Please Help I got a bad relaxer twice!!!!!

PraiseHim

Hi everyone...I have been lurking for a while, but I guess something has to happen for some people to post...6wks ago I got my 1st relaxer in about 2years(took my locks out in sep/oct) I gave my hair alphogee treaments about 3 times before I got my relaxer..I wanted affirm but the stylist said she would have it but didn't I really wanted my hair done so I let her put in some no lye by B&B( I dont know the name) it took everywhere except for the ends of my hair...the stylist said my hair would shed being my 1st relaxer
and it did reallllllllllllly bad I was so scared I just washed ,cond.(UBH) and did somemore protein treatments I kept my hair in a scrunchie...I went back so she could give me a corrective relaxer this time w/affirm lye reg. she saw that my hair was shedddddding and did not want to leave the perm on long and now I am stuck again w/straight roots and frizzy ends plus shedding I am sooooo dissappointed...I went and bought l'oreal nature theapy line and I
did a pre wash w/their hot oil,washed,protein(alphogee),cond.w/Ubh&Nature
therapy and I'm letting my hair air dry.and pull it back.....I don't know what else to do....Can someone please try and give me some advice
TNA Sorry I'm so long!!!!
PraiseHim

well sounds like you are doing the right things but i dont see why she just didnt do your ends and roots or just your ends

maybe you can try aphogee green tea and keratin reconstructor spray it is for daily use

Thank you msportugal, can you get that at sallys?.....Do you think I should wait longer than 6wks to get my next touch up? I was thinking that maybe I should start at my ends first and then do the rest to give them a little more time to process.....but that might be too much...she did let it sit for about 5to10 mins, but that was not enough....

Aww, I'm sorry for the shedding. That's always really scary.

I just want add to what MsPortugal said...I would try what she recommended and if you can get Nexxus Keraphix and Emergencee, I would try them too. I would not get a touch up any sooner than 8 weeks, if I were you.

Wow. I would not go back to that hair dresser, ESPECIALLY for any kind of chemical treatment. She should not have put another relaxer on your head if she saw it was sheddddding. I'm actually surprised that a professional hair dresser would put a no-lye on your hair in the first place. Especially if it was a virgin relaxer.

As what to do now, I would lay off so many protein treatments because it could make your hair hard, dry, and make the shedding/breaking even WORSE. I would DEEP CONDITION with a MOISTURIZING conditioner and cut down on manipulation. The hot oil, shampoo, treatment, treatment, condition, oil, can be doing more harm than good. And I would NOT put another chemical on your hair for MUCH longer than 6 weeks.

Webby, Thanks! can I buy these online ? in case I have a time trying to find them locally....Thanks you all for any and all your advice..

All the advice the other ladies have given is great. I would like to add though maybe you can try the baggie method to help with your ends.

Jasmin...you can best believe I am not going back!!!

Jujuboo...what kind of moisturizing cond do you suggest? is the nexxus products mentioned be okay?......

lovleymissyoli....I tried to do the baggie method, but I had some shedding when I took the rubberband(thr protecting kind) and I did't know if I should continue....

**you ladies are the greatest!!I knew I could turn to you all for support**

Nexxus anything is GREAT. I had a bad relaxer a few years ago and Nexxus Humectress NURSED my hair back to health. :)

I'm pretty sure Humectress is a moisturizing conditioner. I'm not so sure that Emergencee is. Someone help me out!

I've been using Design Essentials Stimulations for over a year now. It's a really good moisturizing conditioner. It tingles too! :D

Try using Nexxus Keraphix every 4 or 5 days. It works for me. I just relaxed my hair on the 12th and I tend to have a mild shedding problem within two weeks or so after relaxing. Keraphix has really proven itself so far. Definitely a keeper. Give it a try:) .

I haven't read the entire thread, but MY advice would be to stay away from chemical treatments period & wash-n-condition your hair regularly.Keep it simple 'till your hair starts acting right. Just my .02!

Back