Pj alert...Nexxus gift sets on sale at Target

gymfreak336

Target has some nexxus gift sets on sale for like 7 bucks. The either have a full sized shampoo and a small bottle of conditioner or styling aid or a 5oz bottle of conditioner and a 3-4oz bottle of shampoo.

tada1

I still have a full bottle of humectin sitting under my bed but as soon as i saw the word "sale" i was so clicking on this thread!!!:lachen:

Thanks for sharing...

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Say what?!?!? Thanks Gymfreak - I am all over that!!!

Me too!! Just curious though: I wonder if this is all Target stores. Some stores have different gift sets on sale this time of year. I found that out last year when I went into 3 different Targets and each one of them had completely different gift sets on sale. I'm going to check into this though. Thanks for posting gym!! I really would like to try some Humectress. SO said I couldn't buy anything else until X-mas, but I'm going to see if I can't sneak this by him.

Glitter

I saw this yesterday morning and immediately thought of LHCF!!!

My gift set had 3.5 ounce bottles of humectress, the shampoo, and the heat protectant. I tried out the humectress and the shampoo as soon as I got home!

gymfreak336

I saw this yesterday morning and immediately thought of LHCF!!!

My gift set had 3.5 ounce bottles of humectress, the shampoo, and the heat protectant. I tried out the humectress and the shampoo as soon as I got home!

How did you like Humectress?

I got the set that had the full sized sleektress shampoo...I got two of those. I also got two that had the full sized Therapee.

Glitter

How did you like Humectress?

I got the set that had the full sized sleektress shampoo...I got two of those. I also got two that had the full sized Therapee.

Honestly? I thought it was good - but I'm not sure if it's $15 good. To me, it worked as well as AO conditioners or J/A/S/O/N sea kelp condition and those are roughtly $7 and $5, respectively. It's definitely thicker than the Suave bootleg; however, with the $3 Suave, I really load up on the conditioner whereas I was practically rationing out the Humectress. I think if you can get past the price you'll enjoy it but for me, I wasn't able to.

I tried the sleektress shampoo and I LOVED it. I haven't been able to find a shampoo that doesn't leave my eyes red or stingy (my eyes are extremely sensitive and shampoos irritate them even if there's no contact) AND moisturizes. I've been using Dove's shampoo b/c I loved the moisture so I was trying to resign myself to a life of red eyes. I will definitely purchase the shampoo again!:yep:

Haven't used the heat protectant, we will see how that works!

ryanshope

Nexxus is the TRUTH!!! I was sleeping until I started thinking about how macherieamour uses Keracare exclusively so I decided to use Nexxus exclusively for the past month or so--my hair feels like silk and at the Dec 9 meetup I am giving away all my other products--dominican, biosilk, mizani..done...it has take me FOREVER to find a line that works well consistently, but Nexxus is a keeper..side note* Alberto Culver just purchase them and I have heard the formula for Humectress has changed. I don't know, I have old bottles that still say Nexxus Inc. on them, so I have to compare the two now.

gymfreak336

Honestly? I thought it was good - but I'm not sure if it's $15 good. To me, it worked as well as AO conditioners or J/A/S/O/N sea kelp condition and those are roughtly $7 and $5, respectively. It's definitely thicker than the Suave bootleg; however, with the $3 Suave, I really load up on the conditioner whereas I was practically rationing out the Humectress. I think if you can get past the price you'll enjoy it but for me, I wasn't able to.

I tried the sleektress shampoo and I LOVED it. I haven't been able to find a shampoo that doesn't leave my eyes red or stingy (my eyes are extremely sensitive and shampoos irritate them even if there's no contact) AND moisturizes. I've been using Dove's shampoo b/c I loved the moisture so I was trying to resign myself to a life of red eyes. I will definitely purchase the shampoo again!:yep:

Haven't used the heat protectant, we will see how that works!

Thanks for your review. I have the heat protectant. I like it, I spray it over my rollerset.

sikora

I picked up one of those last year. It came with a cute cosmetic bag and a nexxus keychain.

poookie

i almost dropped my basket when i saw that humectress and therappe in a box for only 6.99 the other day!

so i threw it in my cart...
sped home...
and was about to slap it on as a pre-poo / deep conditioner, when i said to myself, "maybe i should read the labels first..."

the humectress bottle has one set of ingredients, while the BOX has a completely different set... why come giftBox humectress has no ceramides, but regular Humectress does?

and for those who bought the humectress/therappe combo, did you notice the bottle was unusually... empty? like, only 75% full?

AND that giftBox humectress doesn't smell as humectressy as regular Humectress??

maybe this is only at the target i live near... (southern maryland)
or i'm just a paranoid newbie... :nono: