Pics of my new Protective Style

Babygurl

Well in the search for alternatives to my phony pony, I found these little hair pieces. Its basically hair wrapped around an ouchless elastic band. I found them at the BSS for $1.99. So I got a few of them. I took pictures of one of them. They are so quick and easy just wrap them around your ponytail or bun. I am actually hiding my baggie in the pictures. 2 seconds and Im out the door. The pics are in my album, click the link in my signature.

MyNameIsCiara

Your hair looks real nice! And I like that ponytail, thats real nice! But may I ask what protective styles actually do for the hair and what is the baggy used for? lol.

Thanks...

brwnskingirl

Dear ciara,
I remember those days when I knew nothing. Just take some time out to read the board and you wll see and learn things you could never imagine. It might take some time but read on girl.

bellydancer

Where is BSS? I want one but I don't know where to get it! And do they have them in more curly styles because I'm a natural 4a/b.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
MyNameIsCiara said:
Your hair looks real nice! And I like that ponytail, thats real nice! But may I ask what protective styles actually do for the hair and what is the baggy used for? lol.

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]
Researching those things on here are fun! I learned everything about the baggie technique and protective styles from the wonderful ladies on this board. I use protective styles to retain length, as its low manipulation. The baggie is used to seal in moisture from the products I put in my hair (mainly water and olive oil). The baggie keeps the ends nice and moist. So yeah read on youll find more answers than the ones Ive given you!

Babygurl

Girl thank you so much....my hair is thriving since I found this board....and your hair is growing very nicely!!

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
Where is BSS? I want one but I don't know where to get it! And do they have them in more curly styles because I'm a natural 4a/b.

[/ QUOTE ]
BSS is beauty supply store. They have them in all types of styles, from curly to straight to afro. Check your local beauty supply for them.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I agree, Babygurl, those are cute! And they're cheaper than phonytails, huh?
... I need to switch up a little during the Bun Challenge.... hmmm....wonder if Sally's Beauty Supply has them?

Spagirl

Sorry, something is wrong with my computer. When I click on the link I can only view your nice length progress pictures (growing nicely I might add) with the most recent picture being posted in Oct. 2003.

Peachtree

Babygurl, ur hair looks really nice

I've seen those "hairy bands" in the bss. I was tempted to buy several on more than 1 ocassion. It looks really cute on ur hair... I may just hafta get one!

Thanks for sharing

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Too cute! I may have to give those a try!

[/ QUOTE ]
I was hoping you would like it DSD. Youre my protective style idol. Go ahead and get a couple, theyre cheap and really quick.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
I agree, Babygurl, those are cute! And they're cheaper than phonytails, huh?
... I need to switch up a little during the Bun Challenge.... hmmm....wonder if Sally's Beauty Supply has them?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's exactly why I bought them, I am getting VERY bored with the bun challenge and DESPERATELY looking for a way to dress it up. They're VERY cheap and look cute. Also its as easy as putting on a scrunchie.

bellydancer

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:

[/ QUOTE ]

BSS is beauty supply store. They have them in all types of styles, from curly to straight to afro. Check your local beauty supply for them.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh thanks babes. All these abbreviations got me confused!!

ChasingBliss

Wow, that looks really pretty on you.
Im thinking now that it would make a nice little variation from the bun challenge without losing its benefits

Isis

It looks great! I don't recall seeing them at Sally's though. Where else has anyone seen them in different hair textures?

sweetcocoa

I've seen those, but never thought about trying one. Yours looks really cute! I might try one to spice up my real ponytail.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
It looks great! I don't recall seeing them at Sally's though. Where else has anyone seen them in different hair textures?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Ive ever seen them at Sally's either. I usually see them at the Asian BSS. I saw a few at Walmart but they were blond.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
sweetcocoa said:
I've seen those, but never thought about trying one. Yours looks really cute! I might try one to spice up my real ponytail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much!