Phony Pony for 4a/b's

SelfStyled

I like to baggy with a phony pony bun, but have had a hard time finding a pony to match my texture. Could anyone reccomed a phony pony that isn't so silky or shiny......:rolleyes:? Thanks!

ETA:Help me Glamazon 386- I know youlll lead me in the right direction.

Last edited:

raloftin

Have you heard of the website http://laceflair.com/Hair Selections.htm ....I saw this on another members Fotki last night and I think I'm gonna order H14 Short Curl...I mainly went there to check out some of the pony clips they sell but then seen the ponytail and thought it might be somewhat convincing.

Rai

glamazon386

:lol: Thanks for the shout out. Any short/spiral curly pony with small curls will do. Even if the curls are a little bigger than your hair, you won't be able to tell once your hair is slicked back. You can also pluck the curls apart to make it look more like natural hair. HTH...

ETA: I usually use the kanekalon braiding hair for my buns. I take half the pack and make a giant braid or twist and then pin it around my ponytail. I usually use 2 big pins and a ponytail holder and it'll stay all day.

SelfStyled

Thanks Rai, I think they look realistic......not so sure about the texture though...

Yay Glamazon- thanks for coming through:lachen:.....So you think Spiral Curls will work? Allrighty then.

SelfStyled

:lol: Thanks for the shout out. Any short/spiral curly pony with small curls will do. Even if the curls are a little bigger than your hair, you won't be able to tell once your hair is slicked back. You can also pluck the curls apart to make it look more like natural hair. HTH...

ETA: I usually use the kanekalon braiding hair for my buns. I take half the pack and make a giant braid or twist and then pin it around my ponytail. I usually use 2 big pins and a ponytail holder and it'll stay all day.

Ohhh I love that idea for a bun. I am definetly going to try that:yep:.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
the one from janet collection is really nice. i have a pic of it in my fotki but its closed for the time being. it matched very well. I totally had people fooled! it was so big i wore it as a half wig and a phony puff.

SpiritJunkie

Girl!

I like this idea....

glamazon386

[/B]

Ohhh I love that idea for a bun. I am definetly going to try that:yep:.

Here's a picture:

Nonie

You mean like not shiny like this:

That's the Cozy phony puff that I got from wowwigs.com but when I tried to reorder this year found out they ran out of it and won't be restocking.:ohwell: I guess there was no point me posting if I didn't have any useful info huh? *shameface*

SelfStyled

You mean like not shiny like this:

That's the Cozy phony puff that I got from wowwigs.com but when I tried to reorder this year found out they ran out of it and won't be restocking.:ohwell: I guess there was no point me posting if I didn't have any useful info huh? *shameface*

That's OK all posters are welcome:yep:.. I love your puff too bad the are not restocking that. Also your twists are really nice!

Nonie

That's OK all posters are welcome:yep:.. I love your puff too bad the are not restocking that. Also your twists are really nice!

Aww...Thanks but uhmm...they aren't twists. :blush: I just have a weird way of braiding so that you see the side of the braid instead of the top of it. *shameface* So what you are seeing is a braid but you are seeing its side kinda like how you see the side of the cornrow I have my extension braids in - see pic to the right.

africa

I would add the Mane Clip's Spiral Hair to this list. Phonyponies.com (which was replaced by www.themaneclip.com) had the best 4a/4b looking phonyponies. I ordered their spiral hair along with the clip and this was my reaction :wallbash:! I had the impression after emailing them that it was the same hair phonyponies used. It was too soft and European looking; looked nothing like my coarse 4a/4b hair.

So I emailed customer service and they sent me a sample of spiral hair from a "different supplier" ;). It is exact same hair phonyponies had. It looks 3c/4aish but when you comb it out its straight up 4b :grin:. Their colors seem to run a little light in my experience though. Their number 2 looks more like a 3 to me.

If anyone is interested in ordering, I would suggest specifying you want the kinky looking spiral curls or you might get something else :).

Last edited: