cuticle.

It is not necessary to use a conditioner or shampoo that is alkaline. Water (ph of 7) is enough. Conditioners don't actually "get in" the hair, they just sit on top of the cuticle. I recommend following The Natural Haven, she provides scientific evidence to a lot of hair related questions.

I suggest reading these two posts:

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/10/shampoo-sls-for-clean-hair.html

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/03/monday-myths-can-you-really-deep.html

She gives diagrams to help with the explanation.

kiesha8185

Homocrin Natural Nourishing Conditioner For Dry and Brittle Hair, 8.45-Ounce Bottle
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010ZL0BW/ref=oss_product

PH: 3.5

I know that this is a conditioner, but I use it as a moisturizer and I don't wash it out. It is by far the best moisturizer I have found. I put a lot of family and friends on it (relaxed and natural) and it each of them LOVE IT. I have only been able to find it online. It's expensive, but it lasts me about 6 months. I pay $18.46 (free shipping) and buy it from Amazon. I use it as a moisturizer and a pre-poo. It coats my hair and preps it for the shampoo. Aloe is the main ingredient.

Ingredients: Aloe Vera Barbadensis, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Behentrimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Zinc Sulfate, Water, Stearyl Beeswax, Behenyl Beeswax Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimoniumhydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Orbignya Oleifera, Buxus Chinensis, Cera Alba, Citrus Paradisi, Chicorium Intybus, Acacia, Niacin, Lactobacillus Ferment, Lactococcus Ferment, Lactic Acid, Perfume.

DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED WITHOUT OMG, SLES, ALLERGENS AND PARABENS

Description: With Prebiotic milk enzymes, Organic Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Babassù Oil and Karite Butter. Due to its pH balance and active ingredients, the conditioner nourishes and hydrates hair fiber, making hair bright and shiny. It is made from natural ingredients that are delicate and gentle for even softer hair. The product is a natural, nourishing cosmetic treatment for dry and brittle hair, and it contains a wide range of active ingredients retained useful in international scientific literature.

Curly Lee

Hi ladies thanks for posting your PH results, I broke down and bought some strips today and I will add results when I test some things. I'm also bumping for more answers! :grin:

Hi ladies thanks for posting your PH results, I broke down and bought some strips today and I will add results when I test some things. I'm also bumping for more answers! :grin:

Did you go to the ebay link I posted or bought the expensive kind?