Ph balanced shampoo? Cathy Howse Peeps....

kbragg

Must be shampoo day lol! I am loving Cathy Howse's book! I just got done reading her section on selecting a shampoo that's PH balanced and doesn't have added "slip agents" and conditioners. Does anyone else here use her methods, and if so what shampoo do you use? Thanks in advance!

GlamourGirl

I use Cathy Howse's methods. For a shampoo I use CON (the green one), since she says to use a shampoo for dry/damaged/color-treated hair.

Dare~to~Dream

I use Kenra Moisturizing shampoo. She states that most shampoos are ph-balanced (even the drugstore ones) so just make sure you are using one that is formulated for dry hair.

YellowButterfly

I have started to reread her book and I am going to actually do her whole regimen for a year to see if I can gain the whole 6" or more. ( I was inspired after seeing Glamour Girl's success). I use to use Creme Conditioning Shampoo by Elasta QP and it stated on it's label that it is ph 5.5 . It's for dry/damaged hair. My hair felt really nice after using it. Right now I am experimenting with all natural shampoos from the health food store that are moisturizing but I usually just condition only wash which I am going to incorporate into the routine because my condition washes get my hair pretty clean and my hair has done really well with them. ( I do not have a camera right now but I am going to get one to track my progress and hopefully post).

GlamourGirl

YellowButterfly said:
I have started to reread her book and I am going to actually do her whole regimen for a year to see if I can gain the whole 6" or more. ( I was inspired after seeing Glamour Girl's success). I use to use Creme Conditioning Shampoo by Elasta QP and it stated on it's label that it is ph 5.5 . It's for dry/damaged hair. My hair felt really nice after using it. Right now I am experimenting with all natural shampoos from the health food store that are moisturizing but I usually just condition only wash which I am going to incorporate into the routine because my condition washes get my hair pretty clean and my hair has done really well with them. ( I do not have a camera right now but I am going to get one to track my progress and hopefully post).

That's great YellowButterfly! I'm glad I inspired you to do so. Incorporating conditioner washes should work pretty well. Can't wait to see ur pics!